• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Spy x Family General Discussion

Merry Christmas from the Forgers

wall_pc_1224.jpg

So, since I began to read the manga recently I'm also rewatching simultaneously the anime not only to enjoy again this masterpiece of entertainment but also to see feats, and looking again at the dodgeball episode I got curious if someone had calculated (or tried to) the feats throwing the ball.

The one from the kid (Bill) is something that would scale to Damian, who also btw was able to make steam come out from throwing a ball and broke the sound barrier (and Bill also seemed to do that various times in the game). This would likely also end scaling to Anya since she is able to hurt/make cry Damian with one hit, and even the rest of professionaly trained adults should scale since kids in verse can do crazy things like this.

Quite amazing mission 15 honestly.

So, since I began to read the manga recently I'm also rewatching simultaneously the anime not only to enjoy again this masterpiece of entertainment but also to see feats, and looking again at the dodgeball episode I got curious if someone had calculated (or tried to) the feats throwing the ball.

The one from the kid (Bill) is something that would scale to Damian, who also btw was able to make steam come out from throwing a ball and broke the sound barrier (and Bill also seemed to do that various times in the game). This would likely also end scaling to Anya since she is able to hurt/make cry Damian with one hit, and even the rest of professionaly trained adults should scale since kids in verse can do crazy things like this.

Quite amazing mission 15 honestly.
I don’t believe anybody have attempted those anime feats as of yet

Doing a quick math a dodgeball weight in average 140g=0.14kg, and the speed of sound is 343m/s, so:

KE = 0.5 * 0.14 * 343^2 = 8235.43 joules (9-C+), so at the very least all the throws with sonic booms give those numbers, but pretty sure that Bill throw against the streetlight give higher results (since it bended the streetlight after break four wood targets).

I don't think that's breaking the sound barrier.
They made a big sound, generated a lot of wind and there even looked to be a membrane of air, that seem like breaking the sound barrier (specially watching it slowed down) but just in case could be asked a calc member if indeed that is enough to use 343m/s (of course after new year because one would need to be really bad in the head to bother people with things like that at a time like this).

Back