• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Supernatural: Death Downgrade

Firstly, 30-40 million, second not the point, the point was his smite was upgraded, as i proved.

Details are in the episode "The Man who Would be King".

So Hax is generally preportionate to strength in the verse.

Fhfhghghg said:
Firstly, 30-40 million, second not the point, the point was his smite was upgraded.
Souls only give a raw boost in power. They are only source of energy (like nuclear reactors was it?).

It was noted as a reactor, however the exact amount of power in a soul is noted to be 100 suns or supernovas, depending on interpretation.

I know, i was using that to prove that Hax=Raw Power (on most occasions), he couldn't Smite raph with 50k, and he could with 30-40 M.

The only one who gained immunity to smiting due to powers instead of power was Demon Blood Sam.

Fhfhghghg said:
It was noted as a reactor, however the exact amount of power in a soul is noted to be 100 suns or supernovas, depending on interpretation.

I know, i was using that to prove that Hax=Raw Power.
I said that his smite didng get upgraded as in it was a different version. Its the same techniqur only now working on stronger people.

I'm going to Try prove it's sheer power from evidence in the show rather than a Hax ability:

Crowley - "Cant Blame A Girl" S7E1 - YouTube - This scene pretty much proves Power=Hax Resistance, also, Sam and Dean have no idea of how to take him down, even though they know of the Colt, which hurt Lucifer, and other vastly powerful weapons. Castiel also became immune to weapons, Angel blades for instance, they also though the same about Death in season 5.

Crowley says in a later scene : "Bind, enslave Death. You having a laugh". "Lucifer Did it". "That's Lucifer". "A spell's a spell". You really believe you can handle that kind of Horsepower. You're delusional". So yeah, it'd take vast power to bind Death.

Death also laughed off Castiel when he said he'd "Take him out first".

Now Death was bound by a spell that the weaker God Castiel could break, so he might not have the exact level of hax=power, however, specific spells work on specific beings better, so take that with a grain of salt, another likely explaination is that it had fulgurite, which is lightning after striking sand, which they refer to as "an act of god crystalised forever", so it likely is just more effective against Death rather than anything else, as god was the guy who bound him before.

Also, as i said Castiel couldn't smite beings stronger than him, and Reapers haven't Reaped beings with Superior power, and have never reaped a non human/non primordial monster character, in fact, when Angels and Demons die, they just go to the empty, overseen by a Cosmic Entity.

It should also be noted that high level Demons are immune to Angel smiting, Alastair, The 4 Princes of Hell, Cain, Lilith , etc, and Archangels are immune to Angels in general, and this is due to sheer power, as shown when Sam smites Lilith, Castiel smites Raphiel, Raphiel makes Crowley immune to smiting, Jack empowering Castiel allows him to Smite Dagon one of the princess of Hell, which he couldn't do before, and more.

Ok, so inconclusion, Death killing God is likely sheer power and not hax, he also said he'd do it at the end of time, so the circumstances are unknown, however, it's safe to say he's God Level, power=Durability in the verse, and Death has been shown and implied to be durable in the past.

At least at least Moon Level - Small Planet Level due to having more power than God Castiel.

Should one of us inform them?

How do you feel with the downgrade Gargoyle? personally, i don't agree.

EDIT: Matt has been informed.

If you are much weaker than your opponent than smiting / reaping powers won't work on who you are fighting in Supernatural. Is why Lucifer smiting Angels is such a big deal. Angels can't smite each other.

If Billie is the new Death but with a different personality than the original Death, does that count as the original Death in a new body or a different one with the same role/powers? Idk if Billie has the exact same personality as Death imo (I stopped watching at Season 12 so my knowledge is lacking here).

Billie was a former Reaper who became Death because she was the earliest Reaper to die after Death died. She's Death, but a completley different being.

Back