• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Stomp Threads, Essay.

My gripes with things i have seen/noticed on the Forums. Most people seem to already notice this as well, but the topic “Stomp” matches is one of the things that should be better explained to newer users.

If people are making accidental stomp matches, and getting more experienced members to act like you have started World War III. It’s not an good way to welcome new members. They are new and don’t have a good grasp on how things work here. If a said User creates an fight that they have in mind, and they accidentally made a stomp they should not be treated like they did it intentionally. But if a said much more experienced member jumps them like that for creating a match they don’t know about they feel more distant from the community and feel themselves, not Welcome.

If you do not agree with me ask yourself this. Did you like it when you made a thread for the first time and it was a stomp and people acted at you like you started Fire in the middle of a Forest? Instead of approaching such users in a bad way, try and explain to them what it makes a stomp a stomp. Explain everything you can, to try make sure that that said user doesn’t do it again, and tell them it in a peaceful way. If the majority of experienced members are gonna tell them to “Read the profile better” what new users do not understand is that they can read it like 5 times and still not understand why it is a stomp, and that’s because they just don’t know how the mechanics of the wiki work. If somebody where to explain it to them in great detail, I’m sure that many misconceptions will be solved and that there will be less requests to close thread due to being a stomp.

I’m willing to edit the Stomp Matches page. If i get any suggestions and we’ll try and find a good way to stop many misconceptions here. It’s better for this place. Trust me.

My suggestions so far:
  • Avoid matches with unfair states of Existences on one side. For example: If a character has Abstract Existence in his profile on one side, it should also have it on the other character. Creating a match, where one character is a literal concept and the other character is a Physical being will result in a stomp since the Abstract character cannot be affected due to embodying a Concept that a Physical being cannot interact with.
  • Avoid matches with 1-A‘s and above due to fights being mostly if not all stomps due to both sides being above nearly any and all states of existences/dimensions/universes and abilities and will basically be a stomp for the said character who is higher into 1-A, being Higher into 1-A means that you exist infinitely above that said character due to the verse/cosmology of that said verse being bigger and containing more infinities and thus regardless of their abilities they will never reach the Higher based 1-A character due to transcending it opponent and it’s abilities.
  • Avoid matches with characters with Higher levels of hax while being in the same Tier. Often called smurfs, These characters might be the same Tier but they have often some type of ability/equipment, that lets them be a Higher Tier, such matches are unfair and are often if not all stomps for the Smurf character, and i will explain as too how you could spot such profiles: Universe level to Hyperverse level. These characters have AP without an | that means that they are allowed higher levels of Hax in that said Tier, which then means that a set ability is higher in Tier and can bypass the Resistances that the lower Tiered characters have due to being so “Infinitely” higher, and that will definitely kill the character and no ability is able to stop that unless it has a set counter in the same Tier.
  • Avoid matches with absurd amounts of Tier difference, for example: if an Tier 10-C fights an opponent who’s 3-C and doesn’t have Durability Negating hax, or Existence Erasure, then it‘s guaranteed a stomp due to the Galaxy level entity, being able to destroy structures that are much higher then the Durability of the 10-C said character.
  • Avoid matches with the following Tiers: 2-A vs Low 1-C is an common misconception. A Low 1-C entity is 5-Dimensional and stands on a Infinitely higher plain then the 2-A character, who is 4-Dimensional that means that the 5-D lives on such a higher state of existence that a 4-Dimensional entity cannot comprehend the powers of an 5-D being, because it’s such a higher level of existence that a 4-D character views it as Magic and cannot comprehend it’s reality above it, the said 4-D character might be able to do anything, but that is still limited by the dimensionality and state of existence that they are in, they can’t just decide that the want to destroy an 5-D entity, because they are locked in battle. The difference is just so large that the 5-D character views it as an Drawing or a Unreal being, and will ignore the 4-D character and stomp on it like you would a Fictional Character. Can a drawing affect you? The answer is obvious.

Back