• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Supernatural Abilities in Real World Settings

Hl3 or bust said:
You aren't exactly convincing anyone by refusing to deal with my points either. Glass houses, amiright?
I don't either, but you were the who kept it going from my example that wasn't even remotely intended to be a big thing. My overall point was that you ignore the fact that wiki standards exist in order reign in fictional """"""logic"""""", because otherwise it would be absolute chaos.
Alright then, allow me to be upfront?

What do you want to be done here? What is the porpuse of this thread?

Calling an ability supernatural means literally nothing. It doesn't change how it's used in fights, and it doesn't change how it is resisted.

Are you arguing that because it's supernatural by our standard, resisting Izuku talking people into becoming psychpaths is the same as resisting Itachi mindcontrolling you to kill somone?

...Huh?

I asked you... what you want to happen with this crt. What will change, if its implemented according to what you believe should happen.

Soul stealing and soul attacks are more differences in outcome than differences in mechanic, so I doubt I'm saying that. Do I have to prove that tearing someone to pieces with biological manipulation is different from tearing someone to pieces with deconstruction? The function is the same, only difference is how it's done, but that doesn't matter apparently

Preciesly HI3, that is already a thing. People who do know the difference in results have already implemented the difference between "soul attacks" and "soul stealing" in their resistances.

@Rocker

Kek. People say that, at least once in their life.

For things that are natural here but completely over blown in a verse, it really depends on how much/high it's over blown.

It is completely acceptable if it requires prep/conditions, as with social influencing (someone willing to listen but depends on their personality/intelligence) or with hypnosis (someone in the mood to pay attention, but with this some people are naturally resistant because of their difficulty to go into a trance or receive help in doing so).

These types of over blown abilities that don't produce immediate effects are fine. And by that I mean, someone with social influencing can't say 'die' and instantly kill their foe they've met for the first time. But as for what BS happens after they sweet talk you, no need to think too deply about it.

This also applies to hypnosis, but then again, hypnosis is making the conscious mind take less of an active role in decision making and new information. Not sure what would happen if you literally communicate with someone's subconscious while they aren't in a trance. Someone will have to actually post some scientific theory on this.

Subliminal messaging is like 90% bunk and rarely does much

Also, @Sir Ovens: Given that you still seem to be active in content revision threads, would you be willing to get back your discussion moderator position? I would appreciate the help.

Back