• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Also Steven is entirely capable of fighting in his sleep through his dream powers so even if you want to argue that Sing would work on him he can still fall back on that

I not sure if it is considered a stomp since Steve's AP seems to rival that of Red's Pokemon AP plus I not seeing how Steven is putting down any of Red's Pokemon as Steve's shield is defensive in nature I think.

His shield can both reflect the projectile attacks of Red's pokemon and can be used as a bladed weapon. His bubble is also a highly effective battering ram and can be coated in spikes for piercing damage.

Hmmm I see. That does, however, comes into question if they are capable of putting Red's Pokemon permanently. Also was his Bubble shown to being able to do those things by itself, @Weekly?

HammerStrikes219 said:
Hmmm I see. That does, however, comes into question if they are capable of putting Red's Pokemon permanently. Also was his Bubble shown to being able to do those things by itself, @Weekly?
Yes, both his bubble and the spikes for the bubble are things that he learned completely on accident as a reflex to something happening to him, he didnt do it willingly at first they happened on their own, and on more than one occasion his bubble has activated reflexively

@Weekly Hmmm I see.

As mentioned I am neutral, but is trying to see how this is a fair matchup given how I don't like to participate in VS Debating and even if I do, it is likely to ensure if the matchup is fair and some other things as well.

Blastoise learns Protect by leveling so he can protect agains any Steven attack; also Charizard can fly and get out of Steven range.

Steven powers are more defense than offensive

In the end i think that 6 pokemon will make Steven run out of energy since his stamina is just average

>His stamina is just average

Bruh Steven can just turtle shell in his bubble and wait for all of Red's pokemon to get tired, he doesnt need to expend energy

WeeklyBattles said:
>His stamina is just average
Bruh Steven can just turtle shell in his bubble and wait for all of Red's pokemon to get tired, he doesnt need to expend energy
With that logic Red can also sit down and wait for Steven to do something; I don´t think Red will keep attacking when he notice that Steven´s bubble can´t be destroy

So they just end up having a staring contest

Only problem is that Steven's bubble wont drop even if he decides to fall asleep, whereas Red does not have that luxury as his pokemon will eventually tire out as well

Demon Takumo 31 said:
With that logic Red can also sit down and wait for Steven to do something; I don´t think Red will keep attacking when he notice that Steven´s bubble can´t be destroy
Actually if he does that It's likely Steven could just convince him to stop fighting, he's pretty good at that.

Battle ends in incon from Steven convincing Red to stop attacking him as he doesnt want to hurt his pokemon and he knows Red doesnt want to see his pokemon get hurt either

WeeklyBattles said:
So they just end up having a staring contest
Only problem is that Steven's bubble wont drop even if he decides to fall asleep, whereas Red does not have that luxury as his pokemon will eventually tire out as well
There are 6 pokemon; one just can make guard and advice if Steven tries to do something

Demon Takumo 31 said:
There are 6 pokemon; one just can make guard and advice if Steven tries to do something
Red only fights with 1 at a time tho. Plus I dont see why he'd want to use all 6 on some random kid who doesn't even have any Pokemon.

Red only fights with 1 at a time tho. Plus I dont see why he'd want to use all 6 on some random kid who doesn't even have any Pokemon.

Only fights with one, but the others are in his pokeball ready to enter if needed. What i mean is: 1 pokemon making guard; other 5 in his pokeball

Back