• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Suiryu's power in One Punch Man?

How strong do you guys think Suiryu will be in the fight with Saitama? Is the hype real or will he be another pushover?

Of course this is speculation, but I believe Suiryu will at least somewhat impress Saitama with his strength (kinda in a sense of being impressed by a baby that can walk earlier than normal) but in the end he'll be fodder to him.

I've heard a lot of people say Suiryu is going to force Saitama to use more than one Normal Punch, that he's the next Boros or even that he'll match Saitama. None of which I can see happening at all. Especially when, while this arc is somewhat diverting, it's main purpose is still to hype Garou, the true next Boros. And he definitely isn't going to be someone to finally make Saitama go all out.

I think most of the fight is going to be Saitama toying around with Suiryu, they exchange some long dialouge/their ideaologies with each other, Saitama eventually neg-diffs, and his strength inspires Suiryu to become a better person.

Suiryu wasn't able to see Saitama put the wig back on multiple times, so I'm kinda doubtful that Suiryu will be able to react to Saitama's attacks either (especially now that he has him pumped up.) So maybe he's going to perform a cool martial arts technique that Saitama takes notice of (whether that be how useful it is in a comedic way e.g help him grow back hair, or in a combat situation) but ultimately loses once Saitama goes on the offensive.

In any case, this tournament arc is an shit.

I mean Suiryu's whole thing is how he's pretty much unbeatable despite not really caring about training at all, thinking he's among the best and having no care or concern for the well being of those he considers weak.

I believe that Saitama godstomping Suiryu and showing him how weak he truly is would be the ultimate way to humble him. And will help develope his character.

I do agree with AMM that I'm not the biggest fan of this arc, and would prefer more stuff like the S-Classes fighting Garou and King, Fubuki or someone else's character get expanded upon than this.

I hope that you're right and Suiryu is fodder like everyone else is. Since Garou is the main villain Suiryu should just be a warm up of sorts.

Once again this is speculation, but I think this tournament is leading to Suiryu being humbled and bettered as a person. With Garou being the true spectacle of the arc. And that Suiryu's whole "the strong will survive" speech being a means to hype that up, and foreshadow that things are going down in the future.

Back