• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sundowner VS Genos

HF Blades create shockwave slashes so yeah, he has some range

And Genos will be damaged if he hits Sundowner's shield

The shockwaves don't also ignore durability right?

I thought you had to be making contact with the blade for that.

And Genos isn't gonna be punching his shield he usually starts off with a blast in character.

If they're fighting a ranged battle Genos wins handily.

If it gets to cqc he loses. Depends on the range they start from.

Sundowner has a fairly substantial AP advantage here, since he scales to Raiden who scales massively above the 121 kt feat. But yeah, range is fairly important here

Raiden tanked the 121 kt explosion after receiving a several minutes-long beating from Armstrong and suffered no damage whatsoever from it, Armstrong himself no-sold the explosion and it's possible that he didn't even need the Nanomachine hardening to do so

That doesn't make him scale massively above the feat though. Just scales above it in general.

Also Genos's 114 KT feat was just collateral damage so I could probably say he scales above his own feat too tbh.

I mean, it kinda does, when you can tank something without even a scratch despite being half-dead it tells me that the stuff you tanked is fairly below you

well when you said massively I was assuming like a 100-200 kt difference or something.

I don't really know if you can upscale that much from your own feat, let alone the feat of a stronger character.

I think they are close in stats, but this seems like a pretty bad match up for Sundowner if we're going with SBA. He also starts by turtling behind his shields and wasn't super mobile in that form if I'm remembering it correctly. He gets range spammed to death.

He actually dashes around even with his shields on, it's just that the arena in which Raiden fought him was basically a room, no need to move around, he still has acrobatics and can move around skillfully. Also i am fairly sure that it's not in character for Genos to only play the ranged game, he will eventually go h2h, I don't even know if he starts off by blasting his opponent tbh

Genos is insane, he does start with a blast a lot of the time.

Also slightly off topic but the wiki says only Sam and Sundowner have HF blades yet Mistral and Monsoon have them on here?

They have them here because they DO have them, every blade in MG is HF, good luck cutting through metal with a normal blade in a "realistic" setting such as MG. Mistral you could argue that her weapon doesn't even classify as a blade since it only has a very small point on the top, but still

Back