• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
  • Both 8-C
  • Speed equalised
  • Josuke: 5
  • Shifu:
  • Inconclusive: 0

novUtGE.png
STSLc0E.png

Last edited:
Can people who see ghosts see Stands? Might help a fair bit.

Anyway I think I wanna vote for Shifu, he has several techniques that can end the fight very quick, like the Golden Lotus Clap to blind Josuke, the Five-Fingered Blast Punch to Killer Queen him, or the Finger Hold to send him to the Spirit Realm, and Josuke seems to lack similar quick fight-ending abilities. Shifu is also more skilled and more agile for what it's worth.

Shifu, since Josuke's only advantage over Shifu is speed and since speed is equalized that advantage is pretty much gone. More experienced, more options, yadayada.. Shifu wins.

Is nobody gonna bring up the obvious issues here or...?

**** seeing a Stand, he can't even interact with it, he doesn't even have NPI.
Plus there's the issue of if for some reason, at all, his hair gets brought up, Josuke can one shot, and quite easily at that.

Plus there's the issue of if for some reason, at all, his hair gets brought up, Josuke can one shot, and quite easily at that.
I think there should be specified which key is used then.

I think there should be specified which key is used then.
It is, 8C key is used, his hair being a touchy topic or his anger amping his is a thing within all keys though.

Well, even if Shifu could see Crazy Diamond, he still can't interact with it. So, Dorararararararararara

His second key is 8-C without being angry.
Yes, that's the key we're using.
And if he gets angry in that key, (Shifu so much as looks at his hair wrong), he's getting a rage amp.

He does have non-physical interaction though?
He clearly was able to punch the hopping ghosts, it's even on his profile.

Anyway, Shifu isn't really the type of guy to insult people's appearance after the first movie, so I doubt he's going to do a hair insult.

What is enough, then.

Actually, why is it necessary for Shifu to interact with Crazy Diamond, can't he just target and hax-win against Josuke himself?

Last edited:
Shifu's fighting style is all about agile dashing around and hit/run tactics, if he sees that he's being attacked by something he can't see he'll dash away and use techniques like the Golden Lotus Clap to blind Josuke and potentially Crazy Diamond (since the technique blinds anyone who looks at it directly).
Shifu also has pretty strong hearing so he might still be able to move around CD's punches to some extent.

Shifu's fighting style is all about agile dashing around and hit/run tactics, if he sees that he's being attacked by something he can't see he'll dash away and use techniques like the Golden Lotus Clap to blind Josuke and potentially Crazy Diamond (since the technique blinds anyone who looks at it directly).
Shifu also has pretty strong hearing so he might still be able to move around CD's punches to some extent.
He literally cannot Perceive CD at all with any of his senses, so he's not dodging with hearing.

No, I'm asking why in this specific instance a greater form of NPI is required.

No, I'm asking why in this specific instance a greater form of NPI is required.
man, NPI is not all the same, and not even incorporeality is the same, there are incorporealities that are deeper aspects. Mind and soul are not on the same level, neither is the will

Because that be like Stands do, not that it matters.
I aint seeing ESP on that profile so he can't see, hear or sense CD and my questions haven't even been answered regarding the ghosts in context.
Actually, why is it necessary for Shifu to interact with Crazy Diamond, can't he just target and hax-win against Josuke himself?
How's he targeting Josuke when CD just slaps him in the face whenever he tries? With said slaps hurting beyond just a bit. (Hell given Shifu's size, CD could unironically toss him into orbit).
Explicitly unable to hear Stands without being a Stand user, it's actually how Nero figured out Doppio had a Stand, Doppio looked in the direction of Aerosmith thinking it was a car, it wasn't, it was a Stand. This was a huge **** up on Doppio's end and resulted in Nero nearly killing him.
He clearly was able to punch the hopping ghosts, it's even on his profile.

Anyway, Shifu isn't really the type of guy to insult people's appearance after the first movie
And I'm asking, in the actual context of the verse, are they actually invisible, or is it like some casper the friendly ghost type of ghost, where anyone can see them and they aren't innately always invisible, because mind you, just because theyre ghosts, doesn't mean theyre always invisible, a baffling amount of characters with ESP fail to realize this. Like, Po's from Zelda, being ghosts, is another example given literally anyone can see them while manifested. (Of course there are actual invisible ghosts in zelda but my point is, that isn't always the case).

Doesn't matter if he insults, Josuke just has to think he did, it can be almost anything, if Shifu so much as mentions it and it isn't a straightforward impossible to confuse compliment, it's being taken as a insult.

man, NPI is not all the same, and not even incorporeality is the same, there are incorporealities that are deeper aspects. Mind and soul are not on the same level, neither is the will
None of this answers my question. What gives stands a "deeper" non-corporeality than standard ghosts?

None of this answers my question. What gives stands a "deeper" non-corporeality than standard ghosts?
Things with NPI in verse being able to interact with ghosts but not stands is what I'd assume he's likely referring to.

**** at this point it's probably best to just create a Stand physiology blog for future reference.

ghosts are just souls, while stands aren't just souls. you got it?
No, that's extremely vague.

Things with NPI in verse being able to interact with ghosts but not stands is what I'd assume he's likely referring to.

**** at this point it's probably best to just create a Stand physiology blog for future reference.
That would make more sense, assuming that you mean physical interaction.

That would make more sense, assuming that you mean physical interaction.
That would be what I meant yes, probably is best to do a blog on this, given this comes up surprisingly often, probably get around to it after the next CRT.
But in the meantime, Shifu lacks ESP, he can't see, hear or sense CD, he wouldn't even know what's happening, and the "he can see ghosts" point is good and all, but my question regarding that hasn't actually been answered.

Plus how likely is shifu to mention his hair, not even insult, just mention it haphazardly, a mere mention can set Josuke off if he takes it to mean something demeaning to it (and apoligizing doesn't work or even saying that isn't what you intended), and we're talking a rage boost that early on made him go from 0.05 tons+ to 8-C+, of course this also applies when Josuke gets angry for any reason like his friends being harmed, desperation, and so on, but the hair just so happens to be an instant piss off button.

Back