• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Speed Equalized Question

I'm sorry to be a bother and ask, but I don't really understand Speed Equalized fully.

When a character is most known for their speed, like say the Flash, and speed is equalized, what does that entail? Does that mean they are now able to be hit? How often? Is it now a 50% chance of them being hit, or how can they be an expert at dodging without being way faster than their opponent like the character normally is?

This came up in relation to Sans, who is really fast in game and dodges the genocidal player, but is one shot once he is hit even once. He has 1 hp afterall which compared to many other characters is rather low. If speed is equalized, how can he dodge someone who is just as fast as him?

Master Roshi dodged tons of atttack from the bird boy and yet he clearly stated how the bird boy is faster than him.

It's called skill and experience. Sans is also famous for his incredibly powerful barriers as you don't really have to dodge if you can just block.

Yes, it means they can be hit.

How many times you say?

Depends on the enemie they fight if it's someone far more skilled the chance of getting hit is bigger,if it's someone their own lvl in combat skills than I guess you say it's 50/50 and if it's someone who is not skilled in combat and has like only linear energy attacks and no AOE than chances of getting hit are lower.

I personally think Sans would try to dodge an attack in a normal way for not knowing his opponent's speed. We don't know much about his barriers, claiming that he can maintain a prolonged combat with that and teleportation seems quite incorrect.

I know that skill can often beat raw physicality if things are close. But even in just plain humans, that only goes so far, and superhumans often have even wider gaps in stats. I just don't know how much it changes.

It makes sense that if they are equal skill and speed is equalized, then there is a 50% chance any one strike will contact. And if a person has more skill they can dodge more... it's just with characters with low durability where they can easily be one-shot, it's a bit uncertain how things would playout...

If you have low durabilty and nothing else it's a stomp that why some matches are not made.

In case of sans his durabilty is almost irrelevant as he is using his barriers pretty much the entire time and those barriers become his durabilty.

Also being uncertain makes a good match.

I have another question about Speed Equalized.

How does it treat the ability to Boost one's speed via amps and statistic manipulation? Or even just techniques like Flash Step?

If Speed is equalized does Flash Step no longer apply?

^What he said. Exception is for persons that can slow their opponents with time manipulation, since they would be slowing time as a primary target.

Personally I think only a time stop should be allowed in equal speed, but a slow shouldn't

Monarch Laciel said:
Speeding yourself up through time manipulation is also allowed. Which is a bit of a mystery for me, seeing as it lets people like Ren Fuji or Kiritsugu Emiya blitz, but doesn't let Claymores or Schreiber.
There's a difference there, Claymores don't have techniques that increase their speed, everyone else you mentioned does.

I'm now getting conflicting info about speed amps through Time Manipulation...

Some says accelerating your speed through Time Manip is allowed while others says the opposite

Time manip is time manip. If it speeds you up or slows enemies down as a byproduct, it's allowed.

I just think that if we allow that, why not other forms of speed ups, or short burst speeds like flash step?

@Monarch but how exactly would we consider those boost in speed.

I doubt there is many or any that are calculated so at max you would say with flash step he/she blitzes ones or something like that.

Speed equal= ignore the speed. That's it, really.

If something affect the speed indirectly (time manip, gravity manip or stuff along those lines) it's allowed.

Simple speed amping isn't

? The same way it works with speed unequal. It's based on the mechanics of the precognition

Usually short-term precognition, like say Spiderman's is only helpful if you are much faster than your foe or whatever danger is about to befall you. If you are equal in speed to it. You might be aware of an attack, but have no time to dodge it. Doesn't speed Equalized negate most forms of short-term precognition?

No. Speed equal just says that you are as fast as the opponent. If your precognition is useful only against slower opponents, it's just your precognition being bad.

Back