• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sub-Zero vs Yumi - Blueberry Ice vs Shaved Ice? 8 | 0 | 0

Why hasn't anyone made this yet? Ice vs ice, this seems like a reasonable showdown to put on, although, when facing each other, they make each other vows to fight like honorable warriors and plan to go down as such should one or the other fall.

• Speed is equalized.
  • Grandmaster Sub-Zero vs Yumi
  • Yumi's Ice Queen mode is restricted
  • High 8-C keys are used
  • Battle takes place on Gessen Academy rooftops
  • Winner via K.O or Death

"The Lin Kuei are not ninjas." (Sub-Zero): 8 (@SamanPatou, @Popted2, @Stillwinston, @Peppersalt43, @rawXDglomp, @Knifeman29, @Acer__, @FarerPurple)

"I shall dance for the sake of justice!" (Yumi): 0

They get along and decide to have shaved ice together (Inconclusive): 0
Sub-Zero_vs_Yumi.png

Last edited:
From what I see, Sub-Zero is much more experienced, being a ninja grandmaster with 40+ years of activity (since MK9 reveals he was trained since he was a child) and having defeated a good amount of capable and diverse enemies, many of which are ninjas and wield one or multiple weapons like Yumi.
Admittedly I don't know how skilled Yumi and the people to whom she scales to are, but her profile doesn't really highlight such aspects in a notable way.

In AP Subs has the advantage, scaling to 6.5 tons vs Yumi's 4 tons. The latter's ability to boost her AP helps, but at the same time it lowers her defense, which isn't good.
It's the opposite in regards to LS, as Yumi scales to 500 tons against Sub's 100 tons, but I don't think it would be too much of a factor.

Their abilities are similar, but Sub-Zero seems to have more and trickier abilities, on top of being mobile with teleport and sliding. He also seems to have more projectiles and overall a better range, with his iceballs, wind, clones (he can throw them) and icicles against Yumi's icicles and short-ranged tornadoes.

Sub's ice bubble and resistance to cold might be removed at some point, but until then they are there, and even then Sub can create himself with ice clones and ice walls to defend himself.
Sub has also already dealt with Cryomancers in the past (see Frost) and it is likely that Yumi's clothes would be damaged at least in some way, reducing her defense.

Overall, until I get particular arguments about Yumi, I vote Sub-Zero.

Last edited:
Vote counted.

Let's not forget the Senran shinobi can cast shinobi barriers, which give them a homefield advantage, although, I don't think Sub-Zero would be swayed by that for too long. Also, Yumi fights with fans, that of which can blow winds and freeze people in ice. She also has Extrasensory Perception, but I forgot how strong it was.

In the end, I was also thinking that, even in the barrier, if she lowers her defense, Sub might have a higher chance to land more critical hits, while she gets more powerful, she'd also be more open to a fatal attack, I'm also thinking that Sub-Zero's experience of fighting cryomancer's (Frost) and ninja's (Hanzo Hasashi) topped on top of that gives him more of an edge. Sub-Zero's older than Yumi, so we know he has much more years of experience, especially since he's trained as a child, what stops him from tricking her with ice clones, teleporting, and landing an otherwise fatal attack?

Last edited:
Vote counted, and yup, I know, it's noted that Asuka's jealous as seen in an Estival event.

Part of me wanted to make Tremor vs Asuka but it's a stomp since I heard Tremor has Transmutation through earthquakes, that rock golem is crazy--

Part of me wanted to make Tremor vs Asuka but it's a stomp since I heard Tremor has Transmutation through earthquakes, that rock golem is crazy--
Yes and no, that's a brutality that is triggered when you defeat an enemy with a shockwave, which normally doesn't have that effect.

It's impossible to tell how does it actually work, but you can at least assume it either isn't in-character or doesn't happen always or immediately.
At the end of the day it's a big advantage, but far from making a match against him a "transmutation gg".

Yes and no, that's a brutality that is triggered when you defeat an enemy with a shockwave, which normally doesn't have that effect.

It's impossible to tell how does it actually work, but you can at least assume it either isn't in-character or doesn't happen always or immediately.
At the end of the day it's a big advantage, but far from making a match against him a "transmutation gg".
Oh? Bet, that must mean all hope isn't lost for me then.

But I'm thinkin' I should finish this thread first.

Never mind, we can assume Sub-Zero since he's got the best arguable point as of right now, I get it, I think it's an indirect reference to Sub-Zero's "Winter is coming to this realm." quote, sooooo....

We've hit GRACE period!

I completely forget the Senran characters are ninjas because they look like their not even trying at times
I like how Sub-Zero just goes "The Lin Kuei are not ninja's."

As for Yumi? They're kunoichi, while ninja's hide in the shadow's, kunoichi hide in the public eye, especially with how they dress, good form of distraction, it'd be used to entice and kill the target when lured in, according to history at least--

Although I highly doubt Yumi's kimono is going to distract a highly trained warrior like Sub-Zero, especially when he can fight the likes of the MK9 girls and not falter, guess that's another point for Sub.

As for Yumi? They're kunoichi, while ninja's hide in the shadow's, kunoichi hide in the public eye, especially with how they dress, good form of distraction, it'd be used to entice and kill the target when lured in, according to history at least--
Kunoichi did indeed do more assassination and espionage work, but carrying the ice fan in plane sight and being known at an academy of ninja is probably not helpful

Kunoichi did indeed do more assassination and espionage work, but carrying the ice fan in plane sight and being known at an academy of ninja is probably not helpful
Yeah, the one thing Senran didn't do accurately to the kunoichi in history was making them battle crazy and stuff, Yumi asserted her dominance and even declared a shinobi battle royale. That and even in character, the girls tend to fight over little things.

One of the main reasons I had Sub-Zero fight Yumi on the Gessen Academy Rooftops in this thread, Gessen would totally see him as a threat and Yumi would jump into action.

Back