• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A few things that need to be discussed for Spongebob

Speed revisions
Sandy's jetpack has a far higher speed rating with her Jetpack, but now we got a calc for it which needs to be evaluated)

Potty gets a solid Speed upgrade to Massively Hypersonic+ as It can keep up with Patchy when he was launched at these speeds

Also, I found a definitive speed feat to calculate for Bubbles (As right now we don't have a proper feat for him)

Lifting Strength upgrade

At parts of the show, characters could pick up the Krusty Krab, which was accepted to have a Lifting Strength of Athletic Human. This would scale to the cast at their peak. Please note this is consistent with Patrick flipping a lighthouse, Krabs casually throwing Sandy's Submarine, Sandy pulling down a boat, and Patrick/Spongebob shaking a ferris wheel

Spongebob gets a new Key

In the episode, Goons on the Moon, we see Spongebob transform into the Moon (Called Moon Bob), which was calculated to be 5-A (Also has Sub-Relativistic speed and Class Z via sheer size via the same calc). While Spongebob cannot have this be added to his base tiering, he does need a new key for Moon Bob.

Spongebob's String
With Toon Force, Spongebob can manipulate strings (It was shown that he can do this with any thread), and use them to erase things, he erased the Milky Way with one of these strings, so he should get 3-C with toon force, please note it does NOT scale to his base stats as it would be a COLOSSAL outlier. It does give him Galactic Range and MFTL+ speed with the string though

Characters get new abilities
Other good AP feats I found which should be calculated (Would be good supporting feats)

Last edited:
agree with this also what speed tier would be dodge the electricity of the jellyfish?
Well according to what I found:

in the "I'm your biggest fanatic" Sponge Bob among other Bikini Bottom mites out jumped a sting from the pissed of King Jelly fish and in "Squirrel Jelly" Sandy dodged attacks from an amped Jelly fish monster stings. Which from what I found has these speeds:

According to this source while like a housefly the fastest that Jelly Fish can swim might not sound impressive at first however their combat is regarded as insanely faster then one would think as the uncoiling of the stingers says this about them: [1]

Another site says: https://blog.padi.com/2017/11/07/4-surprising-things-jellyfish/ [2]

I agree with all, and as for Sandy going to the moon with her jetpack, I left a comment. Unfortunately, there was a jumpcut.

On top of those, Flying Dutchman should also get Resurrection since he revives Spongebob and Patrick after they readied him for his date.

Finally, on a side note, “MoonBob” isn’t really the official name of moon-sized Spongebob, the form doesn’t really have a name, so you could just call the key “Moon-Sized”

where i say is ligthing? i just say because electricity tends to drop subsonic+ and transonic results
There are a few times where they dodge lightning. They might get resistance to electricity and sound manip
SB reacts to bolt from a machine. The Narrator calls it lightning, machines in this verse have been powered real lightning abd according to Encyclopedia Spongebob, he has faster than lightning reflexes and has reacted to lightning. Bikini Bottom mites react to 2 lightning bolts from a cloud and Gale Doppler dodges 1 of them
Squidward dodges lightning from the Dutchman and Neptune blocks it from his trident(keep in mind lightning irl can be green/violet)
Krabs, Squidward, Old Man Jenkins, SB & Patrick survive getting shot by lightning bolts
A sound resistance feat for everybody. An even better one which defently needs calcing. I think Squidward could get this mentioned in AP, like his has X tier when he plays the clarinett or sth like that?
What about your calc?
By the way, I know the durability for the measuring tape feat

standard measuring tapes are .96 ounces, the distance between the moon and earth is (stated by squid ward) to be 238000 miles.

It took 3 seconds from the moon to hit sponge bob on Earth.

238000/3 = 79333.3333333 miles per second (Massively Hypersonic+).

Kinetic Energy calculator gets me 2.218158219555E+14 Joules or 50 Kilotons
Shouldn't characters dodging infrared lasers be mentioned here?
I thought that whole turning people to ghost was a curse. He said that SB & Patrick curse would get lifted once his beard grew back if I'm recalling it right.
Agree with the rest

I recall I brought up this String thing a long time ago in another thread, it was rejected because it was non-standard and smthn Spongebob could only do by exploiting a convenient part of the environment.

Good luck on that.

I recall I brought up this String thing a long time ago in another thread, it was rejected because it was non-standard and smthn Spongebob could only do by exploiting a convenient part of the environment.

Good luck on that.
No, he can do it with any string, it was rejected because it was thought it was just exploiting the environment, but we know it is just a natural ability of his

If it was just a temporary tool of his shown once during hundreds of episodes, it seems too insignificant to add as an extra key.

I thought that you wanted to place it in his regular statistics key? If you do not want to create an extra key, that is the only remaining option, and both seem bad to me.

If it was just a temporary tool of his shown once during hundreds of episodes, it seems too insignificant to add as an extra key.
Placing 3-C in his regular statistics due to a temporary gag outlier seems inappropriate as well.
I thought that you wanted to place it in his regular statistics key? If you do not want to create an extra key, that is the only remaining option, and both seem bad to me.
Nobody but you brought it up as key thing. Blue said just for this ability in specific to get a tier & range seperate from his normal stats(like how some character have a certain hax have seperate AP from their physicality or barriers getting seperate durability the body of the user). it wasn't just a one off gag. The 1st episode he used it, he spammed it for most of the episode. He used it in another episode too. In both episodes he just pulls random that threads and stuff get reduced to a single string, meaning the string in itself isn't special, Spongebob makes it that way(so it's not an optional equipment but a power). Also you know, he has gotten entire powers before with 5 second gags.

It would have been:

"Varies from 10-C to 9-A, 8-B at his peak. 3-C with strings"

It's not a gag because it's not a one off thing, he used it in more than one episode and it is shown that it is a natural ability of his. And the fact it being a "gag" does not mean the feat is invalid

It would have been:

"Varies from 10-C to 9-A, 8-B at his peak. 3-C with strings"

It's not a gag because it's not a one off thing, he used it in more than one episode and it is shown that it is a natural ability of his. And the fact it being a "gag" does not mean the feat is invalid
We're nearing a break through. Here's the whole episode and unravels the entire universe, and Patrick also ends up doing this btw, We should probably include him too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back