• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Starryknight200 said:
OhheyanotherHomuramatchuphowaboutthat

Green Absorbed Swamp Thing without the World Tree vs Akuma Homura (Both 2-A)

Win via KO, incapacitation, or death. SPEED EQUALIZED

I'd say this thread is a lot like Chara Vs Khorne everyone was leading towards one character then a mod came in a changed it around

It's more like Dragon Ball, one started winning easily, the other powered up the other started winning again then it looked like they might both go down then the other started winning, etc...

It was like one of the most unanimous threads I ever saw.

Then the fire natio Matt attacked commented

Funnily enough, this is the one time I ever debated against Matt during my entire time here. We usually agree on most stuff.

Either way, what happens if we get to 500 hundred replies here?

Thread ends and that's it or what?

We're past 450 already.

I like how this started off as everyone complaining about Homura having too many matchups. While there was no shortage of people doing that following the initial dozens of posts, it turned into an actual, quite lengthy discussion. What a f**king jounrey this has been.

At least now I will not have to hear "she needs a loss" anymore ovo

But yeah, ended up being a pretty good thread

Hold up, while in the past I understood why Homura loses, given recent developments I find it hard to believe.

ST via regen and Duplication is your reasoning, right Fate?

Well given ST has no resistance to time stop, whats stopping Homura from using time stop, realizing she can't beat him via sheer power alone, and then using power drain? (Remember how I mentioned it lasts long enough to stand the multiverse, so it should easily count as an incap)

@SD Part of what/as I see it, she goes down before that but I'm not summarizing a reasoning I made and debated for over 400 replies, thus my position remains unchanged.

And I guarantee that I've argued this more than enough for my reasoning to be legit.

You want to think Homura wins, go ahead.

I stand by the points I defended.

Like, the same way I admit the opposition has made its fair points and can't 100% say they're wrong, I do believe I made fair points on my end as well. Thus I'm staying with them.

Then can you at least point where you explained that reasoning?

Also, am I the only one finding it interesting that the new voters found your reasoning in the midst of 450 posts? Dedication I guess, can you guys point out where it is

When there are a bunch of posts of mine above and I've been debating it to this point as people are making the most of this GP?

Eeeeh, pretty sure they are.

Plus there's no rule stating someone can't vote for X's reasons as long as they aren't debunked.

If you switch, we will have to make another thread (considering this one is in the 470 reply range)

And...well KEK if you have to do that

ALRF said:
If you switch, we will have to make another thread (considering this one is in the 470 reply range)
And...well KEK if you have to do that

Yes I'm aware of the consequences if I were to create another thread.

FateAlbane said:
@Starry For the love of God leave the thread as is with PF now, whatever happens. If you changed it now we would have the vote count reset again and then this gets to ten thousand replies and I'll actually ask for a ban as long as the thread is still going just to make sure I don't reply again if that happens.

Ok, then I'll have to try to debunk it (Try being keyword)

The likelihood of Homura, a notorious time stop spammer, not spamming time stop is unlikely. She couldn't start it off with time stop with Madoka in the middle of power drain because she didn't have her shield, so that argument doesn't quite work. Additionally, both are baseline 2-A, and given how Homura can't be killed conventionally, shouldn't it take some more time to kill her, even with duplication? Wait, how does he kill her to begin with? She lacks a soul gem remember?

And Fate doesn't have to be the one who answers this.

Am I the only one not getting Notifications here? I only saw this through wiki activity. Gimme a sec, I'll get two scans on this.

SomebodyData said:
Ok, then I'll have to try to debunk it (Try being keyword)
The likelihood of Homura, a notorious time stop spammer, not spamming time stop is unlikely. She couldn't start it off with time stop with Madoka in the middle of power drain because she didn't have her shield, so that argument doesn't quite work. Additionally, both are baseline 2-A, and given how Homura can't be killed conventionally, shouldn't it take some more time to kill her, even with duplication? Wait, how does he kill her to begin with? She lacks a soul gem remember?

And Fate doesn't have to be the one who answers this.
First part: I already said it and debated it a lot: Time stop will not be used out of nowhere that soon for 2-A Homura. It's OOC. Same reason why we can't have any characters using absolute trump cards from the get go in character still looking at Reinhard when their character shows otherwise or why an in-character Gil won't use his strongest NPs as soon as he should and may lose.

As I see it, Swamp Thing takes it. I won't stop anyone from voting otherwise but my reasoning isn't wrong to the point of being "yeah, debunked, doesn't count". And this was switched back to Post-FP, the one who has the feat of fighting depowered. Part of that reasoning of why she didn't time stop also falls under speculation, it's the same reason why we can't prove each other 100% wrong and agreed to disagree.

If Swamp Thing had 0 scenarios where he wins or something this would simply be a stomp. As for killing her, when he can harm and kill this kind of being with punches and his plants I'm pretty sure he can harm and kill Homura in the same manner as she isn't even as defensive as Madoka by a long shot.
Kills Time-Gremlins
Darkness Beyond Eternity

Kaltias said:
To be fair she did abused time stop quite a lot as a magical girl so it isn't that OOC. But it isn't "do it immediately at the start" territory as Akuma Homura
^ Just leaving this here for the OOC thing. Akuma Homura hasn't appeared on screen all that much after all

I already agreed to that line of reasoning you gave, Kaltias, and can't prove it 100% wrong. Didn't put anything entirely out of the table.

Just not to the point of agreeing with "she'll spam time stop before Swamp Thing has chances to win/without leaving him chances to win so your reasoning is debunked".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back