• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sphinx (Marvel Comics) rework

Status
Not open for further replies.

Confluctor

VS Battles
Retired

Here is my rework of the Sphinx. Do with it as you will. Tons of new abilities, new key layout, new tier stuff, new intelligence stuff, etc, etc.

If you need further context for something, do let me know.

After this, it's time for some Nova upgrades. Oh yeah

Also got making a page for fem Sphinx and the KaStone, those should be up soon.

Ig, it's just I thought his base base form can be used for some matches

High 6-C, at least High 6-C with a broken KaStone, higher when fused with Meryet Karim
Wouldn’t it look better to do something like “High 6-C, higher with a broken KaStone, even higher when fused with Meryet Karim”
Wouldn’t this be “Low Multiverse level, possibly Multiverse level+“ since he’s scaling to Skyfather level people?

I don't want to go that high into scaling, especially because this could very well scale to eternity itself, so not sure... Essentially, he had to ascend to a higher level and destroy the universe completely to recreate it from scratch without any existing governing laws.

As for the high 6-c one... Maybe? I don't mind that suggestion

Honestly, disagree with the Galactus scaling, if you read the comic whole the insinuation is that Galactus isn't fighting seriously, and as soon as he begins caring he insta stomps Sphinx.

Rest is fine, except notability's sus for a bunch of KaStone possessions, so rq remind me how long he had each individual state you list him with.

The thing is, he put up a decent fight before Galactus got really serious, which is why he is downscaling. He is also upscaling from the low 2c feat of Karim - whose file is nearly done. Just noticed Imgur has ****** up the order again, gotta fix that too

As for requirement, yeah it does meet the minimum criteria for keys.

The thing is, he put up a decent fight before Galactus got really serious, which is why he is downscaling. He is also upscaling from the low 2c feat of Karim - whose file is nearly done. Just noticed Imgur has ****** up the order again, gotta fix that too
you realize you're suggesting downscaling/upscaling tier 2, mate? It's not joules we're talking here, that doesn't exist.
As for requirement, yeah it does meet the minimum criteria for keys.
Yeah but how many issues each :V

We do downscaling for a lot of other verses so
Other verses can be dumb as shit, what about it? Galactus was literslly amusing himself there, next to no damage is really done to him
With Ka stone, around 24, base is around 28
No like, each individual KaStone. How many issues he had 2 KaStones, how many issues he had 1 KaStone, how many issues he had the broken one, that.

Single KaStone for 24, broken for 2 or 3, 2 stones for 2, equipment stuff for 10, merged state for 4 issues

Also I wouldn't call that Galactus amusing himself. Yeah, he is definitely stronger but he was also not kidding around. He just got more serious and beat him by absorbing his energies.

Single KaStone for 24, broken for 2 or 3, 2 stones for 2, equipment stuff for 10, merged state for 4 issues
K so only equipment stuff and single KaStone should be listed
Also I wouldn't call that Galactus amusing himself. Yeah, he is definitely stronger but he was also not kidding around. He just got more serious and beat him by absorbing his energies.
He very well was kidding around, if he could've won at any time he'd have done it, he didn't.

K so only equipment stuff and single KaStone should be listed
Not really? It's not a key, the rule says specially for new keys. Plus it's an important aspect of his character.

He very well was kidding around, if he could've won at any time he'd have done it, he didn't.
He had Galactus on the edge for a short time and forced him to get serious, so yes, he does scale.

Not really? It's not a key, the rule says specially for new keys.
You not listing it as one doesn't make it functionally not a key. It's a state he cannot reach unless he has certain equipment which he naturally doesn't possess.
Plus it's an important aspect of his character.
Great, wait for the time Sphinx gets adapted and the KaStones are on-screen. Until then stop giving randos overpowered keys for the funzies
He had Galactus on the edge for a short time and forced him to get serious, so yes, he does scale.
Recognise he WASN'T EVEN SERIOUS fighting him, so keeping him on edge means NOTHING if Galactus wasn't even trying, and when he does he oneshots.

I agree that Sphinx was getting stomped
Although I disagree with not having 2 KaStone Key as that’s like his final story and the finally of the last solo run of Richard Rider so

Nah that's a ******* stupid rule and it's not even stated on the rules shit (crappy rules to begin with). Just because he doesn't have something for 15 issues doesn't invalidate it's importance to him. Recognise that not everyone is Spiderman or iron man who appears in 50 damn issues each week, most characters don't even reach 50 issues in total sometimes.

I am already compromising enough as it is with his keys.

And yes, he can gets access to most of this stuff basically whenever he wants, it's not optional equipment.

Nah that's a ******* stupid rule and it's not even stated on the rules shit (crappy rules to begin with). Just because he doesn't have something for 15 issues doesn't invalidate it's importance to him. Recognise that not everyone is Spiderman or iron man who appears in 50 damn issues each week, most characters don't even reach 50 issues in total sometimes.
Recognise you'll not be around 24/7 and you're not working on the Sphinx solo verse, you're working on MARVEL COMICS, where something of CHARACTER IMPORTANCE isn't of VERSE IMPORTANCE, we list VERSE IMPORTANCE. Too damn bad he doesn't appear 50 issues a week, too damn bad most don't reach 50 issues, we still have LITERAL THOUSANDS which do.

You're literally listing a 2 issue amp from ******* nowhere and saying "yesyes rando stronger than Galactus", and your compromise is irrelevant considering how NOTHING of real importance is added to the file except a higher

in general do you LITERALLY NOT SEE you're listing a key there??? The "|" alone isn't the only signifier mate.
And yes, he can gets access to most of this stuff basically whenever he wants, it's not optional equipment.
...You're literally inventing shit now, the second KaStone was via a freak accident irreplicable by Sphinx alone, and the broken one was a literal unintended fuckup.

Prove he can get this shit whenever he wants

I am talking about equipment...
Equipment which he doesn't have with him for a relevant enough duration, or owns inherently.

This isn't even verse standard, wiki standard doesn't allow this kinda shit to be listed, and given it amps it's a functional key

I agree about that the Sphinx's Xandar amplification wasn't long-lasting enough to reliably scale to from Galactus, especially as Galactus was nowhere near tier 2 yet during the late 1970s/early 1980s, so we would have to backscale by decades to a single event story.

Also, as I alluded to above, from what I recall of that story, the Sphinx was empowered to nearly Galactus level by absorbing power and knowledge from the Xandarian computers (I don't recall if the Worldmind was invented yet back then), not by the Ka Stone alone.

Also, as I alluded to above, from what I recall of that story, the Sphinx was empowered to nearly Galactus level by absorbing power and knowledge from the Xandarian computers (I don't recall if the Worldmind was invented yet back then), not by the Ka Stone alone.
You are clearly misremembering. He absorbed the worldmind - which doesn't empower you in this way, for the record - and stole it's intelligence - as I have already pointed out on the file. As soon as he asbroebed the knowledge, he realised just how powerful he really can be, and became a cosmic level threat where Reed had to bring in the Galactus.

Worldmind existed back then, yeah, just doesn't empower you in this sort of way.

Okay. So it was kind of a Korvac-style "greater knowledge=greater power" for beings that manipulate cosmic energies type of situation then?

No, that's different. The KaStone is a cosmic artefact with infinite power, not enough to rival cosmic cubes or IG, but can be considered one of the stronger weapons/artefacts. Sphinx, before absorbing the worldmind, didn't know the power it held, but after he "unlocked the secrets of the KaStone and the universe" he realised he wasn't even using a fraction of its power. After that, he stopped holding back and began unleashing everything it had and they started to consider him a proper threat to the universe, by both Reed and watcher and that's why they had to get Galactus involved.

Ah. That seems to make sense then. Thank you for the explanation.

However, it was still just a very brief power-up, and Galactus was not anywhere near a tier 2 character back in those days.

How so? He always had scaling and statements. Also, he doesn't even have a single universe destroying feat in base form - not one, only statements, but look where he is rated lol

Yes, but Galactus scales from Odin, who currently has much better feats.

I suppose that the "Eternity leads to Dormammu leads to Odin leads to Galactus" scaling may have been present even at this time (the late 1970s or early 1980s) though, but it is uncertain. I think that Galactus of this era had to flee from base level Thor using the God-blast and had not fought Odin yet, for example.

Yes, but Galactus was only established as having been created by a dying star and eating or fighting planets at this time.

Anyway, as Impress said, this may not have been a sufficiently long-lasting power-up to be listed.

On the other hand, the Ka Stone later managed to rewrite the history of an entire universe in a New Warriors storyline, so if it was not an external power-up, and just about greater knowledge/skill, I suppose that you make a valid point in that it is sufficiently notable to keep around.

Yeah, Karim did that. Warped time and reality of the entire planet in that arc. And she was less experienced user. But the thing is, it's not a power up, he is literally tapping into the full potential of the KaStone. And 20 years later, he still was in the DnA run.

Okay. I suppose that it seems fine to include then.

From what I recall, he seemed to exert himself somewhat at least.

I mean you do realise he is one of the strongest 2Cs of marvel, right? And 2c is fricking gigantic. He is downscaling by unquantifiable amount. And still gave him more trouble than a lot of other characters in comics who scale to him

Here is my rework of the Sphinx. Do with it as you will. Tons of new abilities, new key layout, new tier stuff, new intelligence stuff, etc, etc.

If you need further context for something, do let me know.

After this, it's time for some Nova upgrades. Oh yeah

Also got making a page for fem Sphinx and the KaStone, those should be up soon.

excuse me confluctor i quickly read it and it says in base key resistance to electricity manipulation

but that's also in his resistance key too.

isn't that redundant? shouldn't you remove the resistance to electricty manipulation thing from his base key.

just keep it in the resistances key.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back