• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Swampfire vs Sceptile

GyroNutz

VS Battles
Administrator
My attempt at making a fair Ben 10 vs Pokemon match.

This is base Swampfire vs base Sceptile, and speed is equalized.

Starting range is 100m

Who wins and why?

Swampfire:

Sceptile: 4

Inconclusive: 2

Mhmm. Pokemon have a pretty big AP advantage vs Ben 10 characters, so hopefully this way the gap won't be too big

Btw Swampfire downscales(?) from Diamondhead who's durability is >>> 352 megatons, but 7-A Pokemon are >>>> 531 megatons so they still have the advantage by a decent margin

Also, i think that Swampfire scales to Kevin, who scales to Chromastone, who can hurt Vilgax, who can break Diamondhead's Crystals... Yeah, Swampfire scales to Diamondhead

Ok, i have finished Sceptile's profile so now i can input things here

First of, i think it is safe to say that Swampfire has only 3 advantages here(thoug they are really big advantages) that is his Fire Manipulation, lifting strenght and his Low-High Regenerationn.

Versatility, range, speed(via amps and priority), AP, even his Sleep Powers are stronger. That incial range really give Sceptile a good start advantage, since most of his moves can easily hit Swampfire from that distance, but Swampfire can easily survive those hits and reach Sceptile, and i think that Sceptile may have the edge in CQC, which would problaby make Swampfire use more of his range moves and Sleep Powers, but only his Fire Manipulation would really hurt Sceptile. Sceptile may have not a Regen, but Synthesis, Leech Seed and Grassy Terrain will make him last more. Sceptile can also amp his Speed to easily blitz and evade incoming attacks from Swampfire, and also reduce his defenses via Leer and Screech. While his evasion is reduced, after Sceptile is below 25% of health, he will evade Swampfire's moves more easily before healing, and if he tries to use a tactical retreat, Sceptile can use Pursuit to punish that.

But, here is the thing, i don't think that Sceptile have ways to bypass Swampfire's Regen, even with Swampfire's defenses low, in Grassy Terrain, with Leaf Blade or Bullet Seed landing a critical hit, i don't think it will be enough to bypass that.

I will go with Incon, Sceptile have no ways to bypass that and after Sceptile amps his speed, Swampfire will barely even touch him after the speed amps and it will be even more difficult if Sceptile is really low on health. With Leech Seed, Synthesis and Grassy Terrain, Sceptile will problaby not get tired from this battle

Send me a message to my wall when you resolve to use Glaceon, that Profile is not good to be used as a reference

Blaziken's probably too strong to go up against Ben 10 characters cause of Speed Boost.

None of Glaceon's moves are explained + its missing egg moves, IQ skills and other stuff.

Also velox, vote pls

In comparition to others, the Moves are lacking so much, but the abilities are fine for our standarts

Veloxt1r0kore said:
Oh shie-
Incon FRA.

@Gyro

As for Abilities section?
Thanks

Yeah it is, it's missing Attack Reflection (Mirror Coat), Weather Manipulation (Via Hail) and Resistance to Absolute Zero (cause Ice Type), probably a couple of others. Far from the worst Pokemon profile I've seen though

Question. How exactly does Sceptile put down Swampfire at all? He does have an AP advantage, but Swampfire can regenerate from anything Sceptile throws his way and watch him burn while waiting. I fail to understand how Sceptile can hurt Swampfire, while I do think Swampfire can play the waiting game and win.

Edge towards Swampfire, but I'll wait a bit until voting.

Sceptile has permenant speed amps + evasion amps making it hard for Swampfire to put it down, plus sleep manip.

@Gyro i fixed that long time ago mate

@Xtas

Sceptile can Amp his speed, reduce Swampfire's defense and have 3 forms of healing

Cool, but that does not do damage to Swampfire at all.

Reducing Swampfire's defense? Yeah alright, nice gameplay mechanic.

Stats reduction isn't gameplay mechanics, it happens in the anime too

Thing is, Sceptile can amp his speed and passivily amp his evasion, Swampfire will likely miss most of his attacks

There's one thing Sceptile has that can put Swampfire down. It can nullify passive abilities such as Regenerationn with Worry Seed, replacing it with Insomnia.

The real cal howard said:
There's one thing Sceptile has that can put Swampfire down. It can nullify passive abilities such as Regenerationn with Worry Seed, replacing it with Insomnia.
But Regen is considered an ability without verse equalization?

Back