• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Speed.

I watched death battle commentary on popeye vs saitama and they said popeye able to be 2 places at once and hit himself should be infinite speed.

So would it be infinite speed here or immeasurable or another teir?

What? No. It depends on the distance, if done through sheer speed. It can be as low as supersonic ngl. Even if he is in two places at once and they are on different planets, then it will be mftl+ (and again, depends on the distance between the planets). The only way you could get immeasurable from it is he travels through time via sheer speed and appear in multiple places at once, which doesn't seem to be the case here.

In any case, if not done through sheer speed, it could be simply a duplication ability.

What? No. It depends on the distance, if done through sheer speed. It can be as low as supersonic ngl. Even if he is in two places at once and they are on different planets, then it will be mftl+ (and again, depends on the distance between the planets). The only way you could get immeasurable from it is he travels through time via sheer speed and appear in multiple places at once, which doesn't seem to be the case here.

In any case, if not done through sheer speed, it could be simply a duplication ability.
I do not understand your logic.
How is occupying two places at once only supersonic?
These were not afterimages, he was able to punch himself this way.

I think it should be infinite speed, as the speed page mentions that you can do "infinite actions in finite time" and "move faster than time can flow", i think those would include being in two places at once since it would be 2 actions in 0 time.

Yeah. Infinite speed is the minimum to literally occupy two spaces at once and punch yourself through sheer speed.
We're not talking about simply "looking like you're in two places at once" like an afterimage, or being "practically" in two places at once from an outside perspective.

Though, this particular feat is probably more likely explained with wacky toon force.

I remember a phillosepher saying that for a object to occupy two places at the same time, it would need to move at 0 time idk how reliable that is but eh

I won't reply this till you watch the death battle match or commentary cause it seems you don't have idea of what I'm trying to ask here.
I think it should be infinite speed, as the speed page mentions that you can do "infinite actions in finite time" and "move faster than time can flow", i think those would include being in two places at once since it would be 2 actions in 0 time.
Makes sense.
Yeah. Infinite speed is the minimum to literally occupy two spaces at once and punch yourself through sheer speed.
We're not talking about simply "looking like you're in two places at once" like an afterimage, or being "practically" in two places at once from an outside perspective.

Though, this particular feat is probably more likely explained with wacky toon force.
Precisely.

I do not understand your logic.
How is occupying two places at once only supersonic?
These were not afterimages, he was able to punch himself this way.
It depends on the distance. If the distance between two places is a few centimetres, it cannot be anything close to sol.

I won't reply this till you watch the death battle match or commentary cause it seems you don't have idea of what I'm trying to ask here.
You should probably explain better then lol.

Never watching that trash in my life tho that's for sure

It depends on the distance. If the distance between two places is a few centimetres, it cannot be anything close to sol.
No... The distance doesn't matter... Being two places at once is infinite speed no matter the distance... but... I think it could be his toon force that's doing it

Popeye-Two-Places-At-Once.gif

No... The distance doesn't matter... Being two places at once is infinite speed no matter the distance... but... I think it could be his toon force that's doing it
But it does? In that case, we should probably slap infinite speed on a gazillion files on here, especially the comic ones. Cause boy ,o boy, so many of them can exist in two places at once. But again, if distance is irrelevant, they are all infinite speed.

But it does? In that case, we should probably slap infinite speed on a gazillion files on here, especially the comic ones. Cause boy ,o boy, so many of them can exist in two places at once. But again, if distance is irrelevant, they are all infinite speed.
Explain to me how you would calculate their speed then.

I think you are missing the fact that time here bas to be 0 or else the the punch would be throw before popeye moved out of the way and thus he wouldn't hit himself, so no, you can't calculate this like other speed feats, you can't litwrally occupy two places at once, this is not afterimage creation

Is this comical animated series making a visual gag or is it telling you visually that its protagonist has infinite speed? I really wonder.

Still has the highest viewers when it comes to battle boarding.

None are in two places at the same time via pure speed not to talk of hit themselves.

Is this comical animated series making a visual gag or is it telling you visually that its protagonist has infinite speed? I really wonder.
It's probably just toon-force, but if it were to the latter then it would be infinite.

Still weird how I'd through a punch and still move fast enough to receive an upper cut from my own arm fist.

And I thought sonic and flash beating and out running their shadows was crazy.

What? How is shadow light speed?
Google speed of darkness… and shadows technically can move faster then the speed of light but I think it’s because the darkness…. I can’t explain so just Google 🐵

I can’t explain anything 🐵I just know

Google speed of darkness… and shadows technically can move faster then the speed of light but I think it’s because the darkness…. I can’t explain so just Google 🐵

I can’t explain anything 🐵I just know
I believe its dumb cause darkness doesn't have speed it cannot even be calculated.
They are a lack of light, so they appear the moment light is blocked.
Doesn't mean shadow/darkness is light speed or FTL though.

I believe its dumb cause darkness doesn't have speed it cannot even be calculated.

Doesn't mean shadow/darkness is light speed or FTL though.
So... You are disagreeing with logic and science 🤔.... Well this will be to hard to explain even by a person who can explain... But maybe I'm good at explaining with these... So when light starts to exist it moves at the speed of light... When light starts to unexist it still moves at the speed of light but backwards creating darkness... Does that kinda makes sense?

But darkness doesn't have speed bro, you can't tell me your shadow or the darkness that exists everywere is light speed.

I also don't know how to explain it but darkness doesn't have speed.

darkness is just the lack of light
darkness appears at the speed light disappears, although it's technically just always there but is overshadowed by the light taking up its space. It effectively is the speed of light but also it doesn't move at all

darkness is just the lack of light
darkness appears at the speed light disappears, although it's technically just always there but is overshadowed by the light taking up its space. It effectively is the speed of light but also it doesn't move at all
Reasonable but it shouldn't have speed at all.

Back