• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Ricsi-viragosi said:
I answered the "it's not the injuries, it's the death itself", as it's false.
You seem to have taken that phrase out of context. When I said "it's not the injuries, it's the death itself" I was specifically talking about Avenger's high capacity for survival vs HtH. He is claiming that because Avenger has supposedly survived having his chest cut open before, (which is really due to what is basically Avenger's equivalent to Battle Continuation) that if Avenger cuts open McQueen's chest then McQueen will fall to his injuries but Avenger won't. Aside from the fact that that is not how the skill works, my point was that he may be able to remain active but he will not survive the anemia

Basically, in the context of our conversation, I was not claiming that McQueen could transfer memory attacks or anything like that. I was making no broad or universal statements on the nature of the attacks he shares, but on specific cases similar to this. Let me use brackets to explain what we were talking about in context

"it's not the injuries [having McQueen's chest cut open], it's the death itself [he will die to the sympoms of blood loss]"

The phrase is wrong no matter how I look at it. It only reflects the damage, nothing more or less.

And if he can survive that for an extended period, he would definitly survive longer, which is still a victory for him.

Clearly not if he can transfer death by starvation. what Highway to Hell considers damage is the symptoms more than the wounds itself that are important. Ermes may be able to tank electricity no problem due to her durability, but the electrical burns show up anyway. Not having nutrients is just as physical as not having blood. Clearly whatever definition of damage HtH plays by, at least by your view of the power, includes not having what the body needs

That's the point, he can't survive Anemia. This is like saying that because I resist sickness, then McQueen being infected by the purple haze virus would transfer no damage to you. Yes, you may have more resilience, but McQueen does not, and once his body gives out from the lack of blood to carry out the functions needed to survive, the targets body will cease to function as well.

Also, that's again not how Battle Continuation works. Basically, if I had a high level battle continuation skill then you could load me full of bullets. It would likely take me a while to die, but most people would not be able to keep fighting. Until my brain stops working and my heart stops beating, I can still keep fighting regardless of how bad my wounds get. Maybe I would be able to hold off the symptoms of blood loss, but with HtH I would end up with the effects at the same time as McQueen. Simply being able to hold your breath longer than McQueen can will not save you from his drowning

Starvation does damage your body, it doesn't magically just kill you. HtH does not take away the nutrients, just reflects the cells dying.

Prove that. It only reflects damage, you need to prove anything more than that.

Yes, it does, and to a far less degree than anemia does. That is specualtion on your part, but I agree. It is the effects of the starvation, not the action itself. It is the effects of the anemia, not the action itself.

Prove which thing specifically? the purple haze virus thing or the holding your breath thing?

Let's say that you somehow don't think that lacking blood counts as damage. When McQueen takes "damage" in the form of a heart attack, or "damage" from not getting oxygen (the same as suffocation, which you have already recognised would transfer), or tissue not functioning, and organs failing. Do you accept or deny that these things would also transfer to Avenger?

The effects of anemia are dead cells.

It is not the lack of oxygen, kr tge other stuff, that is given on. It's the cells dying.

The effects of Anemia are dead cells, or but I looked up some of the effects of blood loss and anemia, and I got a wonderful cocktail

Different form of Anemia than the one that i was talking about. I was referring to the anemia that results from a lack of red blood cells or blood in general

So you deny that McQueen would pass on such effects to Avenger, if he did experience them, then? On what basis?

This brings up the fact that, as a spiritual being made physical, Avenger technically does not have "cells".

Why is the example of death being used Thunder only getting his chest cut open? Avenger's weapons are City+ they'd bisect Thunder in a single swing completely.

DragonEmperor23 said:
Why is the example of death being used Thunder only getting his chest cut open? Avenger's weapons are City+ they'd bisect Thunder in a single swing completely.
Because Avenger has done just that against a wall-level Emiya Shirou (although technically he also decapitated Shirou, but that was a second attack) in the video linked. So yeah, he doesn't have to use his full strength, and has demonstrated that he won't necessarily use it if he can get away with much less.

EDIT: yes, while Emiya Shirou is capable of increasing his durability significantly, in Hollow Ataraxia he was having trouble using his abilities because of complicated plot-related reasons, so he should definitely be Wall level in this scene.

The first slash ripped me open at the shoulder. Then the blade swung back to its original position, severing my neck with it.
It looks like the former; but this does demonstrate that Avenger can hit a Wall level target and deal fatal damage (tearing open a shoulder/half the upper chest) without instantly obliterating it.

To be honest, this looks like it's mostly an inconclusive, with the very slight chance of victory for Avenger if he holds back and gets immediate healing afterwards due to a technicality (the fact that he's a spiritual being and also basically the anti-human).

It sounds like after the first slice, then Avenger's second slash would decapitate Thunder.

Yeah, incon makes the most sense to me.

True. Inconclusive FRA, maybe with the added note for posterity that victory for Avenger was found to be technically possible under very specific (yet not unreasonably improbable) conditions?

On a more distantly related note, I'd like to see more of Avenger in VS matches, as his "Ultimate Anti-Human" ability has some interesting implications (even if it is something that can easily be conflated into an NLF).

Back