• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@J-Man The power drain argument relies more on the Classic version of Swamp Thing and that was changed back to PF.

Cutting the connection we already argued so much up there that the two sides agreed to disagree and we dropped the subject entirely as both seemed to have reasonable arguments on that one.

Basically ST side thinks he deals with it, Homu side thinks he doesn't.

Therefore our current situation based on all that debating over there in a ridiculously summarized nutshell.

TheJ-ManRequiem said:
Can she cut the connection? Thought she couldn't? Or at least not quick enough .
Am I being japed again.
LoC
I mean, i'll let you decide

It's not just a resistance, it's an immunity. And it says "Time Manipulation" and I have to assume stopping time constitutes as manipulating it.

Didn't Matt say that Swamp Thing isn't immeasurable so he can't resist it? And than didn't SD asked doesn't existing in a time loop give you time paradox immunity and not time manipulation. Than it seemed like everybody just ignored this.

Said broken off part borderline let herself be broken due to PIS and CIS as I see it.

Plus the Law of Cycles was there.

Madoka would return to being full power if not for being Memory Haxxed.

Neither of us can prove the interpretation of the other as entirely wrong on this aspect.

Thus we agree to disagree and let others decide.

Starryknight200 said:
So... um... it appears as though PF Swamp Thing doesn't have immunity to Time Manipulation. Classic does.
Wait so time stop does work... Voting Homura via power drain within time stop.

@Peter 2-A Homura doesn't start with Time Stop nor anything time related.

That equals saying Reinhard will throw the spear sooner than the match happens. Read my above reply.

FateAlbane said:
Neither of us can prove the interpretation of the other as entirely wrong on this aspect.

Thus we agree to disagree and let others decide.
^ This

FateAlbane said:
@Peter 2-A Homura doesn't start with Time Stop nor anything time related.

That equals saying Reinhard will throw the spear sooner than the match happens. Read my above reply.
But was there anything that said she wouldn't do it Mid battle when she's having a hard time? Or does Swamp Thing Stop her from doing it when in battle?

She never time stopped and power drained anyone within Time Stop either so that kinda falls on the same speculative territory as "BM Yukari can do whatever with her listed Boundaries", to a degree.

To be fair she did abused time stop quite a lot as a magical girl so it isn't that OOC. But it isn't "do it immediately at the start" territory as Akuma Homura

DMUA, the vote count was reset so you'd have to vote again for yours to count.

Will you still vote Swamp Thing based on the reasons presented for him (mostly by me, Lephyr and others like J-Man or Gargoyle) or will you change your mind?

You did at times. You also brought me back to the debate when I was too lazy.

Alf was also making good points. I just can't name everyone because lazy.

Knowing Homura, she probably would time stop if Swamp Thing duplicates himself due to the fight getting chaotic. Given Homura's insane amount of time stop, I'm pretty sure she can beat them quite easily from that alone.

Also, just a reminder, but when Homura drained Madoka, she didn't have her shield, that's why she didn't stop time.

Not that it matters anymore but i will also vote for homura.....as kaltias pointed out reality warp may indeed damage her...however homura has her own reality warp so they she can just keep the effect nullified....other than that his abilites are useless offensively exactly because they are tied to the natural enviroment..weather,plant and elemmental manipulation can not harm homura the same goes for poison manip...

yea he can stall with his regen and clones however homura's drain can be used to any of his clones that homura can juse memory manip on...also a serious question...if homura uses memory manip to swamp thing right at the begging how will he be able to produce other clones ?...he will just forget how to do thing like that on the process..

thats my point of view and i know that the other side has fair arguments as well ...

Problem with RW is that it can literally mimic any other power, so you need feats with it more than you do with any other power to define the limits.

Like, a good enough reality warper can say to Swamp Thing "You know what. You can't regen anymore" and it works. Homura can't obviously, it was an example

well i may not like that homura is starting to lose games but at least the thread numbers may go down....or people will just try to make her geet a loss streak of 10..

>well i may not like that homura is starting to lose games but at least the thread numbers may go down....or people will just try to make her geet a loss streak of 10..

What? she literally has no loss from her profile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back