• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Spirtual Lifeforms: Physiology page

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jozaysmith?

He/Him
so i made a page on Spiritual lifeforms
Brief Read through
  • my target is to make the profiles look more ordely rather than giving everyone "This due to being a spiritual lifeforms" i have made it more simple​
  • I practically added even more things, please if am missing anything let me know so i can add it​
  • In every profile of a qualified character we should write "Spiritual lifeforms physiology" to make it mofe simplified​
  • This is only based on Light novel and semi spiritual lifeforms should qualify to have spiritual lifeforms physiology​

Type 2 isn't fitting here
It's looks fine, but for some reasons I think it's still ticking me.
Incorporeal (or Non-Corporeal) beings are those who have no true physical form. Though they may have physical avatars or bodies, but their true essence exists non-physically

So their bodies are just avatar? If yes then ig thats fine.
Don't know if this really qualifies for holy manipulation.
How's this comes under biological?

My honest review

Type 2 isn't fitting here
What do you think type 2 immortality is, immortality by regen and we all clearly see they regen if they take damage

Incorporeal (or Non-Corporeal) beings are those who have no true physical form. Though they may have physical avatars or bodies, but their true essence exists non-physically

So their bodies are just avatar? If yes then ig thats fine.
Exactly as written they dont need physical bodies and if they do have them they can abandon it anytime
Don't know if this really qualifies for holy manipulation.
Holy-demonic attacks are attacks that have holy and demonic nature
The name is there why don't you feel it?
How's this comes under biological?

My honest review
Manipulates their genes
That's under biology manip

so i made a page on Spiritual lifeforms
Brief Read through
  • my target is to make the profiles look more ordely rather than giving everyone "This due to being a spiritual lifeforms" i have made it more simple​
  • I practically added even more things, please if am missing anything let me know so i can add it​
  • In every profile of a qualified character we should write "Spiritual lifeforms physiology" to make it mofe simplified​
  • This is only based on Light novel and semi spiritual lifeforms should qualify to have spiritual lifeforms physiology​
They are also Ae1 by information on type 2
Also NPI

Last edited:
What do you think type 2 immortality is, immortality by regen
Type 3: Immortality via regeneration. , It will cover it imo
Holy-demonic attacks are attacks that have holy and demonic nature
The name is there why don't you feel it
That demonic word.
Exactly as written they dont need physical bodies and if they do have them they can abandon it anytime
Fine ig.
Manipulates their genes
Where it stated?

Where it stated?
It was deathly magic, the epitome of pure evil—but according to tradition, it existed for a different purpose. The only ones who could withstand this magic were spiritual life-forms or those whose souls had memory-retention skills. Living things who could completely reconstruct their bodies after they were completely destroyed could escape this magic—and nobody else.
Page | 171 Spiritual particles, the tiny matter that made up magicules, emitted a special sort of wave. This was the light of darkness itself, difficult to counteract with magic and impossible to counteract via physical means. The only way to resist them was with other spiritual particles, and thus, the only way to resist dark light was with more dark light.
No other type of protection was possible.
Exposure to this light produced a 99.999 percent fatality rate. But not even that was 100 percent—and so, extremely rarely, there were survivors. One in a million would react by turning their body into a monster and gaining new life. In other words, this magic also selected those most suitable for monster transformation, granting the victims their blessing.
It was the worst, most taboo kind of spell, this nuclear-level Death Streak. Instead of destroying physically like Disintegration, it accurately bore down only on the particles that created life memory.
It was the ultimate forbidden magic, one that could destroy the very souls of people vol 13

(Sir Rimuru, I believe it’s possible for you to intervene with people’s souls and send messages directly to them. However, I can think of an even surer way.) (What’s that?) (When your material bodies make contact with each other, you can use your spiritual body to go inside. Then, when your astral bodies make contact, it is likely possible to directly interact with your partner’s soul.) vol 11
soul manipulation, NPI

as a spiritual life-form, Adalmann had natural resistances to each kind of elemental attack. Most melee strikes didn’t work on him. As a duo, they had also overcome their weakness against holy attacks.
Really, I didn’t see how any normal dungeon-runner team could take them. Vol 12
Resistance to element manipulation, physical attack, Holy manipulation

In other words, spiritual life-forms experienced no natural death, were immune to all kinds of status ailments, and could overcome death itself through sheer power of will. That ability to raise people to the same level as such wondrous supernatural beings was enough to convince anyone that God-class gear was truly extraordinary.
Immune to Status effect inducement . Dunno what overcoming death gives?

World of Destruction… All geared for killing, huh?
Craft Poison was the nastiest of them. Combine it with Detect Weakness, and she could instantly create just the right poison to kill her opponent. But I was even more curious about World of Destruction. It was a vicious world-level ability, one that could unconditionally kill anyon eand anything except for spiritual life-forms. Kind of a supercharged version of my merciless skill. Vol 16
Resistance to death manipulation

soul manipulation, NPI

Resistance to element manipulation, physical attack, Holy manipulation

Immune to Status effect inducement . Dunno what overcoming death gives?

Resistance to death manipulation
Noted overcoming death would be immortality type 5
Also i believe they can shapeshift mind sending any phrase of this

Pretty sure that isn't Death Maniplation It's also stated by a thread moderator to be Soul Maniplation.So you could say

Resistance to Soul Maniplation

Disagree with the Low Godly it should be Mid Godly here is the scan

Mid Godly , Regeneration ; Mid Godly

It is also the statement for

Immortality Type 5 and Resistance to Status Inducement.

in the same scan.

Core [ Soul Covers Core ] is made of Information Particles if someone can regenerate from their core destruction that would be High Godly Information Type 2 core

Last edited:
Good, but needs serious grammar overhauls.
Am aware 😪, but which and which
Work on this more. Give a better summary. And Gender and Origin isn't needed.
That summary is the best i could offer, if you have another idea i could dive in
Pretty sure that isn't Death Maniplation It's also stated by a thread moderator to be Soul Maniplation.So you could say
It could be both. But there's already resistance to soul manipulation there
Disagree with the Low Godly it should be Mid Godly here is the sca
Immortality Type 5 and Resistance to Status Inducement.
Didn't know before, i have corrected it
And yeah i could replace the wordings of the resistance to death manip

Probably most of the additions are from Benimaru's last key can be added since it is from a thread that added spiritual lifeform general ability

Immortality (Types 1 and 3; Spiritual lifeforms have infinite lifespans[20]. Spiritual lifeforms can continue to exists with just their souls, and regenerate their physical bodies[20]), Regeneration (Mid-Godly; Spiritual lifeforms can't die unless they lose their magicules or their soul is destroyed[20]. Souls are made up information, which is a fundamental aspect of the world), Abstract Existence (Type 1; Benimaru evolved into a spiritual lifeform with a physical body, however he can exist without one, his true nature being similar to True Dragons. Elemental spirits like Ifrit, are the embodiment's of the laws governing the world. Elemental souls exist higher than elemental spirits, and True Dragons are the highest ranked elemental souls[21]), Self-Sustenance (Types 1, 2, and 3; Spiritual lifeforms don't need to breath[22] to eat nor sleep[21]), Incorporeality (Spiritual Lifeforms has abandoned their physical bodies. Benimaru normally has a physical body, but can exist without one), Power Bestowal (When he evolved, his blessing extended to Souei as well[21]),

Also, from one of Benimaru's key:
Intangibility (Spiritual Life-forms are unaffected by physical attacks[13] due to being made up of magic.

It should have early resistance and magic powers like magic senses and magic abilities; I think it was argued they would have unique skill standards, powers, and resistance because their supernatural willpower is comparable to that of unique skill users.

Basically, most of profiles like Benimaru's resistances and Unholy manipulation powers like corruption and radiation manipulation for standard spiritual lifeform; holy spiritual lifeform might
There is this blog about Higher-level Monster Aura which may apply.
It should need reference too; I will discuss other points later since it is late for me. Also, are you just doing the page for the Light Novel profiles?

It should need reference too; I will discuss other points later since it is late for me. Also, are you just doing the page for the Light Novel profiles?
Yes, will apply it to everyone which are
1. Awakened demon lords.
2. Elementals
3. Sub spiritual life forms
Etc
Probably most of the additions are from Benimaru's last key can be added since it is from a thread that added spiritual lifeform general ability
We can remove everything and just say "have spiritual lifeform physiology"
He also have other things that came from his ultimate skill and all
Also, from one of Benimaru's key:
Intangibility (Spiritual Life-forms are unaffected by physical attacks[13] due to being made up of magic.
Didn't even know about this, i will change thr wording then, thanks.
We added new stuffs like immortality type 2 & 5
Because they dont need physical bodies and are unaffected by death, i wonder if tho counts

Take a look at these summaries for a better understanding. Cursed Energy Manipulation, Stand, Devils,
Done, please check again
It should need reference too; I will discuss other points later since it is late for me.
Wasn't aware of that blog, and yes it does need reference. Just found out some character are either missing some information or wasnt update so we can just start by cleaning most people abilities due to being spiritual lifeforms and add that blog and say "spiritual lifeforms physiology"

It should have early resistance and magic powers like magic senses and magic abilities; I think it was argued they would have unique skill standards, powers, and resistance because their supernatural willpower is comparable to that of unique skill users.
Actually its ultimate skill?
According to this

We added new stuffs like immortality type 2 & 5
Because they dont need physical bodies and are unaffected by death, i wonder if tho counts
I think Immortality Type 2 should be good because Spiritual Life Forms should be able to continue fighting even if their physical bodies suffer mortal injury, as long as their spiritual bodies remain unharmed. I also remember in the Web Novel, Benimaru told Testarossa that Diablo could continue fighting at full power even if half of his physical body was destroyed. But still, it might be good to put a scan of a similar feat in LN on the page.

Immortality Type 5 doesn't work like that. Immortality Type 5 requires statements that you are unaffected by conventional life or death. The best in-verse example is Primordial Demons. "Primordial Demons are wholly exempt from the concept of death[7])"

Last edited:
I hold a different perspective regarding the topic at hand. Slime encompasses multiple races, and consolidating this information on a single page would suffice. Creating individual pages for each race would be repetitive and unnecessary.

If you seriously want to do this. I have made two sandboxes for two versions (webnovel and lightnovel):
Feel free to start from there; otherwise, my disagreement remains unchanged.
I won't provide comments on the suggested abilities. However, if you have any doubts, feel free to ask for my expertise.

Immortality Type 5 doesn't work like that. Immortality Type 5 requires statements that you are unaffected by conventional life and death.The best in-verse example is Primordial Demons. "Primordial Demons are wholly exempt from the concept of death[7])"
No its by being unbound by life or death not life and death
And they said 'can't be traditionally killed' i think it fits the bill since they resist dear with their will alone
And to fully kill them should be destroying their core

I hold a different perspective regarding the topic at hand. Slime encompasses multiple races,

consolidating this information on a single page would suffice. Creating individual pages for each race would be repetitive and unnecessary.

If you seriously want to do this. I have made two sandboxes for two versions (webnovel and lightnovel):
Although that's true but
"Spiritual lifeforms" is a general term for all races that are spiritual or spirits
Anyone you call them
Just that some others have specified abilities because of how special they are
And they are gazillion number of spiritual lifeforms in the world or rather the series itself.
We shouldn't bother on things like
True dragons, primal demons and angels etc
They are still spiritual lifeforms but higher advantages it wont be a problem to add that individually for their pages and this was @Elizhaa idea so as to make profiles cleaner
So things or abilities gained from "because he/she is a spiritual lifeform" will be removed and put "spiritual life form physiology"
Thanks for concern and input
Feel free to start from there; otherwise, my disagreement remains unchanged.
I won't provide comments on the suggested abilities. However, if you have any doubts, feel free to ask for my expertise.
The immortality type 2 and 5 needs review please
Also invulnerability

Last edited:
And they said 'can't be traditionally killed' i think it fits the bill since they resist dear with their will alone
I still say definitely not, but you can still wait for the staff to evaluate it.

The immortality type 2 and 5 needs review please
Also invulnerability
Alright
Change the wording from “Infinite lifespan” to “no lifespan” to match what the screenshot says. Immortality type 1 is fine. Unlike mortal beings, this spiritual life form doesn't experience birth or death in the way living creatures do. It is timeless, not bound by the limitations of a finite existence.

Type 2 seems fine. It says, they are uneffected by abnormalities, this implies that this spiritual life form is not susceptible to diseases, disorders, or any irregularities that might affect physical bodies.

I see type 6, and "likely" type 5 is fine (not solid). My own reasons for this are, even in the face of what we consider as death, this spiritual entity can persist. The phrase "power of will" suggests a strong determination or spiritual strength that allows it to transcend the concept of death. This could imply a belief in the power of the mind or spirit to overcome physical limitations.

I forget willpower exists. Never mind this.
Is this not for semi-spiritual lifeforms? Although, I would not say It's illogical to not apply to full-version of spiritual life forms, so it is fine.
I am a bit sceptical of your ways of using screenshots. Consider posting the whole screenshot without cutting any information. So I will remain neutral here.

Last edited:
Alright

Change the wording from “Infinite lifespan” to “no lifespan” to match what the screenshot says. Immortality type 1 is fine. Unlike mortal beings, this spiritual life form doesn't experience birth or death in the way living creatures do. It is timeless, not bound by the limitations of a finite existence.

Type 2 seems fine. It says, they are uneffected by abnormalities, this implies that this spiritual life form is not susceptible to diseases, disorders, or any irregularities that might affect physical bodies. It exists in a state of perfect, unchanging form.

I see type 6, and "likely" type 5 is fine (not solid). My own reasons for this are, even in the face of what we consider as death, this spiritual entity can persist. The phrase "power of will" suggests a strong determination or spiritual strength that allows it to transcend the concept of death. This could imply a belief in the power of the mind or spirit to overcome physical limitations.

Is this not for semi-spiritual lifeforms? Although, I would not say It's illogical to not apply to full-version of spiritual life forms, so it is fine.
I am a bit sceptical of your ways of using screenshots. Consider posting the whole screenshot without cutting any information. So I will remain neutral here.
Alright i will take the whole ss just that some of it was totally irrelevant,
Thanks for your input and am editing the phrasing now

likely" type 5 is fine (not solid). My own reasons for this are, even in the face of what we consider as death, this spiritual entity can persist. The phrase "power of will" suggests a strong determination or spiritual strength that allows it to transcend the concept of death. This could imply a belief in the power of the mind or spirit to overcome physical limitations.
This isn't an immortal existential.
They just resisting death with their willpower. I don't understand why this is an immortality type 5 rather than resistance to death manipulation.

Characters with this ability may be able to resist enormous amounts of pain, act even when unconscious or well beyond what they should be able to endure, resist possession and mind control, affect their environment, or even go against natural phenomena, such as death or the limits imposed by reality.

The immortality of the spiritual lifeform is defined within a specific context, emphasizing their unique state. You can't just pick a piece of the statement and understand it on its own. The whole context gives the complete picture.

No its by being unbound by life or death not life and death
Ressurection is one ability
Immortality type 4 is also another one.
But the latter is immortal due to the former
Resistance to death manipulation as an immortal creature
Is immo5 this isn't really hard, even tho you said its swp it still counts
As that's what was literally provided

The immortality of the spiritual lifeform is defined within a specific context, emphasizing their unique state. You can't just pick a piece of the statement and understand it on its own. The whole context gives the complete picture.
How about 7.
7: Undead: Characters who cannot die due to technically being already dead, often overlapping with other forms of immortality. This includes characters who can keep existing as spiritual entities upon dying.

I changed my mind about immortality type 5 after careful consideration in the page willpower.

Thanks, @CodeCCLL

The description provided in the passage doesn't precisely fit Type 5. The spiritual life form, in the passage, is not explicitly described as existing outside the realms of life and death or as being immune to traditional forms of destruction. This mostly refers to willpower ability.

It also does not specifically align with Undead Immortality. It's not explicitly stated to be undead or existing in a state of undeath.

No, this became extrapolating a simple text to many types of the immortalities. Either:
  • Type 1 (no lifespan), likely type 2 (no specific degree of resilience / but is uneffected by them), type 3 (regenerated by physical attacks), type 6 (instant or overtime, not sure), type 9 (they are independent of physical plane where they usually should get killed)
  • Type 1, type 3 and type 6 (only evaluating explicit statements, with no implicated means)
As for invulnerability, would it not be better to list them as resistances like they did in the screenshot? It would prevent any NLF arguments and looks more precise in my opinion.

After all, they are not immune to any conventional harm.

Last edited:
As for invulnerability, would it not be better to list them as resistances like they did in the screenshot? It would prevent any NLF arguments and looks more precise in my opinion.

After all, they are not immune to any conventional harm.
They are immune to mental harm and magic also immune to natural attack with status ailment
as a spiritual life-form, Adalmann had natural resistances to each kind of elemental attack. Most melee strikes didn’t work on him. As a duo, they had also overcome their weakness against holy attacks.
Really, I didn’t see how any normal dungeon-runner team could take them. Vol 12
I changed my mind about immortality type 5 after careful consideration in the page willpower.

Thanks, @CodeCCLL

The description provided in the passage doesn't precisely fit Type 5. The spiritual life form, in the passage, is not explicitly described as existing outside the realms of life and death or as being immune to traditional forms of destruction. This mostly refers to willpower ability.

It also does not specifically align with Undead Immortality. It's not explicitly stated to be undead or existing in a state of undeath.
I still don't understand how immortality type 5 works, type 7 seems to fit the bill since jahil was killed by guy but he became a spiritual lifeform and roamed around the world until he possessed footman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back