• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Plus how likely is shifu to mention his hair, not even insult, just mention it haphazardly, a mere mention can set Josuke off if he takes it to mean something demeaning to it (and apoligizing doesn't work or even saying that isn't what you intended), and we're talking a rage boost that early on made him go from 0.05 tons+ to 8-C+, of course this also applies when Josuke gets angry for any reason like his friends being harmed, desperation, and so on, but the hair just so happens to be an instant piss off button.
I don't think it's likely for Shifu to say anything during the fight against someone he doesn't know. Even then, it's usually just responding to what they say rather than anything personal.

Shifu didn't even insult Kai or Tai lung nor Po during their entire training despite Po failing doesn't of times during the early begining of the movies I'm sure he'd have more feats from Kung Fu Panda Legends of Awesomeness I need to rewatch that show.

I reiterated like three times it doesn't even have to be an insult, merely just mentioning it and Josuke taking it the wrong way is enough.

Him not insulting Po isn't really the same when he's actively trying his best not to be a complete asshole to him, and early on he was snarky as **** while training, just hidden behind a bunch of sarcasm, so that's not exactly true.
After that is a bit different because why would he say shit like that at that point? He's friends with the dude at that point.

And is there a reason why my question still hasn't been answered, because as it is right now, Shifu is fighting an invisible punch ghost that's likely nearly twice as strong as him (assuming end of part) that he can't see, hear or even sense and would just get stronger if Josuke starts getting mad. And I doubt he's going to get around it to attack Josuke if he can't even see where it is or to avoid its strikes (and god forbid CD fastballs him or does what SP did to SHA).
Not to mention the versatility of what Josuke can do with his ability to help him out.

If Shifu wants to win, he needs to get past CD, yet he wouldn't even know CD is a thing and even when he realizes there's an invisible force punching him in the dick, he can't exactly do anything to pinpoint him, don't you think that's a bit of a issue?

Shifu both has no reason to mention it and hasn't mentioned something like that based on his fights in canon. So no, he won't be commenting on Josuke's hair. I've got no real opinion on the rest of the match yet, just wanted clarification on the NPI thing.

Shifu both has no reason to mention it and hasn't mentioned something like that based on his fights in canon.
no reason
w̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶a̶b̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶f̶a̶c̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶h̶a̶i̶r̶ ̶s̶t̶y̶l̶e̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶s̶i̶m̶p̶l̶y̶ ̶j̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶r̶e̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶b̶a̶d̶
And probably, though I don't think he's ever fought someone where their appearance is something subjugated to actual questioning, and the time he did, or at least was faced with it, he was snarky as **** about it, maybe he learned his lesson at that point given his snarky and sarcastic attitude was proven to be misplaced, but it did in fact happen.

Though this doesn't actually explain how Shifu beats and gets to a dude when he needs to get by something he can't even properly fight while having a strength disadvantage at that.
And still, my question.

Hairstyle being bad seems more like an opinion at this point. For instance Well Po is really fat and failed numuerous tests Shifu never insulted his apperace instead said if he failed to teach him then he failed himself 5:40 this implies that being a Kung Fu Master Shifu is interested in martial art and potential rather than apperance or else he'd kicked Po right from the get go.

Hairstyle being bad seems more like an opinion at this point.
It is an opinion, but one that's a consistent running gag throughout the whole of the part, Josuke getting mad at even the slight provocation of his hair aint just a one time thing. Though besides that, anger through other means is also a viable way to get a boost, as I outlined above already.

Well Po is really fat and failed numuerous tests Shifu never insulted his apperace instead said if he failed to teach him then he failed himself
I've seen the movie, maybe like a decade ago, but I have seen it, for the first chunk of the movie he was being snarky and sarcastic as ****, he didnt go "wow youre fat and suck" straight to his face but he definitely was hinting at his feelings behind a thinly veiled attempt of hiding it, he was also trying to scare him off, he kinda changed his attitude because his master just died and it was his last wish atop of seeing him do some funky things for food when he ran into basically tell him as such.

he'd kicked Po right from the get go.
I'm like 99% sure he was quite literally trying to do that till turtle man died.

Also, again, dude can't even see CD, that's a huge tremendous issue that would blatantly change the outcome of the match. **** the hair thing, this one is far more important.

I don't really think CD is going to one-shot per se, Shifu upscales a fair bit from the Building level he scales to, he fought Kai who is 8-B, and he took many hits from EoS Legends of Awesomeness bloodlusted Po who stomped the Furious Five in a few seconds.

Wait so if Shifu can't interact with CD then what happens if CD blocks an attack from Shifu, does Shifu just pass through it?

I don't really think CD is going to one-shot per se,

Who said one shot? Doesn't change the fact he has a blatant power advantage though.

Shifu upscales a fair bit from the Building level he scales to,

By an arbitrary and unquantifiable amount. CD is the same mind you, he gets progressively stronger as time went on by an unknown amount, my points remains completely the same.

he fought Kai who is 8-B,

And got his ass kicked which is why he evidently doesn't scale to 8-B.

and he took many hits from EoS Legends of Awesomeness bloodlusted Po who stomped the Furious Five in a few seconds.

Which is why he's only 8-C? Sounds to me like nobody is actually properly evaluating the verse, that or he doesn't scale. It's one or the other here.

Wait so if Shifu can't interact with CD then what happens if CD blocks an attack from Shifu, does Shifu just pass through it?

Unless CD wants to body block him, yeah, his attacks would phase through CD unless CD says no and blocks it, but that wouldn't even matter, Shifu can't even perceive CD, CD can just stand like a inch to the side of him and his attacks and grab him or punch him in the face whenever he tries to get close to Josuke, keeping him out of range at all times while wearing him down as he tries to get in but can't because something keeps tossing him away with a heavy blow or few dozen, and Shifu can't react or avoid said blows because how would he? Doesn't know where they're coming from, doesn't know when it'd be coming, doesn't even really know what is hitting him.

Not denying CD's power advantage, just that it's not a huge one and that if that was all CD had over Shifu then Shifu could work around it.

But if Shifu really can't see or touch CD then ig that's acceptable enough for me to say Josuke wins.

Not denying CD's power advantage, just that it's not a huge one and that if that was all CD had over Shifu then Shifu could work around it.

It ranges from 1.4 to 1.9x advantage, it's not one shot tier, but it's decent enough. And Shifu could work around it with skill I'd assume based on the setting, but that only works if he can actually see the thing he's trying to outskill.

But if Shifu really can't see or touch CD then ig that's acceptable enough for me to say Josuke wins.

Well maybe he could, but given the multitude of times that I've asked the question regarding those ghosts' context and nobody's given me a answer, I'm inclined to say he can't at this point.

The ghosts are basically departed souls who possess phasing abilities without shifting their physical appearance, but also have the ability to turn invisible where no one can see them

Cool, and can they see them while they're invisible. and not just when they're manifested?
And if so, do you have a scan.

No, they can't see them while they're invisible.

Honestly this is convincing me to maybe make a separate key for Shifu as a hopping ghost, as he possesses a bunch of one-off abilities like the aforementioned invisibility and phasing.

Ok then that answers that question, he wouldn't be able to see CD who is always innately invisible even while manifested. Thanks for answering it.

Which is why he's only 8-C? Sounds to me like nobody is actually properly evaluating the verse, that or he doesn't scale. It's one or the other here.
I'm fixing the scaling in a thread soon, Shifu is likely getting higher into 8-C.

I need to recount all th votes I'm kinda lil busy right now can someone mention all the votes for Josuke here.

Back