• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Superalloy Darkshine Acid Resistance

I believe Superalloy Darkshine should have Resistance to Acid since he received relatively minor injuries from Vomited Fuhrer Ugly's acid whereas other things that were hit with the acid completely melted almost immediately.

When VFU gets his acid on stuff (Black S, Zanbai, Atomic & Nichirin's swords, etc) the acid basically immediately eats straight through the subject. This includes Atomic Samurai's "At least 7-B" sword.

But when Darkshine got his hands covered in acid and his chest spit on, the acid didn't completely melt away the effected areas, even after a decent amount of time.
And it is briefly shown even later that the damage wasn't that deep.
Golden S said that the damage Darkshine received from the acid was "meager" as well.

Darkshine does say that his muscles are still melting (shown in 2nd link) or more accurately, that "their shine" is melting, so it might just be affecting him at a slower rate after the first contact.

What does everyone else think?

I agree aswell, but it should be "Limited Resistance to Acid Manipulation", since he still took damage from it
Yeah, this would be Limited Resistance.
He still resisted it. He does not have immunity, he just has resistance. Limited resistance doens't make sense in this case.

On the Resistance page on the Wiki, it says this:

Resistance is the power to withstand the effects of certain abilities through varying means. The highest degree of resistance is outright Immunity, supposedly making the user in question completely unaffected by such abilities.

This clearly not being effected by something as much as other characters, while not having 100% immunity, would still warrant a resistance.

This clearly not being effected by something as much as other characters, while not having 100% immunity, would still warrant a resistance.
Yes, and it’d be a limited resistance because he was still harmed quite a bit and his skin was visibly melted by Fuhrer Ugly’s acid. That’s not a full resistance.

The damage wasn't very great, only the thinnest parts of his skin were melted through. His whole hands were covered with the acid but only the fingers melted, and his chest didn't melt past the surface of his muscle either.

He shouldn't have to be fully unaffected to have a "resistance", like what Kachon posted that would make it an immunity.

The damage wasn't very great, only the thinnest parts of his skin were melted through. His whole hands were covered with the acid but only the fingers melted, and his chest didn't melt past the surface of his muscle either.

He shouldn't have to be fully unaffected to have a "resistance", like what Kachon posted that would make it an immunity.
I literally never said he has to be fully unaffected to get a resistance, where are y’all getting that idea from-

The fact that his fingers were melted to the point where you can see bone, coupled with the fact that he was clearly in significant pain would warrant him only having a limited resistance.

The point here isn't the acid's potency but its damage to Darkshine

I'm aware there is a difference between Resistance and Immunity but if you take a closer look at the resistance scenario, it's usually added when a opponent no sells an attack, but that doesn't cover the fact that stronger versions of this same hax can still kill/incapacitate him, while Immunity covers that. There is a clear difference between no selling acid and what happened with Darkshine (The fact that he took quite a damage is undeniable), and the "Limited" added in the description is to show how "weak" his Resistance is, as it has affected by the same Acid currently scaled to him, it's quite a common thing although not stated in its page (And this is certainly not the thread to nuke this practice)

How can resistance even be limited? The fact that the acid wasn't as effective on him is clear cut a resistance, even if he didn't no sell it. Just mention specifically that it still damaged him on his profile to notify how much he actually resists.

The acid instantly goes straight through normal people who don't have resistance at all. Yet Darkshine can take it laying on his body for several minutes it seems. Yet it doesn't even go all that deep, he does appear to have a mark of some kind, but that is nothing compared to Acid that instantly melts through a person's head.

Having limited resistance doesn't seem right. Since the acid Ugly uses is far stronger than any acid in the world, nothing can eat through human body so quickly. This is fictional super powered acid, and it doesn't even go all the way through his body. Heck it doesn't even go through all of his skin. His hands had the worst damage, but the other acid that was sent on him didn't even reach his bones.

Someone who withstand normal skin eating acid without any damage whatsoever, would have no reason to have better resistance than Darkshine's who withstood some kind of ultra power acid that goes through a body in a second. So I disagree on limited acid resistance.

If this is was just some baseline acid, yeah I'd agree with limited resistance since he'd be less than "baseline" or whatever you'd call it. However baseline acid isn't doing jack to Darkshine whatsoever, he should without a doubt be immune to any real acid in our world.

Limited resistance implies the lowest of the low, barely qualifying for resistance. Comparison point. If someone can stand on the surface of the sun or be tossed through it for around a minute straight and came out with second degree burns. Would we really say they have limited heat resistance, and say 400c fire would burn them?

I believe this is a similar situation. Regardless limited resistance makes little sense to me, like saying limited limited. Or giving yourself a name like Speed-o-Sound Sonic. Like yeah the resistance is limited and only up to a point. I feel like a thread should be made to discuss limited abilities and if they should even exist.

I feel like people if could come to an conclusion and have an official rule on this stuff. Since I cannot find any rules that talk about limited powers and abilities. However that part is derailing and shouldn't be focused on in this thread.

Unless someone can point me towards the official rules about how this stuff is handled. That'd be helpful.

The acid instantly goes straight through normal people who don't have resistance at all. Yet Darkshine can take it laying on his body for several minutes it seems. Yet it doesn't even go all that deep, he does appear to have a mark of some kind, but that is nothing compared to Acid that instantly melts through a person's head.

Having limited resistance doesn't seem right. Since the acid Ugly uses is far stronger than any acid in the world, nothing can eat through human body so quickly. This is fictional super powered acid, and it doesn't even go all the way through his body. Heck it doesn't even go through all of his skin. His hands had the worst damage, but the other acid that was sent on him didn't even reach his bones.

Someone who withstand normal skin eating acid without any damage whatsoever, would have no reason to have better resistance than Darkshine's who withstood some kind of ultra power acid that goes through a body in a second. So I disagree on limited acid resistance.

If this is was just some baseline acid, yeah I'd agree with limited resistance since he'd be less than "baseline" or whatever you'd call it. However baseline acid isn't doing jack to Darkshine whatsoever, he should without a doubt be immune to any real acid in our world.

Limited resistance implies the lowest of the low, barely qualifying for resistance. Comparison point. If someone can stand on the surface of the sun or be tossed through it for around a minute straight and came out with second degree burns. Would we really say they have limited heat resistance, and say 400c fire would burn them?

I believe this is a similar situation. Regardless limited resistance makes little sense to me, like saying limited limited. Or giving yourself a name like Speed-o-Sound Sonic. Like yeah the resistance is limited and only up to a point. I feel like a thread should be made to discuss limited abilities and if they should even exist.

I feel like people if could come to an conclusion and have an official rule on this stuff. Since I cannot find any rules that talk about limited powers and abilities. However that part is derailing and shouldn't be focused on in this thread.

Unless someone can point me towards the official rules about how this stuff is handled. That'd be helpful.
There are numerous profiles with the "Limited Resistance" thing. You may disagree with the logic, I also have my doubts, but this simple CRT has literally no range to change its use

Darkshine's feat is Limited Resistance for now, I gathered a few examples here, here, here and here ("high tolerance" is basically limited resistance)

Last edited:
There are numerous profiles with the "Limited Resistance" thing. You may disagree with the logic, I also have my doubts, but this simple CRT has literally no range to change its use

Darkshine's feat is Limited Resistance for now, I gathered a few examples here, here, here and here ("high tolerance" is basically limited resistance)
If someone was hit by hydrochloric acid and no selled it, would that qualify for full acid resistance? If you agree then do you believe Darkshine would be effected by hydrochloric acid in the same way Fuher Ugly's super powered acid does? If no then why does he have limited resistance.

If you believe that no selling hydrochloric acid is limited resistance only and hydrochloric acid would have similar effects on Darkshine's body to Fuher's, please explain why.

If the acid had no other showings, then it would be limited resistance as implied by Tracer (at least in my view).

But there is a scaling chain present: VFU's acid has shown to melt stone, people and metal upon contact, but did not do critical damage to Darkshine (though it still harmed him). He would get resistance to acid, but only because VFU's acid actually has feats. If it was in a vacuum then it would only be limited resistance since it caused notable bodily damage.

Or to rephrase: Getting second degree burns from a camp fire won't get you fire or heat resistance, but getting second degree burns from a supernova would. For obvious temperature difference reasons.

Judging from what I've heard, I'll be supporting full resistance because of the insane potency of the acid. The weakest PH acids of our reality wouldn't affect Darkshine at all going off the manga's portrayal.

Although, I do get the impression that the wiki's not entirely consistent on "limited" resistances though, sometimes limited seems to mean anything from "full resistance in certain contexts" to "reduced effects in certain contexts", and other times it just means "reduced effects".

I gave it a few more hours, nobody has said anything further against full resistance, so I went ahead and made the addition.

Could someone check to be sure I didn't make any mistakes?

Back