• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Star Rail Downgrade

I think the characters in the 3-C tier of Star Rails should be changed to 4-A.

In this thread, it is interpreted as 3-C tier because it is burning galaxies.

However, if you look at the original text, it doesn't say burning galaxies, it says burning a single galaxy.

Original.

If you look at the original picture, it says 星系. 星系 means a single galaxy. So, you're not burning galaxies, you're burning a single galaxy.

And we don't know how long it took to burn a single galaxy.

In the previous discussion, we interpreted that you can still get a 3-C tier even if you don't know how long it took, because

The latter HSR characters scale to 16.88 ExaFoe. Since it's explicitly mentioned to destroy galaxy(s) (plural under the context), 8.593 YottaFoe. With that stated, the joule value difference ratio is almost 10^6 which is one million. Let's say a single swing of katana takes 1-3 seconds; they'll need 11-33 days to destroy 2 galaxies. None of the characters has been shown to have that level of stamina and it's out of character for anyone to dedicate that much time to destroy stuff, therefore your line of logic does not work.

If you mean burning down galaxies, then you're right.
However, the original text doesn't say burning galaxies, so I don't think you can use that as a basis for your opinion.

Burning a single galaxy is 10.53 ZettaFoe, and you only need to be at 10.52 ZettaFoe to burn a galaxy over time.

Therefore, I believe that the 3-C characters in Star Rails should be downgraded to 4-A.

Agree: NARONG_SUVAN

Disagree: GarrixianXD

Last edited:
The term ”星系” can also mean “galaxies” in a plural sense and it actually makes sense to say “galaxies” in a plural sense under the given context. The fact that it straight-up said “星系” instead of ”此星系“,“该星系” or “银河系” that actually implies a singular galaxy, it should most likely translate to “galaxies” in a plural context. As for the statistics values, it’s listed as baseline because the true value of the AP is unquantified, therefore the baseline statistic value serves as the threshold value.

Anyways, yeah, I disagree with this with what I said above.

I agreed 4-A is enough to destroy galaxies overtime.

Also destroy multiple star systems at once is is weird Those star systems doesn’t even exist on the same space-time continuum

The term ”星系” can also mean “galaxies” in a plural sense and it actually makes sense to say “galaxies” in a plural sense under the given context. The fact that it straight-up said “星系” instead of ”此星系“,“该星系” or “银河系” that actually implies a singular galaxy, it should most likely translate to “galaxies” in a plural context. As for the statistics values, it’s listed as baseline because the true value of the AP is unquantified, therefore the baseline statistic value serves as the threshold value.

Anyways, yeah, I disagree with this with what I said above.

You said it was correct to interpret them as galaxies because of the difference in terminology,

Star Rail has used 星系 in the sense of a single galaxy before.

Photo.

In the photo, it is translated as 星系 galaxy.

You said it was correct to interpret them as galaxies because of the difference in terminology,

Photo.

The scan you provided says “该星系” which uses ”该” as an adjective, which transliterates to “that”. Therefore, translating it as “galaxy” as a singular noun is valid. It is different from the scan with the term “galaxies”, because it does not have “该” as an adjective unlike the scan you just presented.

Photo.

them using 星系 in a sense of single galaxy doenst mean they will use it everywhere,also you debunked yourself by saying they used this 星系 term in that scan when the EN translation also says single galaxy,while the 3-C scan also on EN says Galaxies as Garrixian explained with CN one, im siding with Garrixian here

The scan you provided says “该星系” which uses ”该” as an adjective, which transliterates to “that”. Therefore, translating it as “galaxy” as a singular noun is valid. It is different from the scan with the term “galaxies”, because it does not have “该” as an adjective unlike the scan you just presented.

Um, okay, so when you uploaded the scan, I didn't see the word 该, but there was a 该.
Now that my question is answered, I think we can close the thread.

Back