• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Star Wars Discussion Thread

@Soldier

There's some statements in some EU books that "Not even the fastest moves in the galaxy can dodge a blaster", but every Jedi ever can.

Hypersonic+ fodder Jedi / Sith is fine.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Hypersonic+ fodder Jedi / Sith is fine.

Sniper rifles are supposedly capable of taking down targets out to 5 km. Makes senses then that their plasma bolts are at least 5 km/s. Since sniper rifles fall under the "heavy blaster rifle" category, this scales to all heavy blaster rifles (such as the DC-15s used by clone troopers and the A280 used by the Rebel Alliance).

Of course, this wouldn't scale to blaster carbines and blaster pistols (even heavy blaster pistol) since they're much less powerful.

So they've revealed a new heavy artillery walker and a new dreadnought (from the Mandator line no less). I'm honestly far more interested in that pizza slice dreadnought and it's orbital auto-cannons. I hope we finally get a proper orbital bombardment on screen (that inconsistent as hell nonsense in Zero Hour does not count in my book).

So my Inferno Squad book did not arrive and they have a problem with stock. I have to wait at least 8 days more.

The canon Star Wars comics that are consistently good are the Vader series, Aphra, mainline Star Wars series and pretty much anything else Sith related (like Maul). The others, like Poe Dameron, are consistently bland (not truly bad though) with occasional high points here and there. Well here's hoping the next issues pick up. I don't want this to flop. I want this to succeed so we can get future comics surrounding our good gents Plo Koon and Kit Fisto and of course lady Shaak Ti.

A new image revealed by the Sphero app shows that reverse side of the gigantic ship and indicates that The Supremacy ― in addition to docking can Star Destroyers ― can also repair and build new ships, making it an even more significant part of the First Order's power.

Seriously, why the hell didn't those pricks just build more dreadnoughts and such beasts instead of a bigger Death Star? If they had bothered to go with Thrawn's line of thinking (which was presented in the canon Thrawn novel) instead of Tarkin's outdated doctrine, they wouldn't be reeling right now and would have a sizeable fleet ready to kick ass.

Interesting... So the New Republic has a dreadnought which could be a Viscount-class. And it's called Raddus. Nice to know that magnificent bastard hasn't been forgotten.

Oh that guy.

I really need to catch up on the post-movie Disney stuff outside of Episode VII.

Hell, I need to catch up on all of the Disney EU.

You got any suggestions on good things to check out?

@Everlasting

Comics:
Vader series and main Star Wars series. I would also recommend checking out both of the Maul centric ones and Jedi of the Republic series. The Aphra series is also good. There are a bunch of others but you can get to them later.

Novels:
Lords of the Sith, Tarkin, Aftermath trilogy, Ahsoka, Thrawn (2017), Bloodlines, Lost Stars, Battlefront: Twilight Company, Battlefront: Inferno Squad.

About the Supremacy: Bets on whether some crazy desperate douchebag will fly his fighter right into the bridge in Episode IX?

I'm actually quite interested in the Tarkin novel, thanks for mentioning it.

Mace Windu has a comic series now. I only skimmed it, but it seems pretty good so far.

Also, apparnently Disney has plans to release stuff chronologically after Episode IX.

If they do Episodes X-XII, what the hell would they call it? Se-sequel trilogy?

hastagMakeRevan Canon, personally i think this trilogy should be the last and the rest of the movies after this be standalone that build upon the verse

Matthew Schroeder said:
Disney, do a Darth Bane Trilogy.
I would so love a Darth Bane anime style adaptation that is relatively more mature. They could stream it on their new service or Netflix (if they don't have a complete pull out on that platform).

Shadowbokunohero said:
hastagMakeRevan Canon, personally i think this trilogy should be the last and the rest of the movies after this be standalone that build upon the verse
I actually do not want to see a live action adaptation of the Old Republic era and Revan's saga. I would much prefer it in an animated format. We know that Filoni and his team are actually interested in making animated Revan and Bane stuff. I just hope they don't dumb it all down if they ever actually do it.

J J Abrams is going to helm Star Wars Episode IX.

And Lucasfilm announces a release date for Episode IX even though we don't have a new trailer for Last Jedi yet.

Finished the Inferno Squad novel.

Fun fact:
During a blaster training session, a user turns the blaster down to the lowest power setting so as to avoid blowing apart the large boulders in the area. On the minimum power setting, they only leave scorch marks.

^ Once and for all proves without a shadow of a doubt that even in Canon, directed energy weapons have different power settings and the yield difference between minimum and maximum power is magnitudes apart.

ahh i see, on a random note cause i think your a halo fan?.. im not sure but do you think in a hypothetical event the Flood could wipe out the star wars galaxy?

Depends on which kind of Flood we're talking here and what kind of intel the Star Wars galaxy already has.

If it's just the feral Flood from the Human-Covenant War era starting out fresh and the Star Wars galaxy has intel and is unified, they could somehow contain the threat. But they absolutely have to work together and absolutely have to have intel.

A fresh Flood threat with no warning or intel could overwhelm the Star Wars galaxy. And if it was the Flood at their peak (Human-Forerunner War and Forerunner-Flood War era Flood), then the Star Wars galaxy is bloody screwed. These Flood threatened a civilization hilariously more advanced and powerful than the Star Wars Galaxy we know.

Back