• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Spies vs Assassins (Taiyo vs Toji) (2-0-0)

Idk but part of feels this fight could be interesting

Sibling Search Profuse Blooming Taiyo: 310 Tons of TNT, 1 Kiloton durability with Hardening, 3.53 Kilotons with Amaterasu

Toji: 114 Tons of TNT, Dura neg with SSK

• They start 10m apart
  • Shibuya metro (Where Gojo fought the disaster curses, but its empty this time)
  • Toji and Taiyo both have full intel on each other (Taiyo knows all of Toji's tools and SSK; Toji knows how strong Taiyo is and his abilities)
  • Speed is equalized
  • Victory by KO or kill
Megumi doesn't care about him:

Alpha thinks he's the best: arkenis, catbowtie

Let’s go jump Megumi instead (incon):

Last edited:
Toji gets a chill in his spine that Taiyo is simply That Guy, ignores it like he did against Gojo, and gets cooked. Taiyo For Reasons Above (Exaggerated, but the message is genuine)

Toji gets a chill in his spine that Taiyo is simply That Guy, ignores it like he did against Gojo, and gets cooked. Taiyo For Reasons Above (Exaggerated, but the message is genuine)
Just to add more detail on the both of em anyway
Basically in a fight Toji would obviously love to have a normal sword fight since SSK can even bypass durability for inanimate objects, so Taiyo just parrying his strikes with Yae is off the table. If Taiyo messes up in close quarters then thanks to SSK he’ll just just be obliterated if Toji gets a good slash (cause he can’t defend his soul nor can he heal it, nicks will be fine though). If Toji stabs Taiyo instead of just slashing through him then Taiyo can keep fighting, although he’ll be very impaired.

Some of Toji’s other cursed tools won’t be very useful cause of Taiyo’s very high durability. Like inverted spear of heaven since that nulls cursed energy and Taiyo doesn’t function on a power system like that.
Fly heads could stall Taiyo and confuse him for a bit although since Taiyo’s extrasensory perception isn’t based on sensing a form of energy Taiyo won’t be instantly vulnerable to being stealth killed like that.

They’re relative in lifting strength so Taiyo can’t just Stepping on Flowers and instantly pin him down, and if he tries something like that he leaves himself vulnerable to SSK. Although if Taiyo could get Toji in a compromised position before pinning him then he’d be fine.

Both Taiyo and Toji have analytical prediction. Toji is based on his sensory skills and those are more impressive than Taiyo’s with Maki using it to overcome a blitz difference. Taiyo can’t really do much about the fact his attacks make vibrations in the air and the like. Toji’s has the plus side of not needing to build up as he figures out an enemy, it’s basically constant.
Taiyo’s is more about pattern recognition via his own intelligence. Since in base he can overcome a blitz difference once he figures out an enemy attack pattern. Then his Blooming amps said Analytical prediction. With his Profuse Blooming he can tag characters like Kyoichiro who are capable of resisting analytical prediction and has his own. Along with Taiyo’s own being amped to be relative to the predictive capability of Supercomputers.

In terms of skill Toji basically scales relative to Current/Awakened Maki. So he’d be a monster with any of his tools. Chain of a thousand miles could at least function as a decent zoning tool he also has the minor bonus of way more experience. (JJK supporters can probably elaborate more on Toji’s skill)
Taiyo is used to fighting enemies stronger than him and either holding his own or winning through intelligence and with the area his weakest in during this key, his martial arts he’s used to defeating hordes of enemies relative to his strength on his own. He’s also able to tag the likes of Shinzo (it was a game of tag basically) who has instinctive reaction and was effectively 1v100ing spies using a small knife.

On Taiyo’s end of fight preferences, shocking him enough with Yae seems like it’d put down Toji since he doesn’t have any electricity resistance. Amaterasu is a definite win but he’d only use that if he has no other choice way later on since it’s one time use. Taiyo’s generally gonna hit Toji harder too even if all he does is kick him or punch due to the AP gap as well, so that helps when Toji’s low-mid is kinda slow. Stepping on flowers will also help him a lot for movement speed amps.

Last edited:
Since Toji knows how powerful Taiyo is (7-C stats and higher with Blooming) he'd just assume this guy is the physical equivalent of Gojo. Toji knows Taiyo would beat the **** out of him in close-quarters-combat (Stepping on Flowers, Electricity Manipulation and Paralysis Inducement, etc), so he'd start the match with Fly Heads. Toji knowing that Taiyo doesn't use cursed energy actually saves him since if didn't, he would try to set up the Pre-Awakening Gojo special, fail, then get blitzed and beat up. Toji may use Chain of a Thousand Miles to kick up more debris to obscure Taiyo's vision more so he can get a good hit on Taiyo with his Split Soul Katana. I'd say he does, since Toji isn't the guy to wing a fight. From here, Toji would try to quickly close the gap and hit Taiyo with Split Soul Katana before Taiyo has the chance to amplify and use any of his abilities on Toji, since Toji knows that Taiyo is simply That Guy.

Since Toji knows how powerful Taiyo is (7-C stats and higher with Blooming) he'd just assume this guy is the physical equivalent of Gojo. Toji knows Taiyo would beat the **** out of him in close-quarters-combat (Stepping on Flowers, Electricity Manipulation and Paralysis Inducement, etc), so he'd start the match with Fly Heads. Toji knowing that Taiyo doesn't use cursed energy actually saves him since if didn't, he would try to set up the Pre-Awakening Gojo special, fail, then get blitzed and beat up. Toji may use Chain of a Thousand Miles to kick up more debris to obscure Taiyo's vision more so he can get a good hit on Taiyo with his Split Soul Katana. I'd say he does, since Toji isn't the guy to wing a fight. From here, Toji would try to quickly close the gap and hit Taiyo with Split Soul Katana before Taiyo has the chance to amplify and use any of his abilities on Toji, since Toji knows that Taiyo is simply That Guy.
Yeah, Toji would be the type to play smart and fight as dirty as he can here

Although if Toji does fly heads + kicks up a lot of debris he has a small window of opportunity in that situation since Taiyo has enhanced senses and has sensing abilities that means Toji basically has a brief opening period before Taiyo decides to not rely on his eye sight and just close his eyes. Toji has a good shot of landing a hit if he’s close at the same time he’s getting this interval.
Basically the fight will be all about Toji chasing the one good hit he needs, while Taiyo will need a couple, and is constantly on guard for SSK (lucky for Toji that Taiyo isn’t just spamming the basically auto targeting electric gun in this situation cause that’s out of character for Taiyo)

Yeah, Toji would be the type to play smart and fight as dirty as he can here

Although if Toji does fly heads + kicks up a lot of debris he has a small window of opportunity in that situation since Taiyo has enhanced senses and has sensing abilities that means Toji basically has a brief opening period before Taiyo decides to not rely on his eye sight and just close his eyes. Toji has a good shot of landing a hit if he’s close at the same time he’s getting this interval.
Basically the fight will be all about Toji chasing the one good hit he needs, while Taiyo will need a couple, and is constantly on guard for SSK (lucky for Toji that Taiyo isn’t just spamming the basically auto targeting electric gun in this situation cause that’s out of character for Taiyo)
How fast will Taiyo go from looking at Toji's Flyheads and Debris, thinking "I need to use my other senses to track this guy since my vision is blocked" and actually doing it? How fast can Taiyo react to someone of equal speed to him? Depending on how fast Taiyo is, he may or may not be one shotted by Split Soul Katana, since Toji will immediately use the vision blocking to run to and attack Taiyo to quickly kill him.

How fast will Taiyo go from looking at Toji's Flyheads and Debris, thinking "I need to use my other senses to track this guy since my vision is blocked" and actually doing it? How fast can Taiyo react to someone of equal speed to him? Depending on how fast Taiyo is, he may or may not be one shotted by Split Soul Katana, since Toji will immediately use the vision blocking to run to and attack Taiyo to quickly kill him.
Taiyo can accomplish this and think of it pretty fast. Since he’s faced a situation semi similar to this before, against an opponent too fast for his eyes to keep track of, he almost immediately switches to keeping his eyesight to a minimum and using his other senses. Against equal opponents, Taiyo’s got his instinctive action (So Toji would have to make the swing nigh unavoidable first of all), Taiyo often is put in fights against faster opponents and can hold his own against em (although with immense difficulty, cause all Yozakura characters are just really skilled) he also uses his perception amps against people faster than him, and Taiyo’s daily life basically constantly tests his reaction time (waking up to explosions next to the bed, bullets coming out of the fridge every time it’s opened etc).

not sure how this would work since the Flyheads are cursed spirits (cursed spirit invulnerability and such) and Taiyo isn’t using a special energy but if they’re still susceptible to normal hax Taiyo has the option of immediately electricity blasting the entire area including himself to incapacitate the flyheads, since he can withstand his own electricity. Which would leave the space open and bring it back to being a normal fight

So Personally how I see it, more often than not Taiyo would be able to survive a plan like that

Last edited:
I left you on read for months 💀
Taiyo can accomplish this and think of it pretty fast. Since he’s faced a situation semi similar to this before, against an opponent too fast for his eyes to keep track of, he almost immediately switches to keeping his eyesight to a minimum and using his other senses. Against equal opponents, Taiyo’s got his instinctive action (So Toji would have to make the swing nigh unavoidable first of all), Taiyo often is put in fights against faster opponents and can hold his own against em (although with immense difficulty, cause all Yozakura characters are just really skilled) he also uses his perception amps against people faster than him, and Taiyo’s daily life basically constantly tests his reaction time (waking up to explosions next to the bed, bullets coming out of the fridge every time it’s opened etc).

not sure how this would work since the Flyheads are cursed spirits (cursed spirit invulnerability and such) and Taiyo isn’t using a special energy but if they’re still susceptible to normal hax Taiyo has the option of immediately electricity blasting the entire area including himself to incapacitate the flyheads, since he can withstand his own electricity. Which would leave the space open and bring it back to being a normal fight

So Personally how I see it, more often than not Taiyo would be able to survive a plan like that
Gotcha. Only thing I can say to this is that IA will only allow Taiyo to dodge Toji's first attack but not the other consecutive ones. I really do think that Toji would be able to kill Taiyo with SSK but Taiyo electricity + LS + AP advantage + IA backup would have Taiyo kill (or doesn't, I don't know if Taiyo kills or not) Toji.

• Shibuya metro (Where Gojo fought the disaster curses, but its empty this time)
Almost any hit they do, they'll just escape and fight from above ground, especially Toji who works well in a larger area.

• Toji and Taiyo both have full intel on each other (Taiyo knows all of Toji's tools and SSK; Toji knows how strong Taiyo is and his abilities)
I assume they'll try their greatest stuff then?

Taiyo will have no issue with sensing Toji with his senses being basically what's needed to sense someone like Toji and he'll sense him to an even greater extent. His Someinine perception amp will be something he'll decide to focus right away to not lose sight of Toji and his curse tools so Toji hitting him is gonna be hard here, even just landing basic attacks. Taiyo should be able see curses as well with his enhanced invisible vision, so he'll know if Toji releases fly heads, though flyheads are mainly useful against sorcerers.

In terms of skill Toji basically scales relative to Current/Awakened Maki. So he’d be a monster with any of his tools. Chain of a thousand miles could at least function as a decent zoning tool he also has the minor bonus of way more experience. (JJK supporters can probably elaborate more on Toji’s skill)
Taiyo is used to fighting enemies stronger than him and either holding his own or winning through intelligence and with the area his weakest in during this key, his martial arts he’s used to defeating hordes of enemies relative to his strength on his own. He’s also able to tag the likes of Shinzo (it was a game of tag basically) who has instinctive reaction and was effectively 1v100ing spies using a small knife.
Being a spy and Taiyo's intell section having more examples of skill than Toji's shown or logically could have and the fact this is a much later key, I'm gonna go with Taiyo being more skilled substantially.

Voting Taiyo off senses capable of sensing Toji with ease, having the ap advantage, being capable of dodging SSK through acrobats and his perception increase, he should be able to create a plan to knock SSK from Toji's hand, outmaneuver him or use his electricity should end up burning Toji to death or knocking him out.

I left you on read for months 💀

Gotcha. Only thing I can say to this is that IA will only allow Taiyo to dodge Toji's first attack but not the other consecutive ones. I really do think that Toji would be able to kill Taiyo with SSK but Taiyo electricity + LS + AP advantage + IA backup would have Taiyo kill (or doesn't, I don't know if Taiyo kills or not) Toji.
counted
Almost any hit they do, they'll just escape and fight from above ground, especially Toji who works well in a larger area.

I assume they'll try their greatest stuff then?

Taiyo will have no issue with sensing Toji with his senses being basically what's needed to sense someone like Toji and he'll sense him to an even greater extent. His Someinine perception amp will be something he'll decide to focus right away to not lose sight of Toji and his curse tools so Toji hitting him is gonna be hard here, even just landing basic attacks. Taiyo should be able see curses as well with his enhanced invisible vision, so he'll know if Toji releases fly heads, though flyheads are mainly useful against sorcerers.

Being a spy and Taiyo's intell section having more examples of skill than Toji's shown or logically could have and the fact this is a much later key, I'm gonna go with Taiyo being more skilled substantially.

Voting Taiyo off senses capable of sensing Toji with ease, having the ap advantage, being capable of dodging SSK through acrobats and his perception increase, he should be able to create a plan to knock SSK from Toji's hand, outmaneuver him or use his electricity should end up burning Toji to death or knocking him out.
also counted

Back