• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Gonna have to give this to Ellie here. Given how the Yian Garuga is nearing baseline whereas Ellie has weapons capable of oneshotting Henry who is around 4 tons means she can just shoot the bird to death. Not to mention that if it gets too close, she would just alter its gravity and send it to the air with the GraviToR.

Gonna have to give this to Ellie here. Given how the Yian Garuga is nearing baseline whereas Ellie has weapons capable of oneshotting Henry who is around 4 tons means she can just shoot the bird to death. Not to mention that if it gets too close, she would just alter its gravity and send it to the air with the GraviToR.
I'll address these points:

*First off although the OP doesn't specify it, this is a Yian Garuga variant which is noticeably stronger than regular members of it's species. Why does this matter? because of this little scaling chain: Baseline High 8-C < Barroth (this) <<< Diablos (one-shots Barroth) = Yian Garuga (roughly equal to Diablos) < Yian Garuga Variant + Rage Power (a ×2 amp to all stats). So "this" Yian Garuga isn't nearly baseline High 8-C at all (tho I don't blame you for drawing to that conclusions).

*Hitting Yian-Garuga won't be easy thanks to it's tenacity, cunning (such as being able to avoid and escape traps) plus it rarely keeps still for any notable period of time. (It won't be just standing there and letting an opponent shoot or hit it).

*Yian Garuga spams it's AoE roars at lot IC which can easily stun an opponent (even ones in the air) for a follow up attack which with this version of it, is noxious poison which can kill a hunter in just a few seconds (without antidotes) and thanks to it's toxic smoke it'll be very hard to avoid getting poisoned for a quick kill.

Honestly I don't see anything stopping Yian Garuga from roar stunning Ellie, poisoning her and leaving her on a very short timer plus if the battle gets drawn out in anyway it'll just provoke Yian's rage power making it even harder for Ellie to damage or even hit Yian-Garuga.

That's my take on it, feel free to address any points I might've missed.

For Ellie's GravitToR i think it's at least tens of meters
For Wyvern's roars i dunno
It should be tens of meters scaling to other wyverns and thats just physical strikes (Yian Garuga is over 13 meters long and it's range attacks can cover an entire area).
Anyways can't ellie just use taser + grenade combo and blew up the entire place?
That would be effective but that looks like a suicide move judging by how that clip ends plus Yian could just fly out way or roar (skip to 1:35) before she gets the opportunity to do that.

I can see the wyvern's roars having a faster activation (since it just needs to scream) than Ellie who needs to pull out her taser/grenade/GravitTor first before triggering its mechanism. By the time she gets to the part where she has to activate her tech, she would've been stunned already and oblivious to the wyvern's next attack. Voting for the Yian Garuga.

That would be effective but that looks like a suicide move judging by how that clip ends plus Yian could just fly out way or roar (skip to 1:35) before she gets the opportunity to do that.
The battle takes place on the Airship control room, Idk if that gives Yian enough space to get far enough away
Also it's not really known if ellie and henry were killed by that explosion or survived it

Last edited:
Can the broadway force be used to kill something like Yian? Could it just interrupt it with its scream?

And is the Yian's profile correct in it not having flight?

The Force is 8-A and thus shouldn't be used in a "High 8-C" tournament (at the very least it should be restricted).
Can the broadway force be used to kill something like Yian? Could it just interrupt it with its scream?

And is the Yian's profile correct in it not having flight?
He does have flight, the vid I just posted even shows him flying it's just many MH profiles are laughably out of the date and there aren't too many active supporters to revise them (especially since MH is a decently large verse).

Either way it still doesn't stop Yian scream stunning her and using lethal poison.

So is the force restricted all together or limited to High 8-C levels?

Back