• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Superman EE resistance question

Confluctor

VS Battles
Retired
Superman Post Crisis profile says: Existence Erasure (Can withstand Darkseid's Omega Beams)

Now, I have seen many of his fights against Darkseid and he has tanked Omega Beams... But Darkseid's Omega Beams don't ALWAYS erase people from Existence, just sometimes. And recalling those fights, I don't remember Darkseid using his EE against him. Tanking simple Omega Beam shouldn't = to EE resistance.

Unless I missed something, so my question now is... Does anyone have a scan of Superman specifically resisting EE Omega Beam and not just a normal beam?

Because if we treat every OB = EE, then quite A LOT of characters should get resistance to EE.

I think It would make sense for darkseid to want to erase superman, but that would apply to 99% of those that oppose him so it makes sense.

He still survived myxz erasure, which is on reality warping for no reason.

I think It would make sense for darkseid to want to erase superman, but that would apply to 99% of those that oppose him so it makes sense.

He still survived myxz erasure, which is on reality warping for no reason.
Scan?

Also they should just replace the justification with that.

Here's the Mxy stuff. I'm pretty sure it's already used on the page as a resistance to reality warping or something.

Anyways, yeah Omega Beams don't always need to be for existence erasure, they can be used for teleporting or a billion other things. But, those are usually when he's just trying to avoid a fight, when he actually wants to destroy something, it's existence erasure (Jack Kirby's Fourth World #5). When Superman tanked the Omega Beams in Adventures of Superman #595, he wanted Superman to die, so it's not like Superman was resisting one of Omega Beams' other abilities.

Edit: Oh apparently an alt Universe Darkseid said he uses different beams like finder beams for the other uses (JLA #14), so there's that I guess.

Last edited:
Anyways, yeah Omega Beams don't always need to be for existence erasure, they can be used for teleporting or a billion other things. But, those are usually when he's just trying to avoid a fight, when he actually wants to destroy something, it's existence erasure (Jack Kirby's Fourth World #5). When Superman tanked the Omega Beams in Adventures of Superman #595, he wanted Superman to die, so it's not like Superman was resisting one of Omega Beams' other abilities
Someone should add that to Superman's profile.

Thanks btw.

He without mr mxyzptlk EE and has survived anti monitor AM:EE and I remember a comic darkseid specifically stated he will remove superman from existence and superman could survive it.
And I think superman has EE against time trapper. Don't remember well.

Back