• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Spongebob Squarepants Discussion Thread

Did you mention any luck abilities cus spongebob has supernatural luck and he can also have god reg via regenerating from being erased in the string short
1. He already has luck on his page
2. I don't remember him being erased, I'll check again

But this was merely evaluating the abilities Almighty Brought, not presenting new abilities

Oh boi that's long. I'll go to sleep after this
-Power Bestowal and Body Manipulation (Granted Squidward the powers of “Handsome Squidward”): No to power bestowal, to biological manipulation, it was an accident so it seems more like toon force
Technically most of his powers are just applications of his Toonforce, but i agree with you
-Resistance to Radiation Manipulation (Was unaffected by over a thousand X-rays): He was explicitly affected, obviously not
Maybe we could mention in his Regeneration part that he can regenerate even from things such as radiation?
-Regeneration (High-Mid possibly Mid-High) (Regenerated from being blown into smaller Gary piecesRegenerated from his eyes being blown out which have been shown to contain his brain. Possibly far higher due to scaling to Patrick since they are apparently DNA related): One of the scan is Spongebob doing it, I'll rewatch snail race to verify if the scans are accurate
Should Gary have partial Cyborgization for having mechanical part under his shell?
(He regenerated his thoughts that were erased, since he had erased all his thoughts not related to dinner, this includes deleting his own name. All of his memories are stored in files in his brain as well): Wasn't the point of the gag that he could not recover any memory???
Overtime/non combat applicable?
Could be part of his elasticity? Elastic materials are harder to damage with blunt force
Yeah he lost his godhood. After that episode Neptune disrespect him again & in one episode that took place in the future he was shown old & cranky which would happen to a god with immortality type 1. He gotten sick in 2 episode as far as i can remember too
-Additional Evidence for Resistance to Electricity Manipulation (The jellyfish can harm Squidward a little, and he withstood being struck by lightning in the face and SpongeBob could withstand these stings and he survived a lightning strike): No to both, both were affected
Yeah, but sth that i noticed: it looked like the big jellyfish's electricty hurt them more than cloud to ground lightning
-Additional Resistance to Transmutation feats (Got transmutated several times in Randomland and shook it off like it was nothing shown here (3:36) and here): He got transmuted, so it's self biological manipulation, ability itself should be self biological manipulation, which he already has
I was thinking of high level shapeshifting since i've heard that this ability can counter transmutation but what you said works too
-Resistance to Empathic Manipulation (He and SpongeBob resisted the affects of Jerktonium): Need a scan
We actually don't know if he ate jerktonium or not tbh
-Resistance to Fire Manipulation (Was mostly fine after being repeatedly hit by The Flying Dutchman’s fire at 2:55): He got pretty roughed up, so no
Well, he got hit by green flames 2800F>yellow fire>orange fire>light red fire>dark red fire. He took that hit better than a normie would. Heck, Whitebeard has a heat resistance despite getting torso & head penetrated by magma wierdly enogh.
-Resistance to Sound Manipulation (Simply got rid of Squidward’s clarinet playing with pest spray): Only with pest spray, not by himself
Could be Non Physical Interaction & maybe Enhanced Senses as he could both see & spray the musical notes
And type 3
-Possible Size Manipulation (Was depicted as way taller than Spongebob and Patrick before being crushed by the foot and became the size of them on top of Hasselhoff): I dunno
Probably size inconsistency, it's normal in animated stuff
I doubt it has less to do with ressurection negation but more about how the Flying Dutchman formulated his spell. The curse would be lifted with SB & Patrick getting ressurected by him but only once his beard regrew
-Resistance to Sound Manipulation (Everyone in the Bikini Bottom resisted this at 2:36): Considering Squidward was affected, I got a feeling the others were affected by the sound too
Apperantly they weren't. Either Squidward is a whimp compared to the rest or everyone playing as loud as they could created as an air/water shockwave that deformed Squidward in such a way. Soundwaves noramlly internal damage, shockwaves can do external too damage which is the kind of injury had Squidward

So just to summarize everything SO FAR (and feel free to edit my quote or make your own list since I’m only keeping with everything so we don’t forget)

New Power and Ability Additions:

Spongebob:

- Dream Manipulation (It can invade, destroy dreams and control them at will.): One is not done by Spongebob, one we already have on the page as telepathy

-Immortality (Type 8) (As explained by the narrator, "As long as there are stars in the sky, SpongeBob will always continue to exist in our hearts and minds" (1:30) implying that it will continue to exist as long as we remember it): I don't think this is immortality type 8, just a figurative statement

-Supernatural Willpower (Even after being controlled by Plankton, he didn't give in to mind control and was fighting it out of sheer willpower, as mentioned in his profile): In that case, I assume the resistance to mind manipulation should be changed to supernatural willpower

-Attack Reflection (Countered a snow monsters attacks with his pores): Not attack reflection, but absorption which he can redirect

-Self-Memory Manipulation (SpongeBob can erase your thoughts to specialize in other areas in just seconds and at will and send memories to the heart): The first scan is just Spongebob's anxiety overloading his memory, which happens in real life. The second one seems to be plankton physically traveling through Spongebob's body

-Sound Manipulation and Energy Projection (Fired beamed of energy made of sound manipulation based on Planktons statement): Sure, but it needs to be with guitar only

-Perception Manipulation/Illusion Creation (SpongeBob can build things off of his imagination): To be quite honest, it looks a bit like reality warping rather than perception manipulation

-Time Travel (SpongeBob and Patrick are capable of utilizing time cards to go through time. Can also time travel on their own): The first seems to be breaking the fourth wall, the second is more like plot manipulation

-Additional evidence to Resistance to Mind
Manipulation (Would also have to control the mini Spongebob in it’s head that all have non-existent physiology and personify the abstract concept of thought): Copyright, but its most certainly not NEP or Abstract Existence

-Resistance to Memory Manipulation
(He regenerated his thoughts that were erased, since he had erased all his thoughts not related to dinner, this includes deleting his own name. All of his memories are stored in files in his brain as well): Wasn't the point of the gag that he could not recover any memory???

-Social Influencing Negation (It talked so much that the Flying Dutchman failed to even hear his own thoughts and abandoned the Spongebob deal within 30 seconds): Scan needed

-Limited Possession (As a ghost, he should be able to return to his body, since it was taken away from the force instead of dying, Plankton planned to do this and so did SpongeBob's friends): You need a scan for spongebob

-Resistance to Mental Possession and Telepathy (The Flying Dutchman claimed it’s thoughts were to awful and scared him and all his thoughts are real, so he has a "world" inside his mind so unaffected by common telepathy.): Not Possession or Telepathy, as he could still be possessed and his mind accessed.

-Resistance to Regeneration Negation (Mid-High) (Regenerated from Neptune’s beans that completely negated Patrick’s regeneration): The scan shows Neptune did not harm Patrick

-Resistance to Light Manipulation (Via resisting Neptune's "baldness" from the front, which fried the eyes of one of the local fish): I mean, he was himself affected by this, most Bottomites also suffered the same reaction as Spongebob

-Likely Resistance to Power Mimicry (Trapped everyone with their own minds when mimicking it): Links were removed

-Resistance to Clairvoyance and Precognition in Superhero form and possibly in his base (Burger Beard was shocked to see SpongeBob out of the water, besides not being able to see SpongeBob and his gang in the magic book anymore (due to Bubbles' power) and the book could see SpongeBob traveling through time and in other periods: Need a scan

-Additional Evidence for Resistance to Electricity Manipulation (The jellyfish can harm Squidward a little, and he withstood being struck by lightning in the face and SpongeBob could withstand these stings and he survived a lightning strike): No to both, both were affected

-Likely Resistance to Sleep Manipulation (SpongeBob can recover if he's sleepy or tired despite staying up for a long time): I think it was due to Mrs. Puff's spray, so it would not be Spongebob, just purification for Mrs. Puff

-Resistance to Fusionism Negation (Was still fused to Squidward even after everyone else wasn’t): Not a resistance, it would a resistance to quantum manipulation as shown above

-Resistance to Reality Warping (Resisted the lack of Krabby Patties which distorted everything around them, gave characters such as Patrick clothes out of nowhere, and removed the flowers in the sky): Need scan

-Additional Resistance to Transmutation feats (Got transmutated several times in Randomland and shook it off like it was nothing shown here (3:36) and here): He got transmuted, so it's self biological manipulation, ability itself should be self biological manipulation, which he already has

-Low Multiversal Range (scribble Sandy drew a portal for SpongeBob and Patrick to return to Bikini Bottom while in another dimension): Needs a scan since it got copyright blocked, but it could be inter-dimensional range if we don't know it's a separate timeline

-Upgrade in combat experience and intelligence (SpongeBob defeated Medieval Sandy in a fight, she stated that the fighting style of SpongeBob karate was a fighting style that "until then she did not know", indicating that she knew other fighting styles from medieval times. SpongeBob also seems to know how to fight other fighting styles and should scale to Sandy who knows several sports including Kick Boxing. SpongeBob with Mr. Krabs created robots with the exact same regeneration and immortality as themselves. He has also created formulas and has a secret lab): Just add it to his justification for his genius rating, in most episodes he's shown as an absolute idiot

Squidward:
-Regeneration (Low-Godly) (Shrunk himself to the point he disappeared and presumably regenerated himself only seconds later. Does the same thing here): The first scan was blocked, the second did not show squidward in the clip

-Self-Memory Manipulation (Erased all of his memories away but seemed to be fine by the end of the episode 1:30): He did not erase his memories, just messed up his brain, most likely self biological manipulation or EE with pencil

-Resistance Social Influencing (one Christmas episode he was the only one in the bikini slit that wasn't affected by the social influence of SpongeBob that made everyone including the plankton celebrate Christmas.): I have to make sure what Spongebob did was social influencing

-Resistance to Perception Manipulation/Illusion Creation (Quickly scrubbed off SpongeBob’s perception): I don't know if it's perception manipulation in the first place, think it's reality warping, so he would have no resistance

-Resistance to Empathic Manipulation (He and SpongeBob resisted the affects of Jerktonium): Need a scan

-Resistance to Transmutation (Got transmutated several times in Randomland and shook it off like it was nothing shown here (3:36) and here. Quickly undid being transmutated by Mermaid Man’s belt 2:02): Just self biological manipulation, which he already has

-Limited Resistance to Mind Manipulation and Body Puppet (Immediately removed SpongeBob and Patrick from his body once he realized he was being controlled by them): It would be limited resistance to bodily possession

Patrick:

-Possible Social Influencing (Made his own slogan for the Chum Bucket and attracted customers across Bikini Bottom despite the fact that The Chum Bucket is a well known terrible restaurant and the food is poisonous): Not social influencing

-Likely Additional evidence for Resistance to Mind Manipulation (Like Spongebob, it has mini Patrick’s in its head that control its every action and would also have to control the mini Patrick’s in it’s head that all have non-existent physiology and personify the abstract concept of thought): I dunno, but those mini Patricks have nowhere near NEP or Abstract Existence

-Limited Possession (As a ghost, for the same reasons as SpongeBob): Can you provide a scan for Patrick himself doing this.

-Time Travel (SpongeBob and Patrick are capable of utilizing time cards to go through time. Can also time travel on their own): The first one is nowhere near time related, but anxious Spongebob too scared to paint. The other two seem to be plot manipulation

-Resistance to Electricity (He was completely fine, even though it got a lightning bolt in the face): We need a scan, but he was roughed up afterwards in other occasions

-Resistance to Biological Manipulation and Explosion Manipulation (Ate 1000 Krabby Patties with no lasting affects although it could do this to Squidward): I don't think it is really biological manipulation, just the effect of overeating. Plus, it exploded because they were to many for Squidward to contain in his body

-Upgrade in experience (Patrick showed knowledge of wrestling and in the episode "karate star.” He was said to be a karate genius having made perfect cuts with his technique. Stomped a pumpkin monster. Consistently fights SpongeBob, Squidward, and even Sandy): Patrick is almost every time an absolute doofus, and it is a running gag in most episodes, just add it for the gifted justification

Plankton:

-Inorganic Physiology (Karen analyzed the composition of Plankton revealing that it is "1% evil and 99% hot gas"): Unsure, because I'm pretty sure we saw Plankton's organs once in the series

-(The transmogrifier can switch places with an opponent to the point that it rewrites Plankton as always being that character and everyone remembering it that way): Can be a high level power of some sort, unsure on what it is, information manipulation as a possibility

Likely Martial Arts (Fought Mr. Krabs. Has fought SpongeBob and Co. in hand to hand combat consistently albeit he usually loses): There is a difference between able to fight and martial arts

-Resistance to Reality Warping (Resisted the lack of Krabby Patties which distorted everything around them, gave characters such as Patrick clothes out of nowhere, and removed the flowers in the sky): Needs a scan

Mr. Krabs:

-Immortality (Type 1 and 5) (He cannot die, instead it is necessary for the Flying Dutchman to fetch him and lock him in Dave Jones' closet and quoted being immortal 2:10.): The entire point of the episode was that he was facing his end, so no. The second scan was not linked properly

-Resistance to Sound Manipulation (Simply got rid of Squidward’s clarinet playing with pest spray): Only with pest spray, not by himself

-Resistance to Fragrance Manipulation (He was unaffected by Patrick's odor which made rocks and other things melt and even affected SpongeBob, although he found it stinky): Agreed, and due to the fact it melted Patrick's rock, it would be corrosion inducement

-Resistance to Radiation Manipulation (Was unaffected by over a thousand X-rays): He was explicitly affected, obviously not

Dennis:
-Immortality (Type 2) (Managed to stay conscious and keep up with David Hasselhoff despite being reduced to goo): I dunno, he does need immortality type 4

The Flying Dutchman:
-Resurrection Negation (He claimed he couldn't bring SpongeBob and Patrick back to life until the spell ended)

-Resurrection (Brought Spongebob and Patrick back to life after reducing them to their ghost forms.): You need a better scan for both

Gary:
-Regeneration (High-Mid possibly Mid-High) (Regenerated from being blown into smaller Gary piecesRegenerated from his eyes being blown out which have been shown to contain his brain. Possibly far higher due to scaling to Patrick since they are apparently DNA related): One of the scan is Spongebob doing it, I'll rewatch snail race to verify if the scans are accurate

Sandy:
-Regeneration (Low-High) (Regenerated from being a puddle like state. Regenerated from her lungs being destroyed and her hand being disintegrated.): The first scan was due to Spongebob, the other two scans are not working

-Immortality Type 2 (can live without its head after it has been vaporized): Agreed, plus she has enhanced senses due to being able to sense Spongebob without her head

-Fusion Negation (Unfused a bunch of jellyfish that fused to become a big one): No, just her physically separating it, which is not a power. She SHOULD get flight in her base though

-Resistance to Fragrance Manipulation (Seen here. In addition, in one episode it was also mentioned odors do not affect Sandy because she wears a helmet): Not only does she get fragrance manipulation resistance, she gets corrosion resistance, plus size manipulation since she turned hot dog's tiny

Everyone:

-Non-physical interaction (Everyone was able to interact with Rube despite him being Nonexistent): Definitely not, that's not NEP. They may get NPI if they interacted with non tangible objects

-Everyone is at least 5 billion years old due to the fact that they were frozen for that long by Patrick’s brain freeze

-Everyone needs a MASSIVE stamina upgrade for the brain freeze reasons as well.

-Everyone could stay conscious after being turned into DNA but didn’t seem to be bothered by it

-Resistance to Sound Manipulation (Everyone in the Bikini Bottom resisted this at 2:36): Considering Squidward was affected, I got a feeling the others were affected by the sound too

Everything else I agree with

Magic book:
-Universal+ range (Burgerbeard could see Plankton and SpongeBob through the book at other points in time and should be able to affect with the book's powers) possibly far higher (Bubbles considers the book a threat to all existence): No to both, the second one in particular is from a video game

Other changes that need to be made:
-Spongebob’s string should be upgraded to 3-A (It left nothing but a white void at the end of “The String” episode. The official Spongebob wiki and transcript even classify it as a universal feat): No, the Spongebob wiki is a fan wiki and all we see is a galaxy being erased
1-But it was made by beings created from Spongebob's dreams, we can scale the spongebob of dreams and I don't see why the second is just telepathy, since he can invade dreams and do whatever he wants with them.
2-at first I thought so, but after the narrator says that we see a SpongeBob constellation, implying that it could be something more
3- We don't need to change, we can just leave the resistance to mind manipulation and supernatural willpower equal to Vegeta's page.
4- He's not absorbing, he's using his pores to redirect attacks launched at him
not to mention that during the series he can throw things that pass through his boros directly at the opponent having control over it.
5- I didn't know that in real life we have little people just like us in our head with files (representing our memories) that they can erase, in doing so we forget everything unrelated to a certain subject including our name to the point of breaking our brains.
in the context squidward calmed him down and told him to empty his mind to power up as a waiter in seconds and that happened.
6-Sure, but he can invoke the guitar, maybe we should put in Hammerspace a note of that.
7-I think it would be perception manipulation, although he can also turn your imagination into reality.
8-Technically it would be both as it goes back to a previous moment
9- There is a quote (I couldn't find it in another language) of being and evidence of these beings actually "existing" in SpongeBob's head.
if these beings don't have that even with a totally explicit quote, I wonder what would be.
10- The point of the joke was that due to him destroying most of the files he had forgotten literally everything unrelated to being a waiter, which split his brain in two (due to the confusion inside) until he recovered from this memory loss at the end of the episode. only with a headache.
11- I'm sure it wouldn't be negation of social influence, just social influence and this one..
12- This literally scales to SpongeBob, Plankton who was a beginner in this ghost case planned to return to his body, after his soul was taken.
13- Only for later the flying dutchman to leave his mind and give it up should an unconventional resistance do the trick.
14- Shows him damaging SpongeBob's arm which negates regeneration, Neptune's ability is in profile.
15-SpongeBob and others were only surprised by his bald spot, with a fish having its eyes damaged by the generated light,
16- Link
17- link (Literally was in the plot resistance)
18- Both still resisted better than characters with no resistance to it, although they feel pain, Squidward even standing up after being struck by the lightning something that a normal octopus/squid would not.
19- The spray was just to clean SpongeBob as described in the product, but that would just be additional evidence to support the main ones.
20- Sure
21- Link
22- He was transmuted, but returned to normal after that, falls as resistance, it makes no sense to fall as biological self manipulation when they transmuted him in a non-biological way.
23- Sandy mentioned that his portal sent people to other worlds that in context are universes and Sandy scribble recreated it (not to mention that it has no dimension within SpongeBob's universe so far shown to be totally white).
24- absolute idiot in academic matters, but not in combat matters, but ok.

Squidward

1- how exactly does the second not show him in the clip? and then we see him disappearing.
the link of the first
2- technically this was meant to say that he actually has something on his mind that leaves him with this personality he has today (basically unhappy) due to living with SpongeBob and Patrick
3- Really, that's why he's resisting.
4- already answered, But whatever Squidward undid.
5- It's on SpongeBob's profile (he and Squidward were the only ones unaffected)
6-answered
7- Although, SpongeBob has mentioned that he was losing control of his brain after Squidward woke up, but I don't see the reason for it being limited.
We also see SpongeBob controlling his brain in a strange way

Patrick

1- there's still the episode of Mad Snail, where Patrick causes a collective upheaval that affected the entire Bikini bottom.
to the point that everyone feels symptoms of the disease and acts like zombies, even though they are not.
2- The scale would come with what's in SpongeBob's mind
3-The SpongeBob motif and the ones that are even in his profile.
4-already answered
5- Resistance=/-immunity
6- Yes, the effect of eating too many crab burgers at once, makes them go straight to the thighs and then you explode or it would be resistance to biological or explosive manipulation (probably biological, since the second occurs due to the consequence of them going for thighs).
7- This should happen in non-combat situations, since in combat he can be as capable as other characters, but ok.

Plankton

1- I really don't remember the organs being shown.
2- It looks like it would just be Plankton swapping locations with someone else in another universe, to see what their life would be like.
3- He was able to face and exchange blows with someone with martial arts and quite experienced, if he didn't know he would be easily overpowered.
4- already been sent

Mr krabs

1-I think you didn't understand, even though he has reached his end (from the doctor's reaction) we see that he is still well, being necessary for the flying Dutchman to physically take him to be his end.
the other was about him quoting having an immortal soul
2- right
3- Cool, I didn't know I got this, SpongeBob must have gotten this due to resisting patrick's evil alito in an episode that melted buildings.
4- It took a thousand x-rays to damage his bones, not to mention that x-ray damage changes the person's DNA, something that Mr krabs doesn't, as he recovers later, so a limited resistance should do I think .

Dennis

1- he didn't die

The Flying Dutchman:

1-Literally that's what happened, Flying Dutchman mentioned that he cast a spell that killed them both and that he couldn't make them come back to life until his beard grew back even though he had resurrection.

Gary

1- at first spongebob just put it together and gary would have done the rest unless spongebob has a cure.

Sandy

1- Explanation similar to Gary, but here are the links
2- Ok
3- The fusion negation would come from before the creature showed to be just one after the junction of the jellyfish, but I'm not so sure.
4- right

Everyone
1- in fact they can get interaction with beings that can't interact with something like that, which was the case with plankton and others interacting with the fish's camera, which stated that "it doesn't have a camera"

Magic book
1- Seeing and following people at later times still falls as universal+ and about the video game the wiki already considers this in its profile

String
1- And what's the harm in being a fan wiki if it has correct information? (by that logic we shouldn't even accept information from the Vs battle wiki) unless they really invented everything it offers, no, we don't see a galaxy being erased, we see that he erased all space beyond after erasing the galaxy to the point of not having where the thread continues, since the plot was literally SpongeBob pulling the rope until it comes to an end, he even falls to a point where he doesn't even have room to continue pulling the rope anymore, not to mention that empty background It's already been discussed in the thread, feel free to read.

Could be part of his elasticity? Elastic materials are harder to damage with blunt force
About this, it seems that it is already on his page, an absorption has fallen, so much so that in durability it is written that absorption makes him difficult to kill

I have question does that string thingy count also spongebob can clearly get diseases
Diseases with parasites yes, Since in addition to his quote about not catching a cold, but another one related to sponges, he in the rest of the episodes involving diseases was affected by parasites.

(Probably limited resistance anyway)

Diseases with parasites yes, Since in addition to his quote about not catching a cold, but another one related to sponges, he in the rest of the episodes involving diseases was affected by parasites.

(Probably limited resistance anyway)
He had the suds once via cold... But clearly the Sponge resisted more sheer stuff over time.

but should we specify in the profile that the sponge's supernatural luck works if Opponent wants to seriously harm, have bad intentions (in which he doesn't know ) and kill him? For consistently his supernatural luck saves him in such cases.

29-2.jpg

but it's hilarious how in the verse not even coconuts are considered normal.

I mean the resistance is weirdly redundant if SpongeBob can't heal, maybe I can see it coming in great use if SB negs the purification of others then thats actually pretty gud.

I think you posted this before?
It really is a strange resistance, But this should help against characters who try to purify (as I've seen purification that causes multiple effects)

Well on that calculation it apparently has two results, one was considering they are underwater and the other one was considering normal laser speed on land.
Which of the two should we use? For the water of the verse is not quite normal water.

the character with the most Op skill? Hum... it's kind of hard to say.
Maybe Plankton's Goo Goo Gas, since in addition to affecting even computers, it was the one that came closest to handing him the secret formula in the series.

Back