• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

ShionAH

He/Him
Yes I am doing this.
Both are in character and its s4-5 steven, 9-A sans
Speed is equalized
No knowledge or anything and its genocidal sans (Hopefully steven tries to talk with him and get dunked on)

Human Sans:
Skeleton Steven:
No one:

Last edited:
This was definitely before, but...

Steven gets hurt, screams, and Sans dies from the AOE damage that comes with that.

This was definitely before, but...

Steven gets hurt, screams, and Sans dies from the AOE damage that comes with that.
Pretty sure after steven gets hurt he will get hit again in literal seconds before he can scream. Sans doesnt stop after 1 hit he would actually go harder seeing he tagged steven

Sans' literal first attack is his strongest attack, he says it himself. He goes for the kill immediately and doesn't give his opponent time to do much more than get launched unto the waves of bones and Blasters he summons.

Sans' literal first attack is his strongest attack, he says it himself. He goes for the kill immediately and doesn't give his opponent time to do much more than get launched unto the waves of bones and Blasters he summons.
I agree with that, so I think sans will kill steven before he can scream

Pink Steven and Pink State Steven are two different things

Also Sans' soul manip isnt an instakill and Steven kinda just blitzes immediately due to speed equalization

I know thats why I specified it pink state

Wait what do you mean? How does he blitz if its equalized

Under the speed equalization rules only Steven's base speed would be equalized to Sans, whereas Pink State in and of itself is an amp and not a separate key meaning it wouldnt be equalized

Under the speed equalization rules only Steven's base speed would be equalized to Sans, whereas Pink State in and of itself is an amp and not a separate key meaning it wouldnt be equalized
Oh then which version of steven works in this fight?

does it still work like that if the character starts out in their higher form

Damn. That's minorly goofy.
I 100% agree, it makes matches significantly harder to make fair and has burned a lot of previously great matches that would have otherwise been fair under the previous 'speed equalization equalizes all speeds' rules we used to have

I 100% agree, it makes matches significantly harder to make fair and has burned a lot of previously great matches that would have otherwise been fair under the previous 'speed equalization equalizes all speeds' rules we used to have
I think not equalizing amps is fine. We should just have it so if a thread starts someone in another form which acts as an amp, that amp will be equalized so that form is still usable.

Sans' stuff wouldn't stop screaming? It moves through the target, it doesn't smack them into the neck to keep them silent.
I am saying steven would die before he can even scream sans attacks kill fast. Even if he screams he would die before the sound can hit sans

Either way, Steven kinda just sees Sans in slow-motion due to his speed amp, Sans cant really do anything before Steven just slugs him

I am saying steven would die before he can even scream sans attacks kill fast. Even if he screams he would die before the sound can hit sans
No he doesn't.

Just watch a gameplay if you have to, 99% of the time the players shout in exclamation.

No he doesn't.

Just watch a gameplay if you have to, 99% of the time the players shout in exclamation.
What? Players are a non factor plus in undertale they have turns but in these debates the turns are considered uncanon. Or else sans has reality warping because of his "final move"

What? Players are a non factor plus in undertale they have turns but in these debates the turns are considered uncanon. Or else sans has reality warping because of his "final move"
You are claiming he will kill Steven before the latter can react. There is zero reason to believe this, given how long it takes for the damage to rack up enough to actually kill.

And it's not "uncanon", it is directly referenced on the profile (only getting hit when Frisk broke the game's "combat system"), it's simply impossible to actually use in vs debates so people shrug their shoulders and close an eye to it. And no, he does not have reality warping.

You are claiming he will kill Steven before the latter can react. There is zero reason to believe this, given how long it takes for the damage to rack up enough to actually kill.
Sans kills frisk who has soul resistance pretty goddamn fast now imagine what he would do to steven with no resistance
And it's not "uncanon", it is directly referenced on the profile (only getting hit when Frisk broke the game's "combat system"), it's simply impossible to actually use in vs debates so people shrug their shoulders and close an eye to it.
So what yoy are telling me we are using turn based fights now? I am saying the combat system isnt uncanon I am saying its not used in debates because sans would have reality warping or something if it was used in debates
he does not have reality warping.
Oh really? Wowww I know that. I was trying to make a point

who has soul resistance
His whole point is that he negates their resistance, as in dealing a set amount of damage regardless of how durable a soul is, so no. Frisk is as vulnerable as anyone else, hence "allowing this relatively weak opponent a way of bypassing the defenses of superior foes" as the profile puts it.

because sans would have reality warping or something if it was used in debates
No, he wouldn't. It's not his power, it is a verse mechanic. Regardless, you brought that up for... no reason? It had nothing to do with what you responded to.

Oh really? Wowww I know that. I was trying to make a point
I'm sorry, but as I am not telepathic, I am forced to try and interpret what you write. In this case, I'd suggest writing "would have" rather than "has".

His whole point is that he negates their resistance, as in dealing a set amount of damage regardless of how durable a soul is, so no. Frisk is as vulnerable as anyone else, hence "allowing this relatively weak opponent a way of bypassing the defenses of superior foes" as the profile puts it.
Frisk: Resistance to SOUL Manipulation (Can take SOUL attacks as physical ones) since frisk has levels that make his soul stronger he can take a lot more beating. Its like frisk has 90 health and can take attacks but steven here wouldn't have a durable soul so he will get basically oneshotted (NOT ONESHOT, Just a really really fast death)
No, he wouldn't. It's not his power, it is a verse mechanic. Regardless, you brought that up for... no reason? It had nothing to do with what you responded to.
I brought it up because you were saying all of UTs mechanics should be used in debates (saying something about the turn system) and I made a point by saying how sans would have some kind of power because of his "final move"
I'm sorry, but as I am not telepathic, I am forced to try and interpret what you write. In this case, I'd suggest writing "would have" rather than "has".
No one in their right mind would think sans has reality manipulation but I can see why you think I actually meant it

Frisk: Resistance to SOUL Manipulation (Can take SOUL attacks as physical ones) since frisk has levels that make his soul stronger he can take a lot more beating. Its like frisk has 90 health and can take attacks but steven here wouldn't have a durable soul so he will get basically oneshotted (NOT ONESHOT, Just a really really fast death)
No, sans does negate Frisk's resistance. Frisk is just as vulnerable as anyone else on this wiki. The difference between frisk and anyone else on the wiki though is that frisk actively made their soul stronger the endure more hits from sans.

No, sans does negate Frisk's resistance. Frisk is just as vulnerable as anyone else on this wiki. The difference between frisk and anyone else on the wiki though is that frisk actively made their soul stronger the endure more hits from sans.
Thats what I am sayin frisk survived longer because theh are durable but since steven cant do that he will die really fast

Its like frisk has 90 health and can take attacks but steven here wouldn't have a durable soul so he will get basically oneshotted (NOT ONESHOT, Just a really really fast death)
If you want to use that logic, then 20 HP is more than enough to endure for a while.

I brought it up because you were saying all of UTs mechanics should be used in debates (saying something about the turn system) and I made a point by saying how sans would have some kind of power because of his "final move"
They have to be as a basis, given they are canon, rather than making assumptions based on nothing.

If you want to use that logic, then 20 HP is more than enough to endure for a while.
Every fight sans is in its accepted as he doesn't one shot but kills really quickly also you do know 1 bone attack literally drains your hp and 20 HP would basically make sans fight impossible
They have to be as a basis, given they are canon, rather than making assumptions based on nothing.
It is in their canon but no one uses in debates because it makes whole new category and just ruins a lot of things

Thats enough HP to survive his attacks for barely a second.

no it will not let him endure anything.
Steven literally has to scream, that is all it takes.

This would be, of-course, assuming that something without a soul gets killed as fast as someone with the weakest soul HP wise, isntead of their physical durability being treated as the target.

Steven literally has to scream, that is all it takes.
So sans hits once steven gets hurts and then uses her mouth to scream that will take him like 2 seconds or something and sans can kill steven in 2 seconds
This would be, of-course, assuming that something without a soul gets killed as fast as someone with the weakest soul HP wise, isntead of their physical durability being treated as the target.
Pretty sure this version has a soul

Sans dura negged flowey, and did so which made him reset multiple times. clearly he can do it pretty ****** fast to people without souls.

If the Pink state is a tier of its own
its speed amp would be equalized as well since he can only achieve that speed in that tier/state.

Back