• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Stability Feat Issues: The Do's, Don'ts & How We Should Handle Them

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the structure of the page is kind of weird.

Honestly, I don't think the Possible Uses section and Possible Limitation section need to be there, the rules already explain what makes a stabilization feat valid or invalid.

I think it would be best to order it like this:
  • Stabilization Heading with a summary + Image
  • Stabilization Rules
  • Viable and Unviable stabilization feats with numerous examples for both and each list being clearly named as which is valid and which isn't.
That would be a better look for the page, imo.
Do you still have these reccomendations in mind Warren?

Looking back at the suggestions, I personally think listing the possible limitations should be fine to have as they would give people visiting the site more insightful examples of how stabilization feats can be invalid. IMO.

What does everyone else think?

There is nothing to apologize for, I am just saying that I don't care if they are kept or not.

Whatever the case, if it is fine.

Then use it.

I also think that the current version of the draft seems fine, except for that it may need more examples, and that I made some minor cosmetic modifications.

Thank you for helping out.

I don't think Kami and Shenron should be Unviable Example. Kami is currently rated as being stronger than Shenron. I don't believe Dende was Porunga's creator. I think it is best to remove this Unviable Example. Dende did create a new Shenron from what I know, after his training.

Last edited:
I don't Kami and Shenron should be Unviable Example. Kami is currently rated as being stronger than Shenron. I don't believe Dende was Porunga's creator. I think it is best to remove this Unviable Example. Dende did create a new Shenron from what I know, after his training.
Yeah Dende created Shenron as the new god of earth. I added him and Kami as their status as gods to show you can be linked to someone/something without being connected via power.

But if you want to remove that part off the page, that’s perfectly fine.

Magic is different from Ki so it’s very possible that Dende could just have powerful magic. Shenron is based on his creator’s power anyway, which in this case, is magic.

We should change how the summary calls "Stabilization" a type of feat, Stabilization is just a word. The page should be called "Stability Feats Standards" and the summary should explain what we mean by Stability/Stabilization in context, which is not the same.

We should change how the summary calls "Stabilization" a type of feat, Stabilization is just a word. The page should be called "Stability Feats Standards" and the summary should explain what we mean by Stability/Stabilization in context, which is not the same.
If you want to make that edit, I would be fine with that too

Good point. Agreed.

Before we create the page, does anybody here know of any more viable examples?

I would like to suggest as an example for Viable Examples the Four Holy Beasts (Digimon). I think it fits with all the Requirements. The feats are already in their profiles (And also blogs), but if it's necessary to check more, looking at the requirements I have this to say:

Requirement 1: It sustains the balance of the Digital World and all other worlds, basically their power is what keeps the multiverse from not collapsing into nothingness.

Requirement 2: We know that their "great power" is what makes that possible, that is concentrated in their Digicores (Their essences and life force) and if such power weakens, so does the structure of the multiverse and anyone that taps into that power is using power that "was supposed to prevent the worlds to being destroyed".

Requirement 3: This power is exactly preventing the total destruction of the Digital and all others worlds from being destroyed. Beings with power comparable with them uses such power to destroy worlds and when their power was being used by such equals, it was used to completely destroy and reshape all of "earth and heavens" into a completely new world bringing a new harmony to space and time.

Requirement 4: Such feats are common for being at the level of the Four Holy Beasts. Not only they also have another feat of creating their own layer of existence above various layers of multiple parallel worlds, but as already stated, being with power similar to them (That they can maintain a good fight for hundred of years) can completely reshape and destroy reality and a lot of other being that scales to them (Either by being superior or by being a bit inferior) also have various feats of creating and destroying reality at the level that the Four Holy Beasts maintain the balance of the worlds.

The description for them could be:

The Four Holy Beasts (Digimon) for maintaining the Digital World and other worlds with their Digicores

Agreed. And to add in a smaller additional point, with Digimon having a 2-A (now 1-C) multiverse, preventing the destruction of infinite worlds and higher d spaces on any level would still be in those tiers on some level.

Either way, those are great examples Ex. Thanks. I will add them to the page.

Would Magolor from Kirby also be a viable example? I read on his page that his dimension collapses 2x when he is deefated by Kirby, implying that part of his rating uses a stability feat.

I personally think that adding exemple which won't work is also a good idea.

@ProfessorKukui4Life Dunno, since the only evidence in it is that he somewhat maintain the dimension but we don't know if it's linked to his power or his life (if it change something?).

Okay. Perhaps Magolor could have his own thread later on to discuss that.

If there are no more current suggestions to make, i'll go make the page now and add in the new Digimon feats as examples for good-stability feats.

I renamed the page to Stabilisation Feats, as that is much more in line with our standard naming conventions.

I also locked the page, changed the spelling to international English, and added links to it to the front page of the wiki and the navigation bar.

I renamed the page to Stabilisation Feats, as that is much more in line with our standard naming conventions.

I also locked the page, changed the spelling to international English, and added links to it to the front page of the wiki and the navigation bar.
I thought it was stabilization with a Z? Does international english use S?

If this is incorrect, I can change it back to stabilization though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back