• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Spy x Family General Discussion

Hello everyone, I recently watched The Spy x Family Code White movie, and I'd say its pretty good, big banger no lie and the animation goes hard.
A perfect comparison for this movie is probably a Glorified Extra Chapter, and its a great one at that that is pretty funny while having those serious moments. If we treat this like an Extra chapter its probably the second best, only behind Twilight's backstory.

Things noted in this movie (Spoiler Alert):
If you are hoping for Attack Potency stuff, well uh there's sadly nothing much although there's this one feat when Yor is fighting the Cyborg dude, the metal floor gets wrecked although the scene happens so fast that I couldn't fully understand it, so don't keep your hopes high.

Also the new God Tier in terms of AP/Durability is the new enemy Yor faces off, her attacks wasn't able to do jack shit and was no selling all of Yor's attacks to the point she couldn't do anything, so the best thing she was able to do was to burn/explode the guy to death.

There's a lot of speed feats in the movie. It's literally Speed the movie since it has Yor dodging a shitton of bullets and Loid's movement speed is somehow gassed up
This shot from the trailer of Loid having super speed, this movie has a lot of feats Loid doing this, literally eyeballing it he can cross 10 meters rather easily
Loid_Speed.gif

Literally Loid did this through sheer fast speed, weaving through random mfs on the street so he could get the ingredients for a recipe.
image0.gif

Loid has new Marksmanship feats in this movie.
get-ready-to-go-to-hell-baby-gif-5626101195760463653.gif

In this scene, Loid is in the amusement park and trying to get the orange syrup in this carnival game, the owner of this stand essentially rigged the game by having metal stands behind the rewards, making it impossible to fall over to win due to the metal stands supporting. So Loid took a crack shot at this and angled his shot in a way that the toy gun would ricochet off something and have multiple of the rewards to fall off the shelf and win, easily wrecking the cheater.

Another Marksmanship feat Loid showcases is in this scene when he confronts the Colonel
Loid_Gun.gif

While the enemies were taking cover, Loid managed to aim his shot properly that it would ricochet off the walls and hit the enemy that is hiding behind the cover, so that's great marksmanship right there.

Loid shows some CQC in the movie against the Colonel, being able to easily weave through his attacks and used some sort of Restraining skill technique, whatever you call it in order to choke the colonel out, its short yet excellent i love the color palette of this fight.
Loid_Fight.gif

ALSO ALSO! The reason why the Color Palette is like this is because Loid on the fly managed to disguise himself to look like the Colonel, although this was due to the poison gas smoke used by the colonel, and thanks to Anya's help the windows of the ship were opened, allowing Loid to survive that confrontation. Still, during that time he quickly created a facemask disguise to look like the Colonel completely, telling the soldiers to retreat while disguised as the Colonel after he won.

Also this Movie makes some weird canonicity thing, like we all know this is written by Endo and its canon since he did write it, supervised it, and did that Code White files thing to celebrate the movie's release, the movie had Loid flashback to this shot for like a second
image0.jpg

So how are we treating that? This entire sequence is anime only so maybe if we can argue it can be somewhat canon to the profiles, we can finally put the epic acrobatics and marksmanship stuff in his profiles.

There are still so much more like Yor acrobatics and all, hopefully this movie hits digital soon so we can all discuss this more thoroughly :)
If we could argue that the movie is canon to the main storyline of the manga, we could use feats from the movie similar to My Hero Academia

This is making interesting in watching the full movie whenever that will be

If we could argue that the movie is canon to the main storyline of the manga, we could use feats from the movie similar to My Hero Academia

This is making interesting in watching the full movie whenever that will be
The Speed Feats would 100% be good and the Loid stuff would be awesome as well, I wouldn't be surprise if one of them is Hypersonic, like there has to be one.

Just saw the movie, pretty nutty speed feats ngl...

It's canon though?
Written by Endo
Supervised by Endo
Celebrated the movie with the Code White Files that has general information of the movie and the series in general.
I'd say canon until stated otherwise, there's nothing contradictory in here.

Back