• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Spoiler Tabs for Blogs

PrinceofPein

Username Only
How do I add spoiler tabs in my blog,
or something that would put walls of texts in quotes that can be expanded.

:ahaa:

I am about to make a petition so there is an option to put things in spoiler in the fandom just like on here, those codes waste time, when someone else can just go to the website source files and add 15 lines of codes and the thing will be over

I am about to make a petition so there is an option to put things in spoiler in the fandom just like on here, those codes waste time, when someone else can just go to the website source files and add 15 lines of codes and the thing will be over
I mean, we can create "templates", and you can add them. I did this sometimes haha

Yap, I do the same. Also, learn CSS coding tho, you may actually need it for styling (Yes I am nerd and really obsessed with the styling and design)
Well it is not about CSS, but rather the wiki it self has set commands and codes, for example the command Dereck sent is a wiki imbedded code, so that will not be so helpful.
Yeah before I decided that what I wish to do is AI, i was learning web development in my first year then the CSS is rusty but I can remember some stuffs.

Well it is not about CSS, but rather the wiki it self has set commands and codes, for example the command Dereck sent is a wiki imbedded code, so that will not be so helpful.
This can be solved by adding a template tho. It is simple.
Yeah before I decided that what I wish to do is AI, i was learning web development in my first year then the CSS is rusty but I can remember some stuffs.
Ay.

This can be solved by adding a template tho. It is simple.
wait so what you are telling me is that, fandom allows the creating of your own personal templates where if you add it to the fandom you can now use it across all your other pages? or do you mean saving an already existing template
can you explain more,

No, not personal templates. Just templates, well since I know CSS coding, I created a template called “line”, so everyone can use it in the fandom and later on Ant approved it :).

No, not personal templates. Just templates, well since I know CSS coding, I created a template called “line”, so everyone can use it in the fandom and later on Ant approved it :).
oh that is nice, if I create one I need to get Ant's approval correct?

oh that is nice, if I create one I need to get Ant's approval correct?
Actually, before you do it. There are some helpful links you need to read it carefully. If it is a harmless addition, Ant does not mind it. It needs to align with the current fandom's design. That's all.

Thank you so much,
sure I do not mind
  • Navigate to visual editing mode.
  • Look for the “insert” option and click on it.
  • From the dropdown menu, select “template”.
  • Choose the “Spoiler Content” template.
  • Provide a title and context for the spoiler content.
If needed, you can make further changes to the context in source editing mode.

Yes, but please keep the thread open so that Ant can review the template and give approval by closing it. Although he trusts me greatly in this matter, I would still appreciate his knowledge and input.

The template seems good to use, if you have tested so it works correctly, but we probably need to inform our community about it in one of our official instruction pages.

I locked it btw.

Back