• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Star-nosed Mole vs Praying Mantis (CONCLUDED)

• Starting distance is 1.5 feet
  • Battle Location: Typical backyard
  • Neither are aggressive to each other during the beginning, and the Star-nosed mole isn't aware of the mantis yet.
  • SBA otherwise
Resetti: 7 (Hortonhearsahoot, Arceus0x, XSOULOFCINDERX, Dinamic8000, Epiccheev, JustANormalLemon, AThe1412)

Kung-fu bug: 1 (Sans2345)

Incon:

Last edited:
So Praying Mantis would most likely use its stealth and camoflauge to get the jump on Mole, but the Mole is a bit bigger than Praying Mantis, i'll just wait for more input.

So Praying Mantis would most likely use its stealth and camoflauge to get the jump on Mole, but the Mole is a bit bigger than Praying Mantis, i'll just wait for more input.
To be fair, the mole's senses are almost entirely built on touch rather than sight. I do think that the mantis would get the first hit, however

Seeing how The mole's senses are heavily reliant on touch and the praying mantis can ambush it, i'm voting for the mantis, it should give it the advantage to land a fatal blow that kills the mole.

Seeing how The mole's senses are heavily reliant on touch and the praying mantis can ambush it, i'm voting for the mantis, it should give it the advantage to land a fatal blow that kills the mole.
I would vote for the mole, because I doubt either can one-shot each other. Many animals with comparable or arguably inferior durability to star-nosed moles have been shown alive and struggling after a mantis's impact, and the mole has to fully eat the insect to win. Therefore, to me, this is a battle of who can trade the most blows. Considering the fact that they weigh 5x as much as the mantis, I don't think the star-nosed mole will have any trouble manhandling its opponent, even when grabbed.

I took Animal Powerscaling as my major in college.

Both downscale off Cat, but Praying D. Mantis has far higher mobility aboveground, and piercing damage, despite not being the tank that Mole is. Leaning Mantis via sword arms.

I would agree, but the mole just isn't likely to be one-shotted. If it isn't immediately taken care of by one grapple, then it'll simply toss the mantis around like play-dough. If you've seen one eating earthworms (which generally weigh more than mantises), you'll know what I mean. What I do find interesting is that they have very similar speed in reactions, though. If I may ask (pretty new to forums) does leaning mean you decided to vote for the character or unofficially see them as the winner?

I would agree, but the mole just isn't likely to be one-shotted. If it isn't immediately taken care of by one grapple, then it'll simply toss the mantis around like play-dough. If you've seen one eating earthworms (which generally weigh more than mantises), you'll know what I mean. What I do find interesting is that they have very similar speed in reactions, though. If I may ask (pretty new to forums) does leaning mean you decided to vote for the character or unofficially see them as the winner?
Leaning means I'm currently in favor of one, not fully sure.

Back