• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Spy X Family Speed Calc Downgrade

Pretty sure we determined that the spear thrust here wasn't done by a random ordinary bloke in another CRT dedicated to this feat.

Read my other points mainly the last one
Just because one verse has it going one way doesn't mean the same works here. We don't do that kind of whataboutism here.

Also nobody evaluated your thread either, and it is very poorly formatted.

I did, and I have not found anything there that relates to this feat.
It does

the speed of the speer is 12m/s and the distance between Yor and the spear is 0.00544628818m, so timeframe is 0.0079734219269103/12= 0.00544628818s. However there is ZERO evidence to suggest that Yor was moving 0.46688259107mm within 0.00544628818s timeframe. She could just dodge by matching the other guy's pacing. If we were to compare Yor's initial position to her final position, we'd also have to take in the full distance moved by the other guy, not just the distance between Yor and his spear. This is why the calc is wrong

I did, and I have not found anything there that relates to this feat.

How? Agnaa's entire point was that, if you want to compare the initial position to the final movement of the character dodging the projectile, you'd have to take the full distance moved by the projectile too.

How? Agnaa's entire point was that, if you want to compare the initial position to the final movement of the character dodging the projectile, you'd have to take the full distance moved by the projectile too.
Velocity drop is a thing you know.

It does

the speed of the speer is 12m/s and the distance between Yor and the spear is 0.00544628818m, so timeframe is 0.0079734219269103/12= 0.00544628818s. However there is ZERO evidence to suggest that Yor was moving 0.46688259107mm within 0.00544628818s timeframe. She could just dodge by matching the other guy's pacing.
You would still have to account for a safe dodge so as not to get scraped by the spear. I think I remember calculating exactly how much she would have to move to avoid it completely.

If we were to compare Yor's initial position to her final position, we'd also have to take in the full distance moved by the other guy, not just the distance between Yor and his spear. This is why the calc is wrong
Better way would be to find out the minimum distance she'd have to move to not be scraped by it.

You would still have to account for a safe dodge so as not to get scraped by the spear. I think I remember calculating exactly how much she would have to move to avoid it completely.

Better way would be to find out the minimum distance she'd have to move to not be scraped by it.
A safe assumption without any calcing would be around 5ish cm, this calc is long gone, the need to pixel scale it is un needed since its obvious the no scrape zone is less then 5 cm

At this point I don't really care about the op in particular but will still respond to some things for the future.
Idk why your pixel scaling to her hair? Like her hair is gonna change
That was because that part of her hair in both images tend to be in the same area in general (the above part of her eyes) through all three images so it works as point of reference.
for the speed he used 12 m/s ?? Why not use 8 m/s (The average)
Because the dude that made the thrust is part of her same super assassin group (he is actually her boss) that is stated to be able to single-handedly sweep military groups, so to use the peak human end is something perfectly reasonable (even more when considering how random people, kids and old people already have peak to superhuman feats), this is completely different to say for example that the thrust was moving at 34.4m/s because the character scale above Subsonic characters or because the spear is a bit blurry like you do in your TR calcs.
Also the same reasons as the Yu calc (https://vsbattles.com/threads/the-boxer-supersonic-downgrade.155522), also There's no evidence to suggest that she moved her upper body 45degs within that timeframe
This is the only part I genuinely don't understand of your argument, like the image seem quite clear to me with all the pixelscaling to get the distances, I don't get why would be prefered to use a just assumed distance of 5cm without pixelscaling when there is the more accurate option of pixelscaling, on top of the fact that she evidently bended her back a considerable amount which would happen if she only needed to move her head 5cm back (for that only the neck would had moved and her tails wouldn't had reached above her head from the movement), and even additionally to that come the fact that 5cm isn't even an "obvious no scrape zone" because if you look at the head of the spear you would notice how the force of the spear generated a pressure that reached beyond the spear size so by moving only 5cm her face wouldn't had be at a safe distance.

Back