• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If there's another Spongebob CRT going on at this time, then I'm sorry.

This is just covering a relatively minor addition.

In the episode "The String", Spongebob gets ahold of a piece of string. As he tugs on the string, it unravels anything it's attached to. In the episode this included things like Mr. Krab's money, clothes, a boat, a glass dome, a road, Bikini Bottom, a human fisherman, the iconic island, and then finally the galaxy/universe, turning them all into part of the string.

Assuming the hax the String provides is already on there (probably some kind of deconstruction/transmutation), perhaps there could be a range upgrade to galactic/universal with the String, or potentially a new rating for the String itself, as this is its only appearance.

I never watched the episode. Going off how you explained it, I'd see it as Reality Warping but I guess deconstruction/transmutation works. If he unraveling the galaxy/universe (whichever) then yes, his range should be upgraded via the string.

It looks to me more like universal reality warping or erasure, because at the end the string is still very thin and not actually that long, like it would be if the entire universe had been converted into the string.

And I do think it's universal, he destroys a galaxy for scale, but then he destroys all of space, leaving only a white "void".

I just used galaxy as a conservative estimate, but I feel like the intention was for it to be the whole universe, yeah.

The real question is if this should be applied, and where. To his base? Just to his equipment? As a seperate key?

I feel like it should be applied as a piece of optional equipment in the same vein as the Magic Book and the Trident, although if this were to be given a rating it should just be an addendum to his base rating, like "3-A with the String".

I messaged one of the mods from the Spongebob supporter page. This would be a massive upgrade to Spongebob, the most powerful character right now is only small star.

Could also just be universal range with the String's abilities.

Either way it seems too blatant to ignore outright.

Also wouldn't scale to physicals at all.

The string should maybe be optional equipment, with a "at least multi-galactic, likely universal" range due to the white void.

Should space hax since it turned stuff into a small line, don't think it fits for any other ability.

Could also just be universal range with the String's abilities.

Either way it seems too blatant to ignore outright.

Also wouldn't scale to physicals at all.
Well I'm wondering if it applies at all, since he didn't get to choose what it unraveled, he was just following the string which already existed, and then this is just a really specific event, and not really an equipment at all.

That's also true.

Granted, Spongebob had a string on himself, and the String started from Squidward, so maybe it's just that everyone has a String on them that Spongebob can pull.

That's also true.

Granted, Spongebob had a string on himself, and the String started from Squidward, so maybe it's just that everyone has a String on them that Spongebob can pull.
Wasn't it confirmed in a relatively new episode that Spongebob has multiple realities?

The one with the creepypasta reference, or am I remembering it wrong?

Did not know that.

The creepypasta one I think was in the episode where the characters traveled to Weirdland or whatever it's called.

Did not know that.

The creepypasta one I think was in the episode where the characters traveled to Weirdland or whatever it's called.
Weirdland, thank you, I couldn't remember it for the life of me. Some other examples include the alternate realities were Mr. Crabs and Planktons roles were switched, the one where Spongebob never existed, etc. All I'm getting at is that this might've occured in one of those alternate realities, which is now destroyed (except for Patrick). If that's true, is it even relevant anymore?

I guess, but.
Nothing about the reality shown in this episode is radically different from the reality that Spongebob usually takes place in.
Plus a lot of cartoons have episodes that end with characters destroying the universe or planet or something, and then everything is fine in the next episode. Lack of continuity is kind of a hallmark of shows like this. So I wouldn't put too much stock in it.

This was rejected already, it's not something the cast itself can even do and doesn't fall as something that can be used as equipment out of simply being something that makes up the setting.
In other words, this is like as if we tried to index a chain reaction from something not actually related to the character as some power they have, which isn't the case here.

So has this been rejected given what Bobsican said, or should we give Spongebob an extra statistics key with the string?

Not really, it's not even something that can fall as equipment out of simply being a part of the setting that can't be carried in a pocket and so on, in simple terms.

If that's the consensus, then I suppose I can accept that.

I'm guessing the part about him traveling outside the galaxy should be chalked up as toon force as well, huh.

Okay. Thanks for the replies. Should we close this thread then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back