• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Speed Removal for Ultron-Sigma

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, but atm I don't know what could replace it.
I guess that some feat should be found within Infinite

I made a thread like this before and it was accepted just never applied.

I know Jedah in infinite dodges bullets and an arrow from point blank range so the characters would be subsonic at the very least.

Edit: I now see my thread was already linked in the op.

Isnt there any feat in other marvel vs capcom games for speed? If the bullet ones its all there is, needs a calc or something i think

Also we need some stuff to see this as well

I don’t think infinite’s story is connected to the rest of the series. The bullets one are the only one I can think of in the games story. You maybe able to dodge Thor’s lightning in game, but in the cutscenes a explosion hits Spider-Man before he can react and I don’t think infinite Thor’s has enough support to be realistic enough for massively hypersonic+ speed.

All of mvc series is categorized as an alternate universe to marvel, so i dont think its far fetched to say the other wouldnt count, none had any story mode till infinite kicked in

I actually agree with this, I noticed that during the forum move and I found it odd that it scaled to canon in Speed when we explicity have rules to not scale such characters to canon.

All of mvc series is categorized as an alternate universe to marvel, so i dont think its far fetched to say the other wouldnt count, none had any story mode till infinite kicked in
But Infinite’s story mode makes it clear that in infinite’s world this is the first time the characters meet and their worlds are combined. Meanwhile the rest of the series just treats it like they always shared a universe. Even if we use the other games the cutscenes only have subsonic to supersonic feats last I checked and something that would be hypersonic hits Spider-Man before he can do anything about it. Including the other games either wouldn’t add much or would just be an outlier in infinite’s story.

I don't recall the Mega Man X games being canon to Marvel vs. Capcom? Either way, this kind of violates our rules of crossovers if I'm not mistakened.

I agree with the downgrades. If there are no feats in the game, Ultron-Sigma's better off with an Unknown rating for speed until we find some calcs to replace it.

I feel like that is an outlier (hulk’s feat). Jedah barely manages to dodge bullets in the cutscenes and he’s one of the fastest characters in the cutscenes. He constantly dodges nearly everyone’s attacks and can hit spider man before he can properly notice. Meanwhile Spider man gets hit by an explosion before he can move an inch. Hulk’s feat only happens in gameplay, so I don’t think we should use it.

I also think that this seems fine, but I seem to be too late to comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back