• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sportacus VS Minecraft Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sportacus via sports candy (Should counter Steve's potions as they also increase multiple characteristics at once) and Steve's splash potions, bow, TNT, and any other ranged options will be rendered useless in a close quarters fights

Using potions, golden apples, and other consumables would be nearly impossible in an actual close quarters fight too

Sportacus via reasons above

Sportacus is also a lot more flexible compared to the restricted blocky Steve, and can pull off a lot better moves in close quarter fights

Being "Blocky" is gameplay mechanics, and likely not an argument.

As for me, I'd give it to Steve. Sportacus has nearly no experience fighting competent opponents, nevermind armed ones with better ranged attacks, and a variety of buff. His only advantage are the candies, which I doubt would help counter all of his disadvantages much.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
Being "Blocky" is gameplay mechanics, and likely not an argument.
As for me, I'd give it to Steve. Sportacus has nearly no experience fighting competent opponents, nevermind armed ones with better ranged attacks, and a variety of buff. His only advantage are the candies, which I doubt would help counter all of his disadvantages much.
Well, steve has never really had as many joints as a human, its just how Minecraft people are, less flexible, not really game mechanics,

Sportacus has his own arms, and if hes a master of sports, its most likely he is pretty good at fencing or martial arts, of which involve weaponry.

Yes, it is gameplay mechanic. There is no official "minecraft people" biology.

You can't assume that if he never did any martial arts in the series. And his "arms" doesn't seem to match up pretty well against swords and bows.

Sportacus "fenced" with Robbie. By "fenced", I mean he kept hitting Robbie in the butt with his fencing sword and Robbie was to dumb to fight back. Like Saikou said, we just can't assume that Sportacus is good at martial arts.

Saying Steve is "blocky" is like saying the Terrarian is 2-Dimensional.

Sportacus:

+Sports candy likely boosts his stats tremendously all-around, and IIRC his 7-C feat was done casually and without them

+Ridiculous range advantage via hitting an apple to the moon

+Likely more adept at dodging projectiles at close range, as he can keep up with his zeppelin's practice sequence

+Far more athletic

-Steve's potions would nerf him quite a bit, since eating junk food knocks him unconscious

Steve:

+Likely better at close-quarters-combat

+His projectiles are more practical and competent (Arrows and potions vs hard fruit)

+WAY more experienced

+More versatile

I'm going to have to give it to Steve. The 'blocky' thing, even if true, doesn't really restrict Steve's movement since he can still swing his arms around in all directions and perform tasks normally (or at least as close as you can get to normal in Minecraft).

I'd give it to sports. While Steve does have better projectiles, Sportacus is more adept at dodging him going by the stuff I mentioned above; he can keep up with his zeppelin's practice sequences, and he has extreme athletic ability. So he'd have no trouble avoiding Steve's arrows when approaching him, and Steve wouldn't really be able to run away when Sportacus has already boosted his speed via sports candy.

They're relatively even at base (18.3 kilotons at the very least vs 25 kilotons) but Sports can increase his stats immensely, which may or may not give him a stat advantage over Steve.

So he'd probably overpower steve in CQC and would approach him pretty easily as well. This isn't even taking into account Sportacus' own projectiles.

Steve, quite handily.

Sportacus, as athletic as he is, doesn't possess considerable combat experience or true skill in combat. In fact, his "fights" with Robbie Rotten can barely be considered fights at all, with the closest thing to getting blow-to-blow with each other was Sportacus kicking Robbie's ass. Literally. Compared to Steve, who is a quite accomplished swordsman and hand-to-hand fighter, he lacks the combat skill. Combine that with the sword enchantments (Knockback will keep Sportacus a fair bit away from Steve, Flame will just light Sportacus on fire with every single attack, Sharpness will cause ridiculous damage...), the shield, Steve's versatility plus the fact that Steve can cause a REALLY huge dent on Sportacus even before he can get on range (Building Iron Golems, shooting enchanted arrows, placing TNT and hurling poisoning, insta-harming & weakening potins), makes Steve take this fight kinda easily.

Also, I'd like to note that while Sports Candy boosts Sports' physical stats, the same can be said about Steve with his potions. Not only that, but with Enchanted Gold Apples and stuff, he gets a really boosted Regenerationn as well.

Still giving it to Steve and I repeat my arguments.

Sportacus only has strengths on his side. Sportacus almost never seriously fights, and most of his "techniques" aren't made for combat. There is no way his athletic abilities would let him keep up reliably with an experienced warrior who not only has far better versatility but also has actual weapons and large boosts in power too (Potions and golden apples).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back