• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Superman vs Frieza (GRACE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dunno if spamming death beams is nesscarily in character against an oppoent who would be able to consistently avoid them; but the better AP, energy projection, and combat skill give him a solid win condition. Considering this Superman also carries the risk of a pure sundip turning him into pure energy he's unlikely to do that in-character unless really pushed.

So Frieza probably wins in most scenarios. So I'll vote for him, even if I disagree with the scenario CB laid out.

Qawsedf234 said:
Dunno if spamming death beams is nesscarily in character against an oppoent who would be able to consistently avoid them
Frieza's first offensive action against Goku was spamming Death Beam, IIRC, and he only stopped when he realised Goku was deflecting all of them.

CryoTheMayo said:
Qawsedf234 said:
Dunno if spamming death beams is nesscarily in character against an oppoent who would be able to consistently avoid them
Frieza's first offensive action against Goku was spamming Death Beam, IIRC, and he only stopped when he realised Goku was deflecting all of them.
That was actually his second, technically third attack, his first was a tail swipe while Goku was talking, but Goku avoided it and kicked him in the face. But I think that was more so Frieza attempting to either test Goku or play with him, or he might have just wanted to get a surprise attack in. After that, Frieza started with one blast that Goku easily deflected, was annoyed, then followed up by spamming them, there were at least several dozens if not hundreds of them. Eventually Goku deflected one into the ground, causing smoke to cover him, a few more entered the smoke but weren't deflected, which was when Frieza stopped, and had a smirk, probably thinking he had already beat Goku. I know there was no need to describe the scene in so much detail, but why not.

Well, that kinda proves that Frieza would spam Death Beams more. Even after Goku deflected and dodged his attacks, he still ended up doing a barrage.

So, even if Superman dodges his first few lasers, Frieza will probably opt to just spam.

CryoTheMayo said:
Well, that kinda proves that Frieza would spam Death Beams more. Even after Goku deflected and dodged his attacks, he still ended up doing a barrage.
So, even if Superman dodges his first few lasers, Frieza will probably opt to just spam.
I know, I wasn't trying to prove you wrong, I was just describing what actually happened.

So that's what I mean. If they're the same speed and it's at a similar distance I don't see why Superman couldn't just replicate dodging them all. It takes far less time to dodge a beam than it does for the beam to cover the distance.

Considering Frieza attempted Death Beam after his physical attacks failed, and numerous (dubious canon) sources claim the Death Beam is incredibly fast, I think an argument can be made that his Death Beams scale above his base speed.

Regardless of the case, if Frieza spams Death Beam at a close enough range, Superman is very unlikely to dodge all of them due to the speed and quantity of lasers that Frieza can output. IIRC he wasn't even that far from Goku when he started spamming in the first place, so that wouldn't be OOC for him.

Goku was visibly FASTER than the death beams when he deflected them all, so I'm very hesitant to say Superman can at all replicate it. You try dodging balls thrown at you at roughly your running speed and you're going to get completely WRECKED even though I can SEE said balls before I ever get hit.

Superman has very fast acceleration in this universe. Getting to top speed isn't an issue, which is why I don't think a death beam barrage amounts to much unless Frieza closes the distance, where he's more likely to try physical attacks or other ki moves anyways

Qawsedf234 said:
Superman has very fast acceleration in this universe. Getting to top speed isn't an issue, which is why I don't think a death beam barrage amounts to much unless Frieza closes the distance, where he's more likely to try physical attacks or other ki moves anyways
Are you voting for Clark?

Qawsedf234 said:
IIRC DB characters are treated as having far faster combat speed than travel speed, so I don't think Superman having fast acceleration helps him against Frieza's own speed in a speed equalised match.

Qawsedf234 said:
Uhhh... Speed is Equalized...? Why would Superman have superior Acceleration to Freeza or something? Again, trying to dodge objects thrown at you at your own running speed would mean you'll get hit. It's very, VERY hard to dodge a barrage of attacks like that unless you're plain faster.

By fast acceleration I mean that he can reach his top speed quickly enough to avoid the death beams unless Frieza fires them really close. It wasn't an argument for Superman being faster, but a counter argument for that ball dodge analogy that you brought up.

Oh hey this can be added now. Not everyday you actually complete a vs thread that doesn't use Wall level Clark.

Can someone open up Frieza's profile?

I believe for locked profiles you must request them at this thread. Make sure to follow guidelines, if confused just look at how others are posting their threads and links.

CryoTheMayo said:
Also, it has to be remembered that not only is Frieza an especially durable DB character, but in DB your AP scales all of your other stats. This means Frieza's durability matches his AP, meaning Superman's attacks are 1.5x less effective on a already high-endurance character.
I'm not debating the overall outcome, but just came to say, SSJ 3rd Grade disagrees with that assessment. It's at the very least a precedent of not every stat scaling to AP.

PeaceOnTheRise said:
I'm not debating the overall outcome, but just came to say, SSJ 3rd Grade disagrees with that assessment. It's at the very least a precedent of not every stat scaling to AP.
That's a result of the muscular mass slowing down the user. If anything, that supports my claim that a user's power can have 'stat modifiers' dependent on their body and species. This is even shown in Dyspo, with his Light Bullet only modifying his speed and nothing else.

Oh, right forgot to tell you guys but both of the profiles had this match added

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back