• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sypha Belnades (Game) vs Remillia Scarlet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't have a similarity between the two, other than a vampire hunter hunting down a vampire, but I think this is gonna be a fun fight.

Sypha Belnades vs Remillia Scarlet (2-C key)

Speed is equal
Starts 50M away
Who will win?

I really hope this isn't a stomp for either side.

Last edited:
Why is everyone spamming Leon matches there's plenty of other Belmonts for you to make matches wit-
Anyways, Remilia has the AP advantage, but Leon outhaxes her so badly that it's probably a stomp in his favour.

Why is everyone spamming Leon matches there's plenty of other Belmonts for you to make matches wit-
Anyways, Remilia has the AP advantage, but Leon outhaxes her so badly that it's probably a stomp in his favour.
Any Belmont other than Leon's first key has passive 4D null as far as I'm aware. Vampire Killer can passively null and stat reduction. So it will be a stomp for the Belmonts.

Remillia has the AP advantage, personally I think it's a matter of skill can Leon dodge Remillia's danmaku or Remillia kills him first.

Last edited:
Does she have any 4D hax? Of the abilities I've seen of her, I think only two would work, the danmaku to hit Leon more easily and the Power Modification because it doesn't seem to be listed in Leon's resistances.

Anyway, if she doesn't have 4D soul hax resistance and doesn't have her layered regeneration, Leon kills her with a single hit. He can also use the 4D sealing that she doesn't seem to resist and which has low multiversal range. In fact, his magic has that range, so it wouldn't be difficult for him to kill her.

I'm not much of a debater, I prefer to ask questions to incite discussion and I don't know anything about the other character other than what is listed in her profile, so these are just my thoughts.

Does she have any 4D hax? Of the abilities I've seen of her, I think only two would work, the danmaku to hit Leon more easily and the Power Modification because it doesn't seem to be listed in Leon's resistances.

Anyway, if she doesn't have 4D soul hax resistance and doesn't have her layered regeneration, Leon kills her with a single hit. He can also use the 4D sealing that she doesn't seem to resist and which has low multiversal range. In fact, his magic has that range, so it wouldn't be difficult for him to kill her.

I'm not much of a debater, I prefer to ask questions to incite discussion and I don't know anything about the other character other than what is listed in her profile, so these are just my thoughts.
She does not have any 4D hax, the regen isn't layered, and she resists basically none of Leon's win conditions. This is a comical mismatch.

Maybe she'll have a better shot after my planned revisions are said and done.

She does not have any 4D hax, the regen isn't layered, and she resists basically none of Leon's win conditions. This is a comical mismatch.

Just out of curiosity, how does her power and resistance modification work?

9f2.jpg

Just out of curiosity, how does her power and resistance modification work?
Power modification stems from the ability to grant "names" to other people's abilities (or your own abilities), changing their properties in the process. For example, it has been used to give states of being like spatial intangibility a hard time limit, or turning attacks like punching a hole in someone's chest into something non-lethal. This doesn't remove the non-altered ability though, so a character affected in this way could still use their unmodified techniques so long as they know they can do so.

Resistance modification is a trait that youkai have, where they can simply rewrite what does and doesn't affect them. The clearest example of this is Suika using it to ignore weakness to beans (which usually burn her flesh and can exorcise her) and proceeding to eat an entire plate without issue. So for Remilia, she could probably choose to stop being weak to the sun, as an example. Although, this ability is extremely out of character because youkai rely on on people's beliefs in the rituals used to exorcise them to continue existing (eg; People believing vampires are weak to the sun, garlic, silver, and so on is part of what keeps the legend of vampires and the actions used to keep them at bay alive, and thus keeps Remilia alive as well).

Not to say any of this gives Remilia a win, though.

I never know anything.

Power modification stems from the ability to grant "names" to other people's abilities (or your own abilities), changing their properties in the process. For example, it has been used to give states of being like spatial intangibility a hard time limit, or turning attacks like punching a hole in someone's chest into something non-lethal. This doesn't remove the non-altered ability though, so a character affected in this way could still use their unmodified techniques so long as they know they can do so.

Resistance modification is a trait that youkai have, where they can simply rewrite what does and doesn't affect them. The clearest example of this is Suika using it to ignore weakness to beans (which usually burn her flesh and can exorcise her) and proceeding to eat an entire plate without issue. So for Remilia, she could probably choose to stop being weak to the sun, as an example. Although, this ability is extremely out of character because youkai rely on on people's beliefs in the rituals used to exorcise them to continue existing (eg; People believing vampires are weak to the sun, garlic, silver, and so on is part of what keeps the legend of vampires and the actions used to keep them at bay alive, and thus keeps Remilia alive as well).

Not to say any of this gives Remilia a win, though.
Can she use resistence modification on other people?

Leon's most important powers and resistances (almost all?) are 4D, but Remillia's power and resistance modifier is 3D. Can she use her ability to modify Leon's stuff?

Can she use resistence modification on other people?

Leon's most important powers and resistances (almost all?) are 4D, but Remillia's power and resistance modifier is 3D. Can she use her ability to modify Leon's stuff?
She cannot, she can only modify her own resistances.

Well, names in Touhou are type 1 concepts, so the power modification would be on a conceptual level, so would that work? Touhou doesn't really have any 4D hax at the moment, unfortunately.

She cannot, she can only modify her own resistances.

Well, names in Touhou are type 1 concepts, so the power modification would be on a conceptual level, so would that work? Touhou doesn't really have any 4D hax at the moment, unfortunately.
How is power modification done? Thought, wave of the hand, some projectile, etc.

That’s assuming Remilia starts off with that over anything else. Plus it’s a mismatch no matter what’s being used here for both characters. You’re better off using any other Castlevania characters

Idk, I'm not an expert on this. I think he would resist it, since we assume characters who resist magic also resist abilities reliant on magic (like a magic-resistant character resisting a fireball spell or something).

How is power modification done? Thought, wave of the hand, some projectile, etc.
Never really elaborated on. I don't recall any exact method being given for name bestowal, though it definitely isn't a projectile of some kind.

That’s assuming Remilia starts off with that over anything else. Plus it’s a mismatch no matter what’s being used here for both characters. You’re better off using any other Castlevania characters
Yeah name manipulation is reserved for things characters know are dangerous. Remili wouldn't have any real knowledge going in that would make her use it, and even if she did know what Leon was packing, her supreme overconfidence would probably prevent her from trying rewrite his powers.

Everyone already forgot about Tenshi vs Hades, what is blud waffling about.
To be fair, it was in voting session so no big deal, i'm just slacking due of watching too much MMD on yt hence no bump spam on my threads
I'll prolly back to my daily matches spam this months but can't promise lel
@Kisaragi_Megumi if you were the expert in match making you’d be raking in comments like no tomorrow👄
Which has already happened long ago lmao

What is 4D soul manipulation??? Destroying 4 dimensional structures that are souls or something? This is the first time I heard that term.

Yeah, only Leon is usable without it being a total stomp… 🗿
He only said Belmonts. And I am aware I can use Portrait of Ruins characters but Leon is more popular.

I'm open in changing Leon for someone else really.

Also, I thought Touhou already got 4D shit. Like occult power can break the space time barrier of Gensokyo and magic comes from a place out of the normal universe.

Last edited:
Literally pick anyone on that list I made, besides spamming leon is pretty stupid when other characters exist, makes threads less boring to use

Literally pick anyone on that list I made, besides spamming leon is pretty stupid when other characters exist, makes threads less boring to use
Would any of them make enough of a difference? In terms of resistances, practically everyone has the same things. In powers and abilities, the main things to kill and negate immortalities and regeneration kinda everyone has it too.

I think the only significant change would be the range. Like Jonathan who doesn't have extremely large range in his 4A key.

So where does Touhou scale to with 2-C, because Sypha at bare minimum scales to 18 timelines, potentially much higher

So even when weakened, The Vampire Killer is one layered? Then the Belmonts normal Vampire Killer has two layers of their power?

@Theglassman12

IIRC, Two, I don't know if the Touhou guys here have changed that. But I don't think Remillia has the AP to beat her.

It’s still just one layer, the only difference is it’s power level isn’t the same. If we’d scale it to its strength via UES then the power level potency would literally scale to wherever their strength is like how soul hax is in the series.

IIRC, Two, I don't know if the Touhou guys here have changed that. But I don't think Remillia has the AP to beat her.
They scale to Doremy's danmaku, which contains a ridiculous amount of dream souls, which are each accepted to be their own 2-C structure. Which is frankly a fuckton.
the small pink things are the dream souls, not the big mentos balls

They scale to Doremy's danmaku, which contains a ridiculous amount of dream souls, which are each accepted to be their own 2-C structure.

Can I see the CRT? This is pretty big for me. This can help for possible 2-A Dream World :trollface.

So @Theglassman12 , what's Sypha thing here? I haven't played Castlevania 3. But from the Netflix series, she uses magic correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back