• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tabbers Template Replacement Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, that works. added it to the page.
Thank you.

You should preferably mention that the creators of this type of template should always select the "Navbox" template type and click "Save" as well.

Also, please do not use indexing categories in sandbox pages. It messes up our organisation.

Also, please do not use indexing categories in sandbox pages. It messes up our organisation.

It was only temporary.

You should preferably mention that the creators of this type of template should always select the "Navbox" template type and click "Save" as well.

Will do. Shall I create the page after that?

It was only temporary.
Okay. No problem.
Will do. Shall I create the page after that?
It seems fine to me, but some more input wouldn't hurt first, and we also need to select a proper name for the instruction page. Would "Navigation Templates for Characters with Multiple Profiles" be fine, or is it too long?

Also, should we mention the existence of the navigation templates page within the standard format for character profiles page, or just as a standardised link near the bottom of it?

Well, the title that I mentioned earlier may have been too long. How about "Standard Format for Character Templates", or would that be too unspecific?

Does anybody else here have any suggestions?

Also, should we include a link to the new page in some section of the standard format for character profiles page, or just in the link list near the bottom?

Also, should we include a link to the new page in some section of the standard format for character profiles page, or just in the link list near the bottom?
Probably we should add a new h2 section. Let it be called «Navboxes and Quotes» (This would also be a solution with the quotes that can be inserted in both text and audio format, as we don't have a proper instruction regarding that yet). It should be located between the Tabbers and Images and Summary h2 sections.

If we insert such a section, it should be placed near the top of the page, below the initial illustration image, and above all of the other instruction sections, as the navigation boxes should always be placed at the top of character profile pages.

Would you be fine with a new section instead of a separate page, Damage?

I don't mind either way, though I thought it worked well as a separate page in a similar theme to this page.

The possible problem is that our members might be less likely to notice it that way.

It looks good to me. Thank you for helping out.

Should we include a copy of the information in the standard format for verse pages page as well? Some franchises have multiple branches, but it is rather uncommon.

It's a lot less common than for characters, I'm not sure if it warrants mentioning on a "standard format" for Verses pages.

Okay. Never mind then.

Are we finished here then?

Yeah, I think we're done.

We could delete the old Tab2 template seeing as it serves no purpose now.

Okay. Feel free to do so.

Preferably check that no pages currently use it first though.

Okay. Feel free to do so.

Preferably check that no pages currently use it first though.
Actually, while no pages currently link to it, a large number of user blogs currently use it via draft pages.

The Tab2 template should probably still be deleted though so people who are using it in draft profiles don't accidentally keep using it when they make pages for those characters.

Yes, that is a good point. I don't mind, but it would be good with some further staff input here.

Btw: The following section should preferably also explain how to start creating a template page in the first place. Meaning, how to make sure that it doesn't turn into a regular page.

Last edited:
Btw: The following section should preferably also explain how to start creating a template page in the first place. Meaning, how to make sure that it doesn't turn into a regular page.

That feels like we're leading people around a bit if we don't even expect them to know how to make a template. People shouldn't be editing the wiki unless they have at least very basic wiki editing skills.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think that it is unreasonable to just give a few basic instructions, given that clicking the "create a new page" button does not provide an easily understood option for them.

I don't think that it is unreasonable to just give a few basic instructions, given that clicking the "create a new page" button does not provide an easily understood option for them.
I have added in a note for that.

So is there anything left to do here, or should we close this thread?

Only thing left I can imagine is deleting the Tab2 template. I held off at first because it's used in blog posts but many of those blogs are years old and it would be better to delete it so it isn't mistakenly still used.

Okay. I've done that and I'm closing the thread now.

Big thanks to everyone who assisted in getting this project completed. I believe the pages are much better overall now, especially for characters we have so many versions of like Superman.

Yes, major big thanks to everybody who helped out with improving our wiki here.

As a project that took way longer than I thought it would, I am quite satisfied that we managed to get through it all.

Good job everyone. Let's do some great stuff in the next project too!

I have an important project regarding replacing all Discord image links in our wiki pages that I need to initiate soon, so I would greatly appreciate help with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back