• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Supe vs Martial Artist: Homelander vs Kuroki Gensai (0-4-0)

How strong is Homie's Heat Vision? It matches Butchers which somewhat damages Soldier Boy (if you can call this damage). So, 8-C Heat Vision? If so, shouldn't Kuroki be able to tank that.
H-How did you even reach the conclusion that it's 8-C? Did you read the profile? His heat vision upscales from his physical strength which already upscales from 289 tons. Kuroki also has no feats of resisting heat that's over 3500°C.

H-How did you even reach the conclusion that it's 8-C? Did you read the profile? His heat vision upscales from his physical strength which already upscales from 289 tons. Kuroki also has no heat resistance.
Uh, yes he does?
Resistance to Fire Manipulation (Capable of performing Purgatory Austerity),

The purgatory austerity is just standing in a pit of fire, and Kuroki performed this with not a single burn.

H-How did you even reach the conclusion that it's 8-C? Did you read the profile? His heat vision upscales from his physical strength which already upscales from 289 tons. Kuroki also has no feats of resisting heat that's over 3500°C.
. Seems pretty even to me. Misread the profile ignore this

He doesn't need to constantly have eyes locked on Homelander's eyes for his Foresight to take effect. He just needs to see his gaze for a few seconds, maybe minutes, to analyze it, and then he'll be able to predict where he's going to aim his lasers. The entire point of Foresight on Kuroki's level is that they stop needing to even see the opponent to counter. It's probably gonna be that easy.
Except that would logically be able to anticipate things that you're aware of. Guns or Physical combat are one thing because that would be something he's very familiar with. Heat Vision does not exist in Kengan, unless there's something I don't know. Analytical Prediction is based off of things you know, it's not Divination where you just get the information magically.

But we're literally going in circles and arguing semantics at this point. We both agree that Kuroki will be able to deal with the Heat Vision, we just disagree on easy it is for him.

Except that would logically be able to anticipate things that you're aware of. Guns or Physical combat are one thing because that would be something he's very familiar with. Heat Vision does not exist in Kengan, unless there's something I don't know. Analytical Prediction is based off of things you know, it's not Divination where you just get the information magically.
You misunderstand my argument. I never said he would magically become aware of Heat Vision. He'd only be aware of it once Homelander uses it. I never said he would magically be aware of Heat Vision— all I said, and have said, is that he'll be able to dodge it through his read on Homelander's gaze once it comes out.

Obviously, if you know where he's going to look, dodging an attack based on where he's looking is going to be simple, even if you haven't seen it.

For those wondering about Kuroki's Heat Resistance, in Kengan Ashura CH225, he resisted no sold this. Anyway to calc this?
002-264.png

Going to do some rough calcs here. Assuming that one pyre is hot as a campfire, it can be around 600F - 2,000 F (Source). There are three of them so...600*3 = 1,800F or 2,000*3 = 6,000F. Keep in mind the pyre behind Kuroki is far bigger than the two in front, so its probably higher. I don't know if I did the math correctly, but if we go by high end, Kuroki can no sell this.

You misunderstand my argument. I never said he would magically become aware of Heat Vision. He'd only be aware of it once Homelander uses it. I never said he would magically be aware of Heat Vision— all I said, and have said, is that he'll be able to dodge it through his read on Homelander's gaze once it comes out.
Again, we're arguing in circles about semantics. I brought up this exact point in my long breakdown. Even with me not recalling Kuroki stopping that bullet, I still came down on the side that Kuroki would be able to weave through Homelander's heat vision once it he sees it.

Again, we're arguing in circles about semantics. I brought up this exact point in my long breakdown. Even with me not recalling Kuroki stopping that bullet, I still came down on the side that Kuroki would be able to weave through Homelander's heat vision once it he sees it.
If you don't want to "argue in circles" then simply don't say anything and ignore me. I can clarify a point you blatantly misunderstood without worrying about what you do or don't want to argue.

Going to do some rough calcs here. Assuming that one pyre is hot as a campfire, it can be around 600F - 2,000 F (Source). There are three of them so...600*3 = 1,800F or 2,000*3 = 6,000F. Keep in mind the pyre behind Kuroki is far bigger than the two in front, so its probably higher. I don't know if I did the math correctly, but if we go by high end, Kuroki can no sell this.
Note: I have zero stakes on this match up whatsoever.

That is not how heat works my friend, having multiple fires doesn't magically raise the temperature by the number of fires. A fire, or any source of heat in general, cannot heat something up beyond its own source temperature. Having 3 fires of 2000 degrees flames is just that, 3 fires with a temp of 2000 degrees.

Do you have any idea how absurd forest fires would be if heat worked like that? Wouldn't even be a forest fire, everything would just become plasma.

Add five 2000 degrees fires and the temp would reach the surface temperature of the Sun.

Note: I have zero stakes on this match up whatsoever.

That is not how heat works my friend, having multiple fires doesn't magically raise the temperature by the number of fires. A fire, or any source of heat in general, cannot heat something up beyond its own source temperature. Having 3 fires of 2000 degrees flames is just that, 3 fires with a temp of 2000 degrees.

Do you have any idea how absurd forest fires would be if heat worked like that? Wouldn't even be a forest fire, everything would just become plasma.

Add five 2000 degrees fires and the temp would reach the surface temperature of the Sun.
Thanks bro. So, yeah. Ignore the calc.

It's not, but he's probably not going to get hit by it, so it's not productive to discuss whether or not he can resist it. It's why I didn't bring up his heat resistance to begin with.

That's crazy. :alien:
Well, that's sign I need to leave this 'til tomorrow and cool my own head.

...For what it's worth, I'm sorry. I pride myself on keeping my cool, especially on this site and I did not do that here. This is supposed to be fun and this is honestly the first thread in while that I've gotten to sink my teeth into and I nearly ruined it.

Back