• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sylvester Ashling vs Catnap

Peppersalt43

They/Them
ALTERNATE TITLE: NIGHTMARES COME TO LIFE

This would make for a good time to determine whether or not some stories can be included in the saga. I really want to do this, their powersets are pretty interesting to see interact. So I'll make this for now and see how it goes
● ------------------------------------- ●
Malak watched over a confrontation in one of the mansion's many rooms, trying to find a camera setting to see through all the red smoke around. He had managed to snag Mike thanks to this new monster he had acquired, bringing him in once he had been knocked out.

"I suggest you use the infrared mode," Spooky suggested.
"I am seeing enough red, here!" Malak replied.

"Its other name is thermal imagery."
"Oh..."

Clicking the button, the camera now showed the heat outlines of the people involved which included Catnap due to his machinery. He was a unique one, Spooky just showing up one day dragging him along. After some explanations, he willingly joined along, seemingly shaken by an incident of some sort yet still stable enough to serve.

"I never got to ask this but, where did you find him?" Malak asked.
"This place used to be a laboratory before I took over. Now that I'm no longer in charge I uh... started reading some of the less important documents. I found out that they had some... collaborations. While everyone here is dead, the people in those other places aren't. I guess you can say I just uh... made some calls," Spooky explained.

2 days ago...

The lab was a mess... well, more than usual. Among the wrecked furniture, golden dust can be seen littering its wake, decaying like all the rest. And the owner was leaning over a door, scratched, bruised, and barely standing. Watching over him was a one-eyed disheveled woman and a familiar ghostly child, waiting ominously for his response.

"And you... you promise?" Sylvester asked, taking a bag from his broken desk.
"Perhaps... You're quite an interesting soul~" Spooky replied

"I was barely involved. It's just a citation to my research, why?"
"Simple really... You're still alive."

Sylvester turned to look at his approaching assailants, the one-eyed woman in particular reaching out as the world began to warp around them.

"You cannot dream without darkness. You cannot wake without pain," she said, the broken lab turning into an industrious factory line, a tinge of color... primarily red.
"Well, good luck," Spooky added, leaving Sylvester in this new place.

latest

5421429_454166_theglitchberserk_catnap-fanart.7da7a7e08d363e4a0cb84fb26eedac92.webp

VS
8ddc8fad8eb7fb4f736222a1b8cf89ea.jpg

So Sylvester just falls asleep thanks to a combination of the Red Smoke and his own Epithet, summon Beefton, then have him oneshot CatNap?

So Sylvester just falls asleep thanks to a combination of the Red Smoke and his own Epithet, summon Beefton, then have him oneshot CatNap?
Yeah that's the gist of it

Though considering the nightmares CatNap has made, it's a possibility that some of the things there may end up getting manifested. And if that doesn't work, he does have decent stealth and surface scaling to get away from Beefton

Yeah that's the gist of it

Though considering the nightmares CatNap has made, it's a possibility that some of the things there may end up getting manifested. And if that doesn't work, he does have decent stealth and surface scaling to get away from Beefton
The difference here is CatNap's stuff are hallucinations while Sylvester's stuff are real. The gold dust probably won't put CatNap to sleep due to him being unaffected by his own Red Smoke that he exhales. What does CatNap fear?

Back