• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Speed VS AP Question

Let's say character "A" is just High 8-C. However, character "A" is MFTL in speed.

Let's say he's going to fight character "B" who is 7-A. However, character "B" is only MHS+ in speed.

What happens?

Character A would break their fists on Character B, the gap is so large that hurting B would be unfeasible.

However, Character B wouldn't have a chance of touching Character A due to the speed gap.

Results would be hard to gather from this as neither character can hurt each other.

Let's say character "A" is just High 8-C. However, character "A" is MFTL in speed.
IMG_20211018_134237.jpg

im pretty sure this High 8-C/MFTL person (I KNOW THIS MAN) can only probably damage dudes from 8-B and possibly low end 8-As if the speed is unequalized since free millions of hits (unless the opponent is also MFTL)

im pretty sure this High 8-C/MFTL person (I KNOW THIS MAN) can only probably damage dudes from 8-B and possibly low end 8-As if the speed is unequalized since free millions of hits (unless the opponent is also MFTL)
Like just don't expect the person to even touch Tier 7s even Low 7-Cs won't be affected that heavily. The person would probably rule over 8-Cs, High 8-Cs, 8-Bs and possibly Low End 8-As at best thanks to the massive speed advantage, allowing them to land over a million hits (Unless their haxed or got the same speed)

funny enough I had a thread with the same question as the original post
to be honest, 9 times out of ten it's inconclusive or the stronger character wins
the fast character may have a low AP but if they can, say, punch a billion times a second in the same spot, all that damage is gonna hurt eventually
like for example a human can beat the crap out of a wasp and easily be stung with little harm, but if the wasp stings you a thousand times a millisecond you are going to get folded by the wasp and maybe die
in real life obviously, speed is one of the factors in force so it would be able to increase your AP just by going faster
of course, when we get to a really strong and faster 3-A vs very low end high 3-A the gap is still gonna be infinite between tiers, and speed will never be able to cross that barrier alone (unless infinite speed I guess, but not sure if the wiki is fine with a justification like that)

Can't the speed possibly increase the force of their hits?
Yesn't.

First of all, for the aforementioned High 8-C character that is MFTL (I definitely don't know who this is referring to btw), it's already established that they are High 8-C at MFTL speeds. It might be possible for them to get weaker if they punch slower though.
Secondly, it has to be established in-universe about how speed changes increases (or decreases) the force of the hits. Because a lot of times this dynamic is conveniently twisted and/or ignored. For example, they can punch harder but not really punch faster.

actually an interesting thing that might be relevant that I remember
boros (One punch man) gets rela+ speeds for kicking, meaning that wiki does follow the rule that nothing you hit or throw can travel faster than the speed which you hit or threw it at

Back