• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Super Hax 10-Bs: Mage vs Little Treasure

Yobo Blue said:
Ah. Is there any version which would be better for this fight?
All versions of the Mage require you declare if they have their Disbelief hax, which are 1-A Power Null, EE and Reality Warping.

If the disbelief hax requires the opponent to look unbelievable, like a monster or something (from what I've been told), it shouldn't work here, I guess.

Yobo Blue said:
The note asks for personality, which is what I'm asking about
Easiest of the two options is "Marauder or not Marauder"

Marauder = Disbelief hax in full affect

Not Marauder = Disbelief hax are basically non-existent

Then it's 1-A passive Power null (for the list see the Mage's hax), their 1-A EE, 1-A Madness Hax, 1-A Concept manip, Reality Warping on top of their normal passives like Fate hax and the ability to turn all their hax passive as well.

InfiniteSped said:
But what triggers it tho? Would it work against a completely normal looking opponent?
Yes, unlike Caine's disbelief, the Marauder perceived reality as they choose, they can see it as an Alice in Wonderland type ordeal and if the opponent doesn't fit into that perception, then they're thrown out.

Caine's passive disbelief doesn't work immediately on Normal looking people because Caine perceives reality as it is for the most part, it things are outside what he considers normal then it stops existing.

Yobo Blue said:
Even if it does, can it cancel out the other 1-A hax used by Little Treasure?
Disbelief hax works on all other Mages, the Technocrats use Marauders to go kill powerful Mages, which would be around tier 3-5 which is 3 Platonic from 3-D Transcendences.

Yobo Blue said:
That doesn't answer the question
I've answered the part of the question I can answer, I cannot say if Disbelief hax is greater than LT's Sealing because I don't know.

Can the Mage go through Little Treasure passive Heaven-Sealing Aura which makes all attacks/powers self-destruct in its presence?

Zaratthustra said:
Can the Mage go through Little Treasure passive Heaven-Sealing Aura which makes all attacks/powers self-destruct in its presence?
Depends if the Mage attacks at all, it's currently LT just disappearing from the Mage not believing in them.

Udlmaster said:
Nepuko said:
So, how do we know if Mage believes in LT or not in the first place?
It's why the personality note is important.
Aye don't worry from our DMs I at least got that the personality is key to the hax ;), but that still begs the question : what do we have to do now?

Since the choice for this battle is..."Marauder", we gtta search for a Marauder named Alex or smthing and analyze his personality? o_o

There actually is a named Marauder named Alex

Since this is composite, there is a direct example of Marauders causing people to disappear (it's actually where the EE even comes from) so we can reasonably believe that for this case, it does work on normal looking people.

Well we're kinda waiting for your side here, Udl XD. What Marauder's used, what's his personality, his hax, etc.....

Nepuko said:
Well we're kinda waiting for your side here, Udl XD. What Marauder's used, what's his personality, his hax, etc.....
Marauders are insane, insane and insane.

Their Major passive hax are Existence Erasure and Fate hax.

Nepuko said:
So Marauders don't have conditions to active their Disbelief Hax (and that EE/Fate)?
Yeah, they just don't believe in LT. That would be their condition of activating their hax, excuse they're insane.

Nepuko said:
Hm. So those guys just don't believe in anything, at all?
They "believe" in what they want, what fits their narrative. Anything outside that disappears.

Nepuko said:
Ok, I see. And what is their "narrative" here?
That is up to the OP. Which is why the note says that before you make a thread for the Mage you need to give them a personality. Do they see the world as nothing more than a simulation or do they have a hyper-normalised reality where everything is absolutely normal and nothing supernatural exists, is Cthulhu flying around kill people in their reality and so on, this needs to be defined by the OP.

Hm? So wait, dosen't it mean that if the OP dude wants to fight, say, a gross looking opponent, he'll make a Mage thread about how "gross things don't exist in their reality"? Or if the opponent is a robot, they make a thread about how "nothing mechanical exists in a world", etc?

That's.......O_O

So uh, what happens to this thread then?

Nepuko said:
Hm? So wait, dosen't it mean that if the OP dude wants to fight, say, a gross looking opponent, he'll make a Mage thread about how "gross things don't exist in their reality"? Or if the opponent is a robot, they make a thread about how "nothing mechanical exists in a world", etc?
That's.......O_O

So uh, what happens to this thread then?
Yeah, if the OP says that the Marauder sees everything as dogs, everything will become dogs.

Back