• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Speed Questions (is this the correct place for questions?)

Gemmysaur

VS Battles
Retired
This is something from Mushoku Tensei and I'm hoping to get a better general idea of their speeds.

1. How fast do you have to move to be able to make your sword's bladetip go lightspeed?

• This is from the Sword God Style's (a school of swordsmanship that focuses on immense speed and one-shot strikes) trump card, Sword of Light, which is a slash that does what I mentioned above.
2. How fast will one's reaction time be if she was able to deflect an attack from behind that was lightspeed?

• This is Ghyslaine deflecting a surprise attack from Arumanfi of light (stated to be able to move at lightspeed as long as he has unobstructed view of his target) from behind.
3. How fast reflexes do you have to have to be able to deflect Sword of Light?

• This is the counterattack the Sword God Style created to deflect their own Sword of Light; as well as the standard for top tiers of the swordsmanship school, Water God Style (which focuses on defense and counterattack).
4. Is it safe to say one has roughly equal combat/reaction speed to a top tier of the Water God Style if they can do feints and surprise attacks despite being in view of the WG swordsman?

• This is the specialty of the North God style, who can counter the WG style's defenses through feints and misdirections, but loses out to pure speed of the SG style.

This is pretty much the combat speed of the top tiers of the verse so it's the best thing I can think of to gauge their speeds.

It doesn't matter if the sword is made out of light. The user is still not lightspeed so the reaction speed of the opponent will be the same as the user attacking.

If the one holding the sword can move at lightspeed and have lightspeed reactions then the one dodging the sword will also have lightspeed reaction, if he can keep up with him that would also make him lightspeed but keep in mind that sometimes this are call outliners.

Do you have any scans or at least a video, so we can see this feat better?

It's from a light novel so no.

I'll dig around for other speed feats.

Back