• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Superman (Original) rename

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amelia_Lonelyheart

Luckiest Lady in the Land
She/Her
VS Battles
Retired
Hopefully quick thread since this shouldn't be a big deal. "Superman (Original)" needs to be renamed. First of all, it's not even the "original' Superman, that honor would go to Bill Dunn, the first character Siegel and Shuster who went by Superman. Secondly, I feel that it misrepresents golden age DC, since Kal existed in a shared universe with dozens of other heroes, even back then.

That said, I dunno what to replace it with. "Golden Age" is the most obvious answer, but also isn't really accurate either. DC revived the Golden Age universe in the 70s and incoporated acquired characters into it, such as the Blackhawks and Plastic Man, and thus these are neither the original nor golden age versions of these characters, so that's not valid if we would to have a consistent naming scheme for that section of the verse. Ergo I suggest either "Golden Age Universe" or "Earth-Two" (the in-universe name) instead.

Earth 2 for Golden Age and Earth 1 for Pre crisis should be the ideal naming convention ngl.

Comic book names are shit tier
Honestly yeah, p much the only places that still use Pre/Post Crisis namig schemes are versus debating forums, and theyre not super accurate to how the characters and world were represented in the actual comics

Isn't the moniker of Earth 1 or 2, etc used across eras? For example earth 2 pre crisis or earth 2 post crisis.

There's only two noteworthy Earth 2s, the Pre-Crisis one and Post Flashpoint one. Ig we can use "Superman (Pre-Crisis: Earth Two) or smth

I don’t think that’s really necessary, and iirc the Post-Flashpoint version is known as “Earth 2” instead of “Earth-Two”, so their names are distinct enough.

Might be a bit confusing to a new user at first, but as long as the page summary specifies, we should be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back