• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's one manifestation of Madoka while Swamp Thing can manifestate as many times as he wants as long as the Green itself isn't destroyed or what makes this worse for Homura, even if his connection to it is severed.

Homura never destroyed the Law of Cycles.

Therefore we can't say she destroys the Green.

Therefore Swamp Thing outlasts and overwhelms with numbers as she'll lack proper means of finishing him off fast to compensate for his overall superior numbers and ridiculously high defensive power. It's that simple.

Code:
while Swamp Thing can manifestate from whatever plant life as the metaphysical Green is there and his powers seem to work even if his connection to the green is entirely cut,
</div> If the connection to the green is cut how can his powers work?

There are actually multiple m-bodies throughout the multiverse. Madoka manifests in any place where there is magical girl that is becoming a witch.

Destroyed no, manipulated yes

Well technically she can power drain enough times that not only does she replenish herself, she grows stronger to the point that he can no longer damage her.

Also where do you get the "even if the connection is cut" thing from?

The Law of Cycles? Not at all.

She went and either split the Human/Madoka part of it but the Law of Cycles itself was perfectly there otherwise she wouldn't be running the risk of Madoka coming back near the end movie.

This was debated waaaaay back in the very first Homura vs Asriel thread where I was actually going for Homura.

And actually no, Homura Memory Haxxed the Main Madoka avatar.

If she could Memory Hax that across the Multiverse she would have caught Madoka before she even entered that place to rescue her (though to be fair at this point she wasn't 2-A yet). Same thing happened near the end for her 2-A form, as she ran to Madoka who was recovering and stopped her from going Goddess mode again with the hax.

Same would happen here with the Green except that it would be manifestating from every Plant lifeform at once even if Homura tries to sever the connection.

@J-Man it does? Or does it have several incarnations across several multiverses?

Does it? I know I tend to word my statements as questions.

But in this case, I'm actually asking since I think that's the case if my info was correct.

Because if it does then that's above Homura's paygrade.

Also Homura won't be power draining anyone that easily when she's being overwhelmed by far superior defensive options and an opponent who cancels out a good number of her hax and can also duplicate as many times as he wants to.

I actually think ST might Mid-Diff at best.

During that Kharn vs Swamp Thing thread, Matt said that the green is 2-A, so it should be a single multiverse

The thing is that this is why Homura never having destroyed the Law of Cycles is important.

As long as the Green exists or even if all of its traces have been extinguished or even if the avatar loses all of its powers, he can still come back or manifestate from any plant life wherever, whenever.

Coupling that with his Duplication stuff, the absurd Regen and what I said above I don't see Homura winning in a battle of attrition here which is definitely what this will become from where I stand.

>"How does he do it? Simply put, Swamp-Thing will regenerate as long as The Green exists. So unless you can erase a metaphysical realm connected to all reality, and that was completely unaffected by the destruction of the infinite Pre-Crisis Multiverse, and has even been shown to be connected to other Multiverses (Lucifer's Multiverse in the Vertigo Series), good luck killing Swamp Thing."

>other multiverse

Am I being japed ?

FateAlbane said:
Also Homura won't be power draining anyone that easily when she's being overwhelmed by far superior defensive options and an opponent who cancels out a good number of her hax and can also duplicate as many times as he wants to.

I actually think ST might Mid-Diff at best.
How exactly can swamp kill her?he can create clones..sure but what about offense? And she can totaly drain him through his clones/avatars he can create more but homura will still get his abilities aftet all

Wha...? No, she won't, she didn't get Madoka's Abilities, otherwise Madoka wouldn't be going full Law of Cycles mode again.

Either way, Homura is not defense oriented, lacks regen and Swamp has conceptual manip of his own while also being the manifestation of a metaphysical being so I'm assuming here he can actually hit her, therefore he needs simply outlast Homura in a battle of attrition.

She can't outright power drain them one after another while the other duplicates stand there thinking about life. She'll be overwhelmed (and looking at the profiles their other hax either cancels each other out or Swamp resists so this turns into attrition battle where simply Regen and Duplication plus above lets me draw the winner).

Kaltias said:
That quote above was also from Matt.

Either way as long as we know it's comparable to the Law of Cycles is already enough as Homura could not entirely nullify/drain/destroy that aspect of Madoka as we see at the end of the Rebellion movie and Swamp can manifestate from whatever even if depowered either way.

FateAlbane said:
Wha...? No, she won't, she didn't get Madoka's Abilities, otherwise Madoka wouldn't be going full Law of Cycles mode again.

Either way, Homura is not defense oriented, lacks regen and Swamp has conceptual manip of his own while also being the manifestation of a metaphysical being so I'm assuming here he can actually hit her, therefore he needs simply outlast Homura in a battle of attrition.

She can't outright power drain them one after another while the other duplicates stand there thinking about life. She'll be overwhelmed (and looking at the profiles their other hax either cancels each other out or Swamp resists so this turns into attrition battle where simply Regen and Duplication plus above lets me draw the winner).
Onlyhigh 2-A swamp thing has conceptual manipulation ....his 2-A abilities can not really harm homura! While she still has her own conceptual manip

Swamp doesn't have conceptual manipulation at 2-A, only at High 2-A. He should be able to damage her anyway though

My mistake. But I don't remember anything about needing conceptual manip to hit Homura either way (lest she would be the one stomping Lavos).

Also "Homura wins via concept manip!" holds as much ground as me saying "Swamp Thing wins via Reality Warping!" here.

I mean, her conceptual manipulation has a feat of working on a 2-A so it's a legit argument. Swamp Thing would come back even from a conceptual erasure though, so it doesn't really matter

Either way, I debated all I had to and feel like I gave more than enough reasons to back up my side.

My vote remains unchanged and it's for the Swamp Thing.

Peace out.

I still think swampy is just a giant sield...according to his profile none of his abilities can affect homura...thats why i think drain will get homura out of the mess...

@Kaltias I'm usually scared of debating Puela seriously since SD dragged me to two PMMM threads I have PTSD about to this day. ovo

One of them along with him for Homura against Asriel (not the added one, the very first one).

The other... The Madoka one. brrrr

Both are still alive in my memories Homura pls memory hax that away from me.

Homura vs Asriel is Lavos vs 682 except that it actually reached a conclusion. Remade like 5 times

@Starry I dunno, just wanted to justify my own vote and prevent the thread from going Memorygg as that has been a trend of sorts for a while now. Other than that, que sera sera.

In b4 people vote swamp so the spam ends. ovo

Since it is late i will also conclude:due to swamp thing's inability of killing homura(at least depending on profiles) i vote for homura as he can drain him until she is able to destroy him(drain through his clones)and yea i dont see how duplication matters ... they can not harm homura..she is acausal and he can get past that...high 2-A is anither story!

Iam out ....good night to all of you :p

Chaospaladin15 said:
Since it is late i will also conclude:due to swamp thing's inability of killing homura(at least depending on profiles) i vote for homura as he can drain him until she is able to destroy him(drain through his clones)and yea i dont see how duplication matters ... they can not harm homura..she is acausal and he can get past that...high 2-A is anither story!
Iam out ....good night to all of you :p
The bolded part actually nullifies this whole reasoning as it's founded upon the idea that ST can't possibly kill nor harm Homura which is fundamentally incorrect.

To be fair she does have a decent acausality. Not unkillable Zeed/Lavos style, but it would probably help a bit. And she does have the speed advantage too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back