• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Speed.

actually this thread is conveniently titled since I had a speed question myself and am too lazy to make my own threads
would being able to fight in a black hole give a speed rating?

actually this thread is conveniently titled since I had a speed question myself and am too lazy to make my own threads
would being able to fight in a black hole give a speed rating?
No, it would give a Lifting Strength rating.

oh
well that's neato but now I have nowhere to look for speed ratings
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
It's because light being unable to escape a black hole isn't related to its speed at all.
It "sucks" the light in using spatial manipulation, by making it so that a "straight line" takes the light to the center of the black hole.
That is to say, the light isn't trying to escape. It's going into the black hole itself.

But darkness doesn't have speed bro, you can't tell me your shadow or the darkness that exists everywere is light speed.

I also don't know how to explain it but darkness doesn't have speed.
Then light doesn’t have a speed aswell, I understand what you mean but it’s not how it works…

Then light doesn’t have a speed aswell, I understand what you mean but it’s not how it works…
Due to you being a staff now, congratulations again👏.

I would like to go chill out now cause I have a specific tone when chatting with staff's. You could say slightly rude.

but light has speed though even calculated.

Due to you being a staff now, congratulations again👏.

I would like to go chill out now cause I have a specific tone when chatting with staff's. You could say slightly rude.

but light has speed though even calculated.
I'm still a monkey... Who just helps with stuff 🐵

But you could also kinda Calc darkness as well... But I get what you mean... Light has particles while dark has nothing

Pretty sure darkness doesn't have speed but rather "omnipresence" since it is everywhere, and light simples moves around it to give color to us.

Pretty sure darkness doesn't have speed but rather "omnipresence" since it is everywhere, and light simples moves around it to give color to us.
Exactly my thoughts just didn't know how to put but I would say darkness should be nigh omnipresence since it doesn't exist wherever theirs light

darkness is just the lack of light so it's just wherever light isn't
when light moves away it reveals darkness, which was always there, except it's not really there if there's light there but whatever you get the point

The speed of darkness is not necessarily the speed of light.
It depends. Imagine you're shining a lamp down on the ground which is 1 lightyear away.
If you move the lamp 5 meters to the right, the shadow will move 5 meters in 1 year, which is much much slower than the speed of light.

Darkness can also move faster than light.
If a shadow is large enough and cast over a large enough area, then its source moving and being obstructed can actually cause the shadow to move faster than light.
This is because darkness has no mass, and really doesn't exist at all, meaning it's exempt from the laws of physics.

Was under the impression it works like this. Shadows are omnipresent, but are only seen when light is blocked. So, since the shadow is already at any given place, its not moving faster than anything. It just doesnt move.

Was under the impression it works like this. Shadows are omnipresent, but are only seen when light is blocked. So, since the shadow is already at any given place, its not moving faster than anything. It just doesnt move.
Shadows simply being "nothing", this is probably the technically correct interpretation.

On the topic of two places at once, speed is Distance over time. So if u have moved two distances at once, the speed should be undefined. I think

Back