• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Spider-Man: Battle Across Universes (Raimi Games Spider-Man vs Insomniac Spider-Man)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanna vote on this because its the first time Raimi Games Spidey is being used, but I also wanna wait for the intelligence revision for Insomniac to get added first

Insomniac Spidey spams Concussion Blast and eventually takes out the symbiote and then one shots.
I think you’re severely underestimating Raimi Games’ skill and abilities here. He commonly uses Spider-Reflexes, which slows down time itself while amping his attacks, and he’s got Rage Mode to boost his stats by a factor of two. Also, I don’t see why Insomniac Spidey would lead with Concussion Blast spam. It’s not even a weakness of the Symbiote here

My full analysis: Insomniac Spidey hits Raimi Spidey with the Suspension Matrix into Web Bomb combo and then its joever

Raimi Games Spider-Man
-Stronger/more durable through his amplifications (Because he scales to baseline High 8-C with the Black Suit, he would become stronger than Insomniac with Rage since it doubles his power, reaching 4 tons of TNT. Mixed with his many means of boosting damage and common usage of Spider-Reflexes, he would then upscale 4 tons of TNT)
-Organic webbing (While Insomniac doesn't really need to worry about his webbing in this battle, Raimi Games' Spidey having an unlimited supply of webbing is just convenient)
-Greater Precognition (Raimi Games' Spider-Sense is capable of providing a much wider array of warnings beyond the standard direct danger. It also tingles to an intensity relevant to the level of the oncoming danger, giving him a much more accurate sense of how to react. The Spider-Sense remain active even as he sleeps and has annoyed opponents in the past in how it lets him react before enemies can even attack)
-Greater Enhanced Senses (Pretty much gets incredibly accurate views and audio of events going on in areas far away from him, even being able to see/hear said events at these distances in multiple places at once with completely clarity. He can also see others through solid objects and track footprints)
-Instinctive Action (The Spider-Sense's instinctive nature allows him to effortlessly dodge attacks, meaning he can focus more on tactics for counterattacks against Insomniac)
-Time Manipulation (Spider-Reflexes alters time, slowing it down as to give Spidey an edge in speed. Given he uses this often, this will be quite important to keep in mind)
-Status Effect Inducement (Dizzy Strike will grant him the opportunities to land combos on Insomniac)

Insomniac Spider-Man
-Stronger/more durable in terms of starting AP/Durability (upscales 3.65 tons of TNT with the Anti-Ock Suit)
-More experienced (Has 8+ years over Raimi Games' 4+ years operating as Spider-Man)
-More skilled (Insomniac could fight evenly with Silver Sable, who has these noteworthy skill feats to her name. He defeated Taskmaster without even going all out, with Taskmaster possessing a "photo-reflexive memory" that allows him to observe, assess and then instantly replicate his target's combat maneuvers. Plus., Taskmaster had been studying and analyzing Spider-Man for awhile before the fight in which Peter came out victorious. The rate at which he’s progressed his fighting style is also fairly telling)
-Greater arsenal (Self-explanatory, I'll be honest)
-Better Regeneration (Healing from having 14 broken bones, internal bleeding, and organ damage is much more impressive than Raimi Games' standard regeneration)
-Support (Spider-Drones essentially give him greater numbers against Raimi Games)
-Concussive Blast (Remember how I said this wasn't actually a weakness against? Yeah, I forgot it's sound based. Because of that, this would be a huge advantage against Raimi Games due to the Black Suit)

Again, I still don't think Insomniac simply having the Concussive Blast means he spams it and one-shots a Symbiote-less Peter. He's not gonna know immediately about this weakness. If at some point he manages to use it and notices it, then he'll definitely use it more, but he's not gonna spam it from the start

Anyways, here's my analysis. I think Insomniac Spider-Man's greatest advantages here are his arsenal and skill. He's definitely the better fighter and much better equipped. Though I think Raimi Games Spider-Man's advantages may just be more potent here. He'll be able to amplify himself through various means as well as slow down Insomniac through Time Manip, be able to naturally avoid most of his attacks with his Spider-Senses, and can use Dizzy Strike to give himself more opportunities to lay on his beatdown

Voting Raimi Games Spider-Man

Last edited:
Raimi Games Spider-Man
-Stronger/more durable through his amplifications (Because he scales to baseline High 8-C with the Black Suit, he would become stronger than Insomniac with Rage since it doubles his power, reaching 4 tons of TNT. Mixed with his many means of boosting damage and common usage of Spider-Reflexes, he would then upscale 4 tons of TNT)
-Organic webbing (While Insomniac doesn't really need to worry about his webbing in this battle, Raimi Games' Spidey having an unlimited supply of webbing is just convenient)
-Greater Precognition (Raimi Games' Spider-Sense is capable of providing a much wider array of warnings beyond the standard direct danger. It also tingles to an intensity relevant to the level of the oncoming danger, giving him a much more accurate sense of how to react. The Spider-Sense remain active even as he sleeps and has annoyed opponents in the past in how it lets him react before enemies can even attack)
-Greater Enhanced Senses (Pretty much gets incredibly accurate views and audio of events going on in areas far away from him, even being able to see/hear said events at these distances in multiple places at once with completely clarity. He can also see others through solid objects and track footprints)
-Instinctive Action (The Spider-Sense's instinctive nature allows him to effortlessly dodge attacks, meaning he can focus more on tactics for counterattacks against Insomniac)
-Time Manipulation (Spider-Reflexes alters time, slowing it down as to give Spidey an edge in speed. Given he uses this often, this will be quite important to keep in mind)
-Status Effect Inducement (Dizzy Strike will grant him the opportunities to land combos on Insomniac)

Insomniac Spider-Man
-Stronger/more durable in terms of starting AP/Durability (upscales 3.65 tons of TNT with the Anti-Ock Suit)
-More experienced (Has 8+ years over Raimi Games' 4+ years operating as Spider-Man)
-More skilled (Insomniac could fight evenly with Silver Sable, who has these noteworthy skill feats to her name. He defeated Taskmaster without even going all out, with Taskmaster possessing a "photo-reflexive memory" that allows him to observe, assess and then instantly replicate his target's combat maneuvers. Plus., Taskmaster had been studying and analyzing Spider-Man for awhile before the fight in which Peter came out victorious. The rate
-Greater arsenal (Self-explanatory, I'll be honest)
-Better Regeneration (Healing from having 14 broken bones, internal bleeding, and organ damage is much more impressive than Raimi Games' standard regeneration)
-Support (Spider-Drones essentially give him greater numbers against Raimi Games)
-Concussive Blast (Remember how I said this wasn't actually a weakness against? Yeah, I forgot it's sound based. Because of that, this would be a huge advantage against Raimi Games due to the Black Suit)

Again, I still don't think Insomniac simply having the Concussive Blast means he spams it and one-shots a Symbiote-less Peter. He's not gonna know immediately about this weakness. If at some point he manages to use it and notices it, then he'll definitely use it more, but he's not gonna spam it from the start

Anyways, here's my analysis. I think Insomniac Spider-Man's greatest advantages here are his arsenal and skill. He's definitely the better fighter and much better equipped. Though I think Raimi Games Spider-Man's advantages may just be more potent here. He'll be able to amplify himself through various means as well as slow down Insomniac through Time Manip, be able to naturally avoid most of his attacks with his Spider-Senses, and can use Dizzy Strike to give himself more opportunities to lay on his beatdown

Voting Raimi Games Spider-Man
Counted.
Question are the DS and PS2 versions of SPM3 feats not accepted?
Don't worry, the Raimi DS Game version will get his own profile at some point.

Insomniac Spidey also has a Psuedo-Time manipulation ability with his perception manipulation which can "Can enhance his perception to the point where he views the whole world as almost frozen".
I feel like at one point insomniac spidey will use his concussive blast at least once in the fight since it will most likely last a while since he's more easily more skilled and the strength difference isn't too crazy. He could also use suspension matrix to keep raimi games spider-man in place so he can more easily land hits.
The Anti-Ock suit resupplies his Gadgets/Webbing

Insomniac Spidey also has a Psuedo-Time manipulation ability with his perception manipulation which can "Can enhance his perception to the point where he views the whole world as almost frozen".
Thats perception manipulation, but Raimi Games' ability is legitimately time manipulation, which is gonna be a lot more potent here

I feel like at one point insomniac spidey will use his concussive blast at least once in the fight since it will most likely last a while since he's more easily more skilled and the strength difference isn't too crazy. He could also use suspension matrix to keep raimi games spider-man in place so he can more easily land hits.
Those are definitely wincons he has. I just find that Raimi Games' Spider-Sense, Spider-Reflexes, Rage, Status Effect Inducement, and other amps are more likely to lead to his victory

The Anti-Ock suit resupplies his Gadgets/Webbing
Very true

Thats perception manipulation, but Raimi Games' ability is legitimately time manipulation, which is gonna be a lot more potent here
Fair enough
Those are definitely wincons he has. I just find that Raimi Games' Spider-Sense, Spider-Reflexes, Rage, Status Effect Inducement, and other amps are more likely to lead to his victory
I honestly kinda disagree here. Only because of the fact that a weakness of Raimi Games Spider-man is: "Wearing the Black Suit causes Peter to take on a far more aggressive attitude and risks losing himself to the Symbiote's control." and considering that it feels much more likely that he will go in for a close quarters attack either immedietly or at some other point in the fight. And since insomniac spider-man won't like being so close to someone he knows is stronger than him he'll use his concussive blast to push him away and then realize he's weak to it he'll start spamming it until Raimi can be one-shotted.

I honestly kinda disagree here. Only because of the fact that a weakness of Raimi Games Spider-man is: "Wearing the Black Suit causes Peter to take on a far more aggressive attitude and risks losing himself to the Symbiote's control." and considering that it feels much more likely that he will go in for a close quarters attack either immedietly or at some other point in the fight. And since insomniac spider-man won't like being so close to someone he knows is stronger than him he'll use his concussive blast to push him away and then realize he's weak to it he'll start spamming it until Raimi can be one-shotted.
He becomes more aggressive, but he doesn’t lose any of his skill or standard usages of his powers. He doesn’t stop using webbing either (I see a lot of people assume that bloodlusted or aggressive Spider-Men well go straight for close-quarters and ignore their ranged attacks when this generally just never true). In fact, he has some new ranged attacks with the Black Suit. Raimi Games Spidey can easily close the distance with a technique like Pinball as well. This isn’t even mentioning that Rage and Spider-Reflexes will definitely be useful in avoiding Insomniac’s attacks. Insomniac’s gonna have a lot of trouble nailing those blasts against a guy who can become faster, slow down time, is still willing to use a lot of range options with his own webbing himself, and can arguably close the distance better than he can

Another thing worth mentioning is that Raimi Games Peter actually has fought an opponent using sound based attacks while wearing the Black Suit, that being Shriek. or if you wanted to go to someone he fought before using the Black Suit, there’s Shocker. Raimi Games Spider-Man’s never had any issues moving out of the way of his blasts, even in tight spaces when the blasts cover a much greater radius than Insomniac’s Concussive Blasts

Gonna toss in my hat and vote Raimi for Lonk's reasons, it seems like he has an effective answer or prior experience to just about everything Insomniac has.

Now let's do this match again when they both get their black suits

He becomes more aggressive, but he doesn’t lose any of his skill or standard usages of his powers. He doesn’t stop using webbing either (I see a lot of people assume that bloodlusted or aggressive Spider-Men well go straight for close-quarters and ignore their ranged attacks when this generally just never true). In fact, he has some new ranged attacks with the Black Suit. Raimi Games Spidey can easily close the distance with a technique like Pinball as well. This isn’t even mentioning that Rage and Spider-Reflexes will definitely be useful in avoiding Insomniac’s attacks. Insomniac’s gonna have a lot of trouble nailing those blasts against a guy who can become faster, slow down time, is still willing to use a lot of range options with his own webbing himself, and can arguably close the distance better than he can

Another thing worth mentioning is that Raimi Games Peter actually has fought an opponent using sound based attacks while wearing the Black Suit, that being Shriek. or if you wanted to go to someone he fought before using the Black Suit, there’s Shocker. Raimi Games Spider-Man’s never had any issues moving out of the way of his blasts, even in tight spaces when the blasts cover a much greater radius than Insomniac’s Concussive Blasts
Black Suit Spider-Man just becomes more of a menace with his range
iz7m7zt7qkr61.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back