• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

QuasiYuri

They/Them
VS Battles
Retired
What the title says.

Basically, I think that "Supernatural Bad Luck" should be included on the page because of still being a kind of Luck.

Idk why some powers only focus on the positive aspect on a power (despite the best technically being featuring both sides), but this page does it, while Luck in itself is a pretty neutral thing (Luck definitions: "success or failure apparently brought by chance rather than through one's own actions" or "something regarded as bringing about or portending good or bad things.").

It's not like we don't acknowledge it as a power either, since some characters have it in their power as Probability Manipulation (despite Supernatural Luck kinda be made to separate Luck from Probability), with some cases having it as their sole power.

As such, the Supernatural Luck page should have a part about Bad Luck/nuance it to have a more "neutral" despiction of Luck; and the characters with Probability Manipulation or suchlike for their Bad Luck should just have "Supernatural Bad Luck" (linking to SL page) on their profile.

It wouldn't change anything for the characters who already have it, so it doesn't concern enough profile to be called a "site-wide revision"; and it would make the power more indexing than just focused on one side of the power.

That said, what's your opinion about it?

It makes sense, being constantly set on fire against your will does give you Fire Manipulation.

I would include an obvious weakness to the Powers and abilities section, as this is something that obviously belongs on the weaknesses part of a page. However, I don't mind updating the page.

I mean, it's an ability, and while it's usually negative it can have positive effects, such as also harming those around the character, or preventing the character from dying so their life stays miserable.

I suppose that this seems like a harmless enough addition.

It would be both on P&A and weaknesses yup (that's basically what we already do for it and some others powers).

Some bad luck can also be used to someone's advantage just like how a luck can go against what its user went, so it would still work as a usable power in some cases.

Well, this can probably be applied then.

Here's my proposal of rewording:

"While many characters can be described as lucky or unlucky, some have their luck pushed to extreme, supernatural extent. At the level of Supernatural Luck, one's good or bad fortune can be compared to passive Probability Manipulation, often overlapping for some characters, as they are followed by fortune in everything they do and everywhere they go, to the point that impossible coincidences line up again and again in or against their favor. Being lucky or unlucky in itself is not enough to have this ability - a character's exceptional luck must be a real ability or supernatural aspect of them."

Please do.

I'll also update some characters who should have Supernatural Bad Luck and add some as examples on the power page if nobody mind.

Okay. That is fine. Tell me here when you are done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back