• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sphinx (Marvel Comics) rework

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will fix the tabber stuff later. Basically KaStone should have sub tabbers

thank you.

he makes me think how some of the most powerful marvel characters yet never heard of them

okay not too powerful but powerful enough to be considered a big threat (yet i never hear about them)

why is that confluctor

I mean you do realise he is one of the strongest 2Cs of marvel, right? And 2c is fricking gigantic. He is downscaling by unquantifiable amount. And still gave him more trouble than a lot of other characters in comics who scale to him
I am inclined to agree with Confluctor in this case. If Galactus had laughed off all of the Sphinx's best efforts that would be one thing, but he did have to exert himself moderately much for a while.

Last edited:
I mean you do realise he is one of the strongest 2Cs of marvel, right?
Not much of an achievement noting how dead the tier is
And 2c is fricking gigantic. He is downscaling by unquantifiable amount.
And? He shouldn’t downscale to begin with if he got wiped the second Galactus starts to actually fight
And still gave him more trouble than a lot of other characters in comics who scale to him
Great, downgrade other fuckos, if they’re also fighting a Galactus lite-trolling across the fight and when he begins trying he yeets them off.

It’s genuinely, not like Galactus tries and he is equal, no, he stomps him as soon as he goes “k, not playing around”, AND THAT’S YOUR ONLY FEAT, this is cartoonishly nothing, literally, Spider-Man has better feats against 3-C

Anyways I’ll tag more staff members

@Qawsedf234 @DarkDragonMedeus @Eficiente

It’s genuinely, not like Galactus tries and he is equal, no, he stomps him as soon as he goes “k, not playing around”, AND THAT’S YOUR ONLY FEAT, this is cartoonishly nothing, literally, Spider-Man has better feats against 3-C
Rather irrelevant, isn't it? He is still exerting himself whether you like it or not. And that's still more than enough for scaling. And for him to push Galactus to the point where he would get him serious enough for one shot shit is EXTREMELY impressive and most definitely scaling worthy.

You can make up whatever mechanics you want, that's how it went in story.

Nobody is scaling him directly to Galactus, he is being downscaled heavily by an unquantifiable degree.

Rather irrelevant, isn't it?
Why because you want it to be?
He is still exerting himself whether you like it or not
Again why, because you want it to be?
And that's still more than enough for scaling. And for him to push Galactus to the point where he would get him serious enough for one shot shit is EXTREMELY impressive and most definitely scaling worthy.
…no, if a fly buzzes around you enough for you to swat it, it’s not scaling. That is what happened, Galactus didn’t care much at all
You can make up whatever mechanics you want, that's how it went in story.
Confluctor, actually, from the story itself, give me A SINGULAR SCAN of Galactus getting hurt, once.

There isn’t one, Galactus launches a few beams, which have never been inherently 2-C, he NEEDS to conserve energy afterall, and the fisticuffs happens during the timeframe where Sphinx is making an offer which Galactus can very well be holding back to listen, and when he isn’t impressed by it, he launches his ass and insta-oofs.

Deadass more I read the issue, narrative isn’t even ******* Sphinx pushing Galactus to care, it’s Sphinx tanking a few blasts from Galactus, great he’s replicating shit Silver Surfer does, and Social Influencing to the minutes he ends up surviving.

The TWO ATTACKS Sphinx does, doesn’t land a scratch on Galactus, hell even he calls them ******* pitiful, every hit from Galactus ***** up Sphinx hard, only “comparability” comes from Sphinx’s own quotes that Galactus then demonstrates as ******* dumb, and honestly you can just attribute Sphinx surviving that long as PIS so Galactus can get epik quote.

Narrative in the story is that he isn’t comparable to Galactus in the slightest considering the godstomp Galactus does throughout the comic, but you’re saying otherwise by counting pages instead of the actual result.

************ does less than what Spider-Man did to Juggernaut, if that’s what’s scaling ******* anything is.
Nobody is scaling him directly to Galactus, he is being downscaled heavily by an unquantifiable degree.
But he doesn’t downscale mate, for that he actually has to do shit to Galactus, he doesn’t even reach that.

In general downscaling has SOME SEMBLANCE of equality for GENERAL VERSES, for comics the burden’s higher, and you’re failing to meet basics here.

Considering Galactus had to dodge his attacks as well as try to exert himself... Yeah, ofc he scales.

Also why bring spider man and those inconsistent shit? That's not relevant here at all. Sphinx has shit ton of statements and upscales from a casual low 2c feat, and on top of that, this feat. This isnt like Spidey and his shitty wins against higher tiers.

Idk what else to tell, but just read it again. If forcing Galactus to dodge his attacks and exert himself isn't enough, then idk what to tell you other than that's stupid.

What you are failing to realise is, the gap in 2c is high as shit. And Galactus is one of the strongest ones in the verse. He is visibly giving him trouble. Doesn't matter if he is not one shotting him, he is giving him trouble and that's how downscaling works. Unless you wanna go around and change the standards, then do that first.

And for the record, a pretty serious Galactus ******* failed to one shot him until he started to absorb his energies and destroy his KaStone.

Given that I am only going by very old memories here, can somebody provide an exact story issue reference, so I and others here can check through the comic book at Read Comic Online, and see if the Sphinx genuinely made Galactus exert himself or if it was a Spider-Man versus the Juggernaut type of situation?

It's already on the file, plus every scan of them together is already listed on his file

But the fight happens in Fantastic Four Vol 1 212 - last page and ends in Fantastic Four Vol 1 213

After reading the relevant story again, I am afraid that I am inclined to agree with Impress. The Sphinx was never remotely shown as a match for Galactus.

However, rewriting the timeline of an entire universe during the much later New Warriors story is still a Low 2-C level feat.

After reading the relevant story again, I am afraid that I am inclined to agree with Impress. The Sphinx was never remotely shown as a match for Galactus.

However, rewriting the timeline of an entire universe during the much later New Warriors story is still a Low 2-C level feat.
Yeah that's my thoughts. Stuff like Galactus shredding the suit or easily absorbing him is just to much. Plus even the super poetic narration didn't mention them being really equal or Galactus struggling.

The timeline stuff is 2-C of course, as mentioned. But Galactus shouldn't be used to scale anything.

No one is saying equal, now are they? I have been saying he downscales from Galactus by an unquantifiable degree.

Do tell me, how is surviving a hit and two from a visibly Galactus not enough for down scaling? Or grappling with him for good few moments before the other retorted to Absorbing him? On top of that, the story treats him as a nigh Galactus level threat, and Galactus in their fight was forced to dodge his stuff as well as get serious enough to start using his Absorption.

Genuinely confused here

Considering Galactus had to dodge his attacks as well as try to exert himself... Yeah, ofc he scales.
Damn you really did give the “Thor tried dodging bullets so he’s 9-C” explanation.

Like, are you serious here? Why the **** did you not agree with the Thor 9-B downgrade a while back mate? It had the exact same points you’re arguing now, except you’re doing it in the reverse direction.
Also why bring spider man and those inconsistent shit? That's not relevant here at all. Sphinx has shit ton of statements and upscales from a casual low 2c feat, and on top of that, this feat. This isnt like Spidey and his shitty wins against higher tiers.
Because CONTEXT matters, that’s the point of contention, and your context is actual dogshit, Spider-Man by consistency and “statements” I can get to 3-C too.

This is EXACTLY LIKE Spidey’s shitty wins against high tier, he upscales from X feats, has a shit ton of statements, and on top of that he has shit like kicking Firelord’s ass.

Also the upscale from the Low 2-C feat is stupidly presumptious now that I note it.
What you are failing to realise is, the gap in 2c is high as shit. And Galactus is one of the strongest ones in the verse. He is visibly giving him trouble.
…no he isn’t giving him trouble, again, get me one SINGULAR SCAN of Galactus hurt in that fight, you literally can’t.
Doesn't matter if he is not one shotting him, he is giving him trouble and that's how downscaling works. Unless you wanna go around and change the standards, then do that first.
Confluctor, if you’re gonna repeat the same poor points ad infinitum I’m only forced to repeat my own points.

This isn’t how scaling works, when shit like him not oneshotting and “”””giving him trouble”””” are so easily explainable, and he is getting ******* melted across the fight.
And for the record, a pretty serious Galactus ******* failed to one shot him until he started to absorb his energies and destroy his KaStone.
Because PIS and Galactus needs the speech, good God, do you even read the things? This is the most basic example of PIS in existence, not even VERSE STANDARD, this is VERSUS DEBATING STANDARD.

Literally, you’re actually ignoring shit which happened in the fight, and are arguing “WELL HE SURVIVED” and “GALACTUS HAD TO DODGE”, because you actually can’t find any valid form of scaling otherwise and are grasping straws.

Surviving is PIS and dodging is a single panel vs. pages of fight where Galactus wrecks Sphinx while Sphinx himself is doing fuckall, meanwhile Galactus making claims that Sphinx is the equivalent of a flea to his own strength.

Impress, I agree with your points about the Galactus fight, but you really need to try to be more respectful and polite, especially to other staff members who are working hard trying to help out.

I have removed the Galactus stuff from its AP justification, but either way, he is still 2-C via statements and upscaling. His durability and other stuff has been reduced too.

I dunno if this was supposed to be removed or…?
This would be At least Low Multiverse level, possibly Multiverse level+ since that’s where the Skyfathers scale.
at least Galactic after tapping into the full power of the KaStone
at least Galaxy levelafter tapping into the full power of the KaStone (Survived many powerful hits from Galactus.[2][22] In addition, it is possible his durability can scale to his attack potency due to the nature of the KaStone and how it operates)
Why Galaxy level?

Also I find some formatting stuff really weird.
Wouldn’t something like “At least Large Island level, up to at least Star level with Absorption” look better?

Do we know that Ra has demonstrated power on a scale with Odin and Zeus?

Do we know that Ra has demonstrated power on a scale with Odin and Zeus?
He is one of the older Gods, comparable to the likes of Chton and Gaea and them lot. On top of that, unlike the rest - like Odin, Ra is actually too huge to even enter the universe.

I dunno if this was supposed to be removed or…?
Yeah I could remove that, but wanted to keep it for time being just in case.
Why Galaxy level?
Cause he survived attacks from Galactus?
Also I find some formatting stuff really weird.
In what way?
Wouldn’t something like “At least Large Island level, up to at least Star level with Absorption” look better?
You mean remove the physically, tk and energy thing?

Would it not be Low Multiverse level considering that you put that his durability and AP should be comparable?
You might wanna go up and reread the thread. I would rather have bad info on the file than go through that headache again. No thanks
That, and remove the “Initially” from his second key. It seems redundant.
Not really, it's quite integral to his character arc.

You might wanna go up and reread the thread. I would rather have bad info on the file than go through that headache again. No thanks
The note about his AP and durability being comparable should be removed then, because listing that while he has Low Multiverse level AP but Galaxy level durability doesn’t make any sense.
Not really, it's quite integral to his character arc.
Unless I’m not understanding, his AP only increases via absorption, right? Then putting “Initially” for the “At least High 6-C”, which seems to be his base stats without absorption, would be redundant.

The note about his AP and durability being comparable should be removed then, because listing that while he has Low Multiverse level AP but Galaxy level durability doesn’t make any sense
That's why I put "at least" and "possibly"

Unless I’m not understanding, his AP only increases via absorption, right? Then putting “Initially” for the “At least High 6-C”, which seems to be his base stats without absorption, would be redundant.
His AP at first was high 6c, then he learned more about his stone and absorbed a nearby star. The latter happened in the same arc where he got his infinite statements from

So have we reached any conclusions here yet?

That's why I put "at least" and "possibly"
Where…? The word possibly doesn’t seem to appear anywhere in the sandbox.
His AP at first was high 6c, then he learned more about his stone and absorbed a nearby star.
So does his power increase through absorption or him learning more about the stone?

Either way it doesn’t really matter tbh, when you do an “X, up to Y” rating, the first tier should be the initial tier by default. Listing initially shouldn’t be necessary.

at least Galaxy level
it is possible his durability can scale to his attack potency
Unless I am misunderstanding you?

So does his power increase through absorption or him learning more about the stone?
To simplify the events of his story;
1. At least high 6c for being way stronger than the likes of Ben
2. Learned the secrets of his powers
3. Causally absorbed a star to show off his new power
4. Went to earth and fought Galactus
5. Died.
6. Returned again - different death, complicated stuff - but was only high 6c since he momentarily forgot about his true extent. And absorbed the life force of a town to increase his AP slowly and was going to reach his earlier state.
7. Died again
8. Alive again in the Fault, this time fully powered up.

Thank you to everybody who are helping out here.

Unless I am misunderstanding you?
Nvm I thought you meant he had a “possibly” rating or something.
But still, why is that there when his stats aren’t the same, that’s just confusing
1. At least high 6c for being way stronger than the likes of Ben
2. Learned the secrets of his powers
3. Causally absorbed a star to show off his new power
4. Went to earth and fought Galactus
5. Died.
6. Returned again - different death, complicated stuff - but was only high 6c since he momentarily forgot about his true extent. And absorbed the life force of a town to increase his AP slowly and was going to reach his earlier state.
7. Died again
8. Alive again in the Fault, this time fully powered up.
W h a t
The initially still seems unnecessary when it’s his base state but idk and idrc at this point

Ra is gonna take me a while to make, I don't have a lot of time these days, so not sure how long it will take for me to finish making Ra's file. But turns out, he is basically comparable to if not far more powerful than the likes of mephisto, Odin, etc, etc.

In any case, I will update my sandbox to low 2-C for the time being so I can wrap up this, it's been going on for far too long and I just wanna be done with it at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back