• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Subspace Master vs. The Legendary Super Saiyan

TyranoDoom30

He/Him
Broly vs. Tabuu
  • Speed is equalized
  • Movie 8 LSSJ Broly
  • Location is at Subspace
Muscle Man: 2
Dr. Manhattan:
Thunder McQueen:

images
images

Last edited:
Broly has the advantage in everything

Broly was able to destroy a fourth of the universe within seconds, while Tabuu is only baseline 4A

Neither character has any significant hax except Space Manip for Tabuu, which isn't even elaborated or explained on his profile

Broly also has ridiculous RE so any stat he's lacking at the beginning of the fight becomes irrelevant after minutes

Not to mention all of Tabuu's moves have long lead times so Broly can just react before Tabuu attacks

Broly stomps imo

Even assuming U7 only has 4 Galaxies (It doesn't), that's still not a 4th of the universe, due to the space between Galaxies, hence why a 3-C being can't become 3-B through a 2x multiplier. If U7 really only had 4 galaxies, destroying it would only be 3-B. Tabuu isn't baseline either, Starry Sky feats are 840637.450199 times baseline.

Even assuming U7 only has 4 Galaxies (It doesn't), that's still not a 4th of the universe, due to the space between Galaxies, hence why a 3-C being can't become 3-B through a 2x multiplier. If U7 really only had 4 galaxies, destroying it would only be 3-B. Tabuu isn't baseline either, Starry Sky feats are 840637.450199 times baseline.
I know

I'm well aware that the South Galaxy is not actually a galaxy, it's just called the "South Galaxy" cuz it being a literal galaxy was retconned in the Super Shenron episode

Sorry for the misunderstanding. My point is that if we use the retcon in the original Toei movies, Broly would easily be 3B due to destroying a literal 4th of the entire universe within seconds

And wow, that AP rating for Tabuu has me thinking hard

iirc Broly scales to 4A due to beating the crap out of several 4Bs simultaneously

that's not anywhere near being nearly a million times baseline 4A

so ngl I might change my vote to Tabuu unless I'm wrong about Broly's AP jutification

iirc Broly scales to 4A due to beating the crap out of several 4Bs simultaneously

so ngl I might change my vote to Tabuu unless I'm wrong about Broly's AP jutification
The reason Broly is 4-A is because his feat is similar and superior to the feat that Kid Buu pulled which yielded 4-A.
Also Broly's profile is extremely outdated and needs to be updated to 3-B

No, it's because he wiped out an entire galaxy very quickly while only using Restrained Super Saiyan.

And you Misunderstand
Toei Broly is 3-B via destroying South Galaxy IE 1/4th of the universe while Buu is Galaxy level if you wank him
And you misunderstand

South Galaxy is just a galaxy in the original Toei movies. South Galaxy being a 4th of the universe is only retconned in DB Super, meaning Toei Broly wouldn't get that treatment, especially since Toei Broly doesn't come from the same continuity as DB Super does

Also

bruh

it makes no sense for Broly, a dude who got 1 shot by SSJ Goku
to lose to dude who can pretty confidently handle a much MUCH stronger Goku as a SSJ3

And you misunderstand

South Galaxy is just a galaxy in the original Toei movies. South Galaxy being a 4th of the universe is only retconned in DB Super, meaning Toei Broly wouldn't get that treatment, especially since Toei Broly doesn't come from the same continuity as DB Super does

Also

bruh

it makes no sense for Broly, a dude who got 1 shot by SSJ Goku
to lose to dude who can pretty confidently handle a much MUCH stronger Goku as a SSJ3
It absolutely matters if it was retconned. It is explicitly stated to be "South Galaxy" and we will treat it as such. We also have statement in the very same movie stating Broly to be a threat and having the ability to destroy the entire universe over time. If that's how the dragonball universe works than that's how we treat it. It's a Tengen Toppa situation.

Also you are aware that It doesn't matter that their only SSJ1 in that movie right? SSJ super Goku could one-shot the whole original series because power progression exist and the same is true for this version of SSJ Goku in the movie. We literally see in the first 5 seconds of the movie Broly perform a feat superior to anything Majin Buu does and since it happens in an alternate universe it is 100% usable because alternate universe characters do not have to scale to their cannon counterparts. Just because it happens before Buu does not make him inferior.

That's the same as saying Dragon ball Xenoverse SSJ3 Goku is inferior to Super Goku since Super came after and they added a new form. We go by feats and in that case Broly absolutely stomps Buu in that regard

It absolutely matters if it was retconned. It is explicitly stated to be "South Galaxy" and we will treat it as such. We also have statement in the very same movie stating Broly to be a threat and having the ability to destroy the entire universe over time. If that's how the dragonball universe works than that's how we treat it. It's a Tengen Toppa situation.

Also you are aware that It doesn't matter that their only SSJ1 in that movie right? SSJ super Goku could one-shot the whole original series because power progression exist and the same is true for this version of SSJ Goku in the movie. We literally see in the first 5 seconds of the movie Broly perform a feat superior to anything Majin Buu does and since it happens in an alternate universe it is 100% usable because alternate universe characters do not have to scale to their cannon counterparts. Just because it happens before Buu does not make him inferior.

That's the same as saying Dragon ball Xenoverse SSJ3 Goku is inferior to Super Goku since Super came after and they added a new form. We go by feats and in that case Broly absolutely stomps Buu in that regard
1. The retcon would be valid if it applied to the same continuity. But DB Super and the Toei movies are entirely different forms of media altogether, so I'm pretty sure the retcon doesn't apply here
2. Broly performed his galaxy-wiping feat as a restricted super saiyan, and in the movie, when restricted super saiyan Broly fought Goku, Goku made him bleed with a kick despite being in Base form. If we take your logic and say that Buu is weaker than Broly since Broly has better feats, then that means Base Goku can beat Buu since Goku hurt someone who is stronger than Buu. Which doesn't make any sense because Goku could barely handle Buu even after 7 additional years of training plus SSJ3. It makes more sense to say that Buu was just screwing around for a few years and destroying planet after planet or something, especially since there wasn't a single life form at the time capable of injuring him and he never needed to use any effort to do anything.
3. Read above

1. The retcon would be valid if it applied to the same continuity. But DB Super and the Toei movies are entirely different forms of media altogether, so I'm pretty sure the retcon doesn't apply here
It does because Toei Dragon ball super is the canon successor to Dragon Ball Z all the movies are set in different dimension in Z as stated by Akira Toriyama himself. So this mean that the cosmology would apply to the movies
2. Broly performed his galaxy-wiping feat as a restricted super saiyan, and in the movie, when restricted super saiyan Broly fought Goku, Goku made him bleed with a kick despite being in Base form. If we take your logic and say that Buu is weaker than Broly since Broly has better feats, then that means Base Goku can beat Buu since Goku hurt someone who is stronger than Buu. Which doesn't make any sense because Goku could barely handle Buu even after 7 additional years of training plus SSJ3. It makes more sense to say that Buu was just screwing around for a few years and destroying planet after planet or something, especially since there wasn't a single life form at the time capable of injuring him and he never needed to use any effort to do anything.
Yes that's how it works in this dimension Base Goku would body Buu. Also Broly was in his base not restricted SSJ when this happened. Like I said since this takes place in a different universe from Mainline Canon. For all we know Buu could not even exist in this canon.

Also let's not debate this anymore as this is not the purpose of this thread

It does because Toei Dragon ball super is the canon successor to Dragon Ball Z all the movies are set in different dimension in Z as stated by Akira Toriyama himself. So this mean that the cosmology would apply to the movies

Yes that's how it works in this dimension Base Goku would body Buu. Also Broly was in his base not restricted SSJ when this happened. Like I said since this takes place in a different universe from Mainline Canon. For all we know Buu could not even exist in this canon.

Also let's not debate this anymore as this is not the purpose of this thread
1. The DB Super Anime is a continuation of the DBZ Manga, not Toei DBZ. There is no such thing as "Toeiverse DB Super"
2. I don't think I need to explain why claiming that Toei Cell Saga Base Goku is stronger than Toei Buu is really stupid. I dont even know why I need to reiterate this, but the Buu I have been talking about this entire time was TOEI BUU, not MANGA BUU. Toei Buu is from the same continuity as Broly and the DBZ Movies. Toei Goku needed 7 years worth of training plus Super Saiyan 3 just to contend with Buu, and yet here you are claiming that a much weaker version of the same Goku can clap Buu no difficulty. That doesn't make any sense.

As for the purpose of this thread, my final thoughs are that Broly probably stomps. Broly is borderline 3C due to eradicating vast chunks of a galaxy and eventually the entire galaxy within a few seconds. Tabuu's lack of relevant hax means he needs to brute force his way past Broly, which he can't do. Even if you assume that Tabuu magically has higher scaling or has self seat amps (which he doesn't), Broly would just RE past that really quickly

I vote Broly

Back